Edge of Tomorrow

Tools    

Whoever made that trailer watched the Battle: Los Angeles trailers too much.

Saying that, the Battle: Los Angeles trailer was amazing yet the film turned out to be a dud, that trailer for Edge of Tomorrow looked a bit of a dud and cheesy so hopefully the film will turn out excellent.

It does look good. I'm kind of a fan of Tom cruise and love Emily Blunt, so I'm quite excited to see it. Because of the the time loops and stuff, it's gonna make you think, which makes those kinds of movies fun to watch. Like Looper, had me thinking about it after watching it.

Tom Cruise+Sci-Fi movie=Great entertianment

A system of cells interlinked
Re-tweeted...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Source Code?

Trailers for this have just started cropping up on TV over here in Blighty...

Yeah, doesn't look that enthralling for me. Looks like much-of-a-muchness... and as others have already said, it seems like a rip off of other films.

After seeing his last attempt with the Moon rip-off Oblivion, and that Minority Report and War Of The Worlds weren't great either, I'm going off his attempts at Sci-Fi.

He's better in other types of action... he doesn't lend well to Science Fiction at all.

I don't mind films that 'rip off' other films as long as they still make their film seem different and interesting/make it their own - like Oblivion.

█ █ █ █ █
I think it'll be, at least, better than Oblivion (which is not bad).

Oblivion was predictable, bloated, self-important, crap. I hated that movie about the half way point when I said to my son, who was watching with me, "that lady is his wife." Five minutes later she said she was his wife. I hated it more about 20 minutes later when I said to my son "the land outside their area isn't radioactive." Right after that he got to the radioactive zone to find out it wasn't radioactive. Then I said, "he's going to find another version of himself."

You get the point. Predictable trite. Anyone who's ever read a Sci-fi novel (a real one, not some Star Wars EU BS) or watched a movie could figure out every "twist" that film had coming.

Edge of Tomorrow looks worse.

█ █ █ █ █
Oh yeah, i must agree with you that in some points it is predictable, and maybe it would be better with a shorter length. But i think the plot was ok, the problem is they didn't explored it the right way.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
I'm a little curious how this time loop will work, in a war setting. In groundhog day (it's been along time) Bill Murray relives each day but he is the only one who is aware and eventually the loop breaks.

So Cruise and Blunt both have their own time loops? sharring a time loop? do they only have one day to defeat the mimics? also if it is the mimics power and the mimics can use it..then how will it ever end? or is that the point.

I guess ill find out when it comes out, unless anyone here has an opinion.

I'm a little curious how this time loop will work, in a war setting. In groundhog day (it's been along time) Bill Murray relives each day but he is the only one who is aware and eventually the loop breaks.

So Cruise and Blunt both have their own time loops? sharring a time loop? do they only have one day to defeat the mimics? also if it is the mimics power and the mimics can use it..then how will it ever end? or is that the point.

I guess ill find out when it comes out, unless anyone here has an opinion.
Tom Cruise is the only one stuck in the time loop. Emily Blunt knows whats going on because she had been stuck in one in the past. How the rest of this conceit plays out, I don't care.

Is This Movie release Today...

A system of cells interlinked
Trailers for this have just started cropping up on TV over here in Blighty...

Yeah, doesn't look that enthralling for me. Looks like much-of-a-muchness... and as others have already said, it seems like a rip off of other films.

After seeing his last attempt with the Moon rip-off Oblivion, and that Minority Report and War Of The Worlds weren't great either, I'm going off his attempts at Sci-Fi.

He's better in other types of action... he doesn't lend well to Science Fiction at all.
Minority Report was fantastic - one of the best Science fiction films of the 90s.

Can we just have you admit you dislike Tom Cruise? He is clearly the thing you whinge on about whenever one of these films comes up. I understand if you don;t like the guy, and i think that's absolutely enough of a reason to not like the films. His presence does not make the rest of the film terrible, though.

Oblivion is derivative, but again, I don't need films to bring totally original ideas to bear every single time. I love Boyle's Sunshine, and that doesn't bring anything new to the table, either. Science fiction films can still be good even when using ideas that have already been framed. Moon certainly did NOT use original ideas, at all. it's a great film, but not because of any twist - and moon uses concepts that had been around for DECADES - there just aren't many new ideas in today's post-modern society. Twists do not make a film, ever, IMO. There are great films with twists, and terrible films with twists. I maintain that the austere directorial vision of Oblivion in the star of the show, as well as the fantastic score, and minimalist approach.

Why would you rave about the new X-men film, when it relies on a time-travel mechanic to fix continuity holes in the EXACT same way as Star Trek of 2009, but then slay this film you haven't even seen for not being original? X-men is completely and utterly unoriginal in almost every way. it's Star Trek meets The Terminator meets X-Men First Class. Zero original ideas. Is being unoriginal good or bad? Why does one film get a pass?

Meanwhile, Edge of Tomorrow is cleaning up, with a 90% fresh rating on RT currently. I will certainly be seeing it.