Blade Runner 2049

Tools    

Hmm... the olde one last job ploy?

Probably. Maybe Ford will be handing over to a Protégée or something.

Bat-sh*t-crazy actress Sean Young can't be in it though unless they ignore a major plot point in the original film.

disgusting ...

Finished here. It's been fun.
God I don't want a sequel to happen, Blade Runner is Perfect as it is. No need for a sequel,prequel,remake,etc. I understand that its inevitable , but I feel it would only damage the film's legacy. The dilemma of whether Deckard is a replicant or not is one of my favorite aspects of the film, and I feel this sequel would lean towards spoon-feeding us some sort of answer.

I've got nothing against Ridley Scott but he hasn't made anything great in a very long time. His career peaked with Alien and Blade Runner.

God I don't want a sequel to happen, Blade Runner is Perfect as it is. No need for a sequel,prequel,remake,etc. I understand that its inevitable , but I feel it would only damage the film's legacy. The dilemma of whether Deckard is a replicant or not is one of my favorite aspects of the film, and I feel this sequel would lean towards spoon-feeding us some sort of answer.

I've got nothing against Ridley Scott but he hasn't made anything great in a very long time. His career peaked with Alien and Blade Runner.
totally agree .

It'll be another Prometheus.

Explaining something that should be left to viewer imagination.

Tremors did it years ago with Aftershocks... they decided to use the explanation as a hook to keep the viewer interested, but it just felt cheap and like a sucker punch to the jaw of the original movie.

The dilemma of whether Deckard is a replicant or not is one of my favorite aspects of the film, and I feel this sequel would lean towards spoon-feeding us some sort of answer.
Especially considering Scott is adamant about Deckard being a replicant, it's possible he will make that obvious in the sequel.

But how can Ford return?

He's aged, Replicants don't age.

And if they did, then to age that much, Deckard would have shut down many years ago as they only live for like 3 years.

Maybe they'll do the "Schwarzenegger is returning because he was the original designer of the T800" ploy.
Old man Harrison Ford is the guy who designed the "Deckard model".

You've hit the nail on the head. If Ridley Scott is short of cash he should get a paper round and save us the misery of another Prometheus.

A system of cells interlinked
I tend to watch my language on this site as much as I can, but **** this!

Is there even ONE BR fan on this site that thinks this is a good idea? I am thinking no...

If they decide to carry on with a separate story within the same Universe, fair enough, but they can't have Ford involved if Scott was adamant that he was a Replicant.

But how can Ford return?

He's aged, Replicants don't age.

And if they did, then to age that much, Deckard would have shut down many years ago as they only live for like 3 years.

Maybe they'll do the "Schwarzenegger is returning because he was the original designer of the T800" ploy.
Old man Harrison Ford is the guy who designed the "Deckard model".
That's a good point, although I suppose they could make him younger digitally.

A system of cells interlinked
Also - there is plenty of ambiguity in the original (final cut) that the 4-year life span might not have been coded into the Nexus 7 replicants... .

Nexus 7, you say? Why yes, says I...what else are Rachel and Deckard?

Yeah, maybe a TRON Facelift would work...

I did find it hard to believe Deckard was a Replicant though.
Watching the film, he's incredibly human in his attitude and also has fear and feels pain. His infatuation with Rachel is also something that Replicants don't seem to show. His attachment to her is more human and realistic than the way the Replicants behave.
Or is that just his programming making him react that way... ?