Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

So it would seem. Though they have gotten it right a few times. Two in particular come to mind.
pick me! i know i know!

WARNING: "Cannes" spoilers below
1976 & 1979 !

what other Cannes winners are worth watching ? i've only seen 5. the winners from 1949, 1963, 1994, & the two above

The Conversation is very good, Black Orpheus I liked, Rome Open City is fantastic, and while this is a rather divided selection, I dug Wild at Heart.
I recently bought Rossellini's War Trilogy, so I will be seeing Rome, Open City soon.

New Godzilla 3.5/5 I loved the film and really don't mind his shorter screen time, but something was missing. Yeah, maybe a 4/5.

I recently bought Rossellini's War Trilogy, so I will be seeing Rome, Open City soon.

I haven't seen this but "Germany Year Zero" is amazing.

I should watch "Rome Open City" and "Paisan"

This is for Captain Spaulding regarding -- you guessed it -- Mannequin again:

Meshach Taylor (the guy who plays Hollywood Montrose in Mannequin) tells Wendy Williams that he won awards from GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) for bringing a positive portrayal to the character of Hollywood. Starting at 2:30.
If I die before you, you're going to find wherever I'm buried and place a mannequin on my grave site, aren't you?

Mannequin will haunt me for the rest of this life and on into the afterlife. I'll be reincarnated as a mannequin in one of Hollywood Montrose's displays. Andrew McCarthy will molest me. And I won't be able to cry out about how offended I am, because I'll be a f**cking mannequin.

I really hope you're not saying you believe Andrew McCarthy actually molested Emmy, the mannequin played by Kim Cattrall.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Kinda touchy Spaulding since you and we have no free will. You are a once-and-future mannequin. Get used to it.

Alien (1979) by Ridley Scott

-Excellent , Brilliant , one of the best horror/sci-fi movie of all time. Brief, A Masterpiece
9.5/10

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

I wonder if I missed something because my wife liked it, but it was just ok for me. I liked the story and atmosphere but it still fell a little flat.

Well, your wife watched it from the kids' and Lllian Gish's perspective, and you watched it from Bob Mitchum's, so naturally she got more out of it and liked it better.
Wow, spot on

Watched 2001 Space Odyssey for the first time. Easiest 5/5 I have ever given. My instant favorite film. It does things and goes places that I haven't seen before. It's the movie I have been waiting for and the one I've been trying to conceptualize. It breaks a barrier.

I've recently watched the Shinning(X3) and Clockwork Orange. I love them both, particularly Clockwork Orange, but this was far beyond anything I've seen from cinema. And it may be the best experience I have had from any piece of art.

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

I wonder if I missed something because my wife liked it, but it was just ok for me. I liked the story and atmosphere but it still fell a little flat.
I've only seen it once and I wasn't impressed - largely due to some terrible acting by the children and some really silly parts of the story.

Having said that, I think it was probably much better than I gave it credit for - I just need to get past those issues. What is interesting is that it's very memorable - I still remember much of it whereas I watched Rambo about three days ago and remember nothing

I'm planning on watching it again soon and I feel like, with a different mindset, I'll enjoy it more.

Pacific Rim (2013)

My big problem with this was that the action scenes were not clear. The big fight scenes at night, in the water, just looked like a jumbled mess to me, and they should look a little more realistic. Movies like Independence Day, Titanic, Jurassic Park, and King Kong(2005) may have their faults, but there's parts when I just say, wow, that was awesome. I didn't get that here. With a movie like this, I don't care about the story or the script, just give me some cheap thrills.

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

I will start off by saying I have not seen the 1934 version which I think more people enjoy also I have not read the book. Overall I like this movie and thought it was directed well, it is hard to fit in a 1200 page book into a 90 minute book and from what I have read gave the viewer the important parts. Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce play their parts well and I really like Richard Harris in this (I think this was his final role before he passed away). I liked the adventure of the movie in the first half but did find the second half too crammed and seemed like I was watching fast motion. Everything was basically over in 30 minutes.

3/5 stars