Blade Runner 2049

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
All the replicants have feelings!

This why Batty is a tragic monster...

Come on guys, this is old hat by now. The allusion to Deck's implanted memories with the origami unicorn are plain for all to see, along with the glowing eyes and all the rest.

The director has said as much - why argue with the guy that made the film?

EDIT: Slob was joking... (Takes hand off ban command).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replica...a_replicant.3F

When Scott was asked about the possibility of a Blade Runner sequel in October 2012, he said, "It's not a rumor—it's happening. With Harrison Ford? I don't know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don't know how long he can live. And that's all I'm going to say at this stage."

Such a terrible idea. This will be a failure and Harrison Ford being really old is one of the reasons. I feel for the fans of the film as I'd probably lose it if they ever did a Taxi Driver remake.

I tend to watch my language on this site as much as I can, but **** this!

Is there even ONE BR fan on this site that thinks this is a good idea? I am thinking no...

I think this film will rock. In fact I think it'll be better than the mediocre original.

... why argue with the guy that made the film?
One word... Prometheus.

Putting my wooden spoon away now.
I have my revenge for Seds always picking on me.

Such a terrible idea. This will be a failure and Harrison Ford being really old is one of the reasons. I feel for the fans of the film as I'd probably lose it if they ever did a Taxi Driver remake.
What he said.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Is there even ONE BR fan on this site that thinks this is a good idea? I am thinking no...
The answer is a deafening "NO". No fan of Blade Runner wants this, and I don't see why Ridley would want to tarnish his legacy even further. Blade Runner isn't sci-fi catered to the masses, Its intelligent and thought-provoking. I reckon this sequel would abandon all that in favor of grabbing the more casual movie-goers. It's going to be some forgettable CGI-fest which everyone will forget a few months after release.

I don't abhor Prometheus but it is still a colossal disappointment nonetheless. It was a movie that did not need to happen, and this BR sequel does not need to happen either. I know artistic integrity doesn't mean sh*t anymore, and it's all about the $. I don't have any faith in Scott either. He's a mediocre director who managed to make two masterpieces early in his career. Chances of this being good are slim to none.

The only thing I dislike about Prometheus is that it ruined the mystery of the original film. I'd rather not know exactly what the Space Jockeys were, and leave that open to the imagination. Still, the film itself is damn entertaining and pleasing to look at. I agree with Lucas that yes, technically it didn't need to happen... but at least we didn't get a total pile of junk.

Also, no, I do not want a Blade Runner sequel.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just ****ing retire Ridley, no need to keep screwing up your earlier masterpieces. George Lucas the 2nd!

Finished here. It's been fun.
The only thing I dislike about Prometheus is that it ruined the mystery of the original film
This sequel will do the same to Blade Runner. We'll get spoonfed answers we never wanted to know in the first place.

Honestly I don't know what's worse. Ridley sh*tting on his own legacy and jeopardizing his masterpiece, or this getting made by somebody else. Either way it won't end well for us Blade Runner fans, no way around that.

Maybe you guys should just boycott the whole thing lol if it does get made.

As for Prometheus, it gets better on rewatches, I feel. I saw it before Alien and it didn't ruin the latter at all for me. I hated Prometheus the first time I saw it but I thought it was decent after a rewatch, even though I still have no clue what it is about.

I suppose in the long term the film won't be remembered, but unlike John Carpenter, Ridley Scott has direct input in the unneeded and ridiculous remakes, reboots, re-thinkings, re-constitutions and defilements of his work.

A system of cells interlinked
A tiny glimmer of hope...but still... NO!

"When we posted the news, reactions were split right down the middle. Some fans felt this could be good, because we have to we have the technology to make this really fascinating. And then there were a lot of people worried that Hollywood was going to ruin the legacy of Blade Runner. Can you address those fans' concerns? -i09

Kosove: I would really appreciate it if you guys could clarify something: Alcon is not owned by Warner Bros. None of this is being paid by WB. We are a wholly independent financial and production company. Our relationship with Warner, which is very strong, runs back to the earliest years of our company. They're the distributor on all of our movies. First of all, we're paying for everything, but second of all — and this a way of answering maybe partially the concerns of your fans — this may work, or it may not work. We may make this movie, but in truth it may never get made.

But what I can tell you for certain today is that we will not go about this process in some form of large group think where 15 executives are going to sit around a table micromanaging the creative talent. Broderick and I will meet with writers and directors and we will figure out what direction we want to go and what story we believe in.

And then they will have the artistic autonomy to go out and make a great movie. I think whatever success we've had at Alcon, whether it was helping Chris Nolan's career with Insomnia, or working with the Hughes Brothers on Book of Eli or Jonathan Hancock with Blind Side — that philosophy of believing in filmmakers, giving them some parameters and then letting them do their jobs, has served us very very well. And it's how we'll approach this process. I don't know how better to answer the question than that."

Source: i09