cartoon series "the sky is falling"

Tools    

it used to air every monday morning on british satellite tv sky one, around 8 CET, somewhere between '88-'90.

it had series of silly sketches. one of them was a bird running around from time to time, as an intermezzo, yelling: the sky is falling, the sky is falling...
once it had a blue piece in her "hand" showing and yelling: "look it's a piece of the sky", and in the sky there was a hole that looked exactly like that piece the bird was holding, where stood text: piece of the sky missing.

a lot of silly intermezzo stuff as well as: "and now is time for a brain lecture", while over the whole screen was standing a giant pot with brain under the half open lid, which was boiling...

i remember it was hilarious, but wish i could watch it again.

cheers

Ha! I remember that show, sadly i cannot think of the name, it was on sky and a couple other networks. I was stationed in germany during those years and there wasnt alot to watch besides AFN and sky network.

Is it Sheldon on Orson's Farm (Garfield and Friends). A chick who stays in his egg shell with his feet sticking out, and I am sure I remember him worrying about the sky falling.

no, it's not orson's farm.
as i remember, it was already a bird, not an egg with legs.
similar story i found was chicken little, but i'm not sure that's it either.

the cartoon was made out of segments/sketches, some of which were quite bizarre (as "brain lecture" mentioned in first post).

d'oh... can't post links yet... there is picture that may be similar, when you google for "sky is falling"... news anchor bird screaming "the sky is falling"

can't really rely on my memory to be completely sure about how it really looks. imagination messed it up for sure

cheers

it seems this topic got lost in time...
i'm still trying to find this cartoon series.

glad possum440 also remembers existence of this...

bumping in hope someone comes along remembering it's name.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
So this was a sketch show, more than just the bird, lots of sketches?

Was it definitely a cartoon, not a puppet series?

Was it a British show?

yep... a cartoon only show, consisted of lot of sketches.

was part of morning program for children on british sky one, so probably british production too.

maybe i could say it had monty python kind of humor.

the rodent: animaniacs were way later... also, this wasnt warner bros cartoon.

thursday next: not the widget.

as for round the bend, i did skip through couple of shows on youtube now... and it looks kind of similar... but i don't remember any puppets in the show i'm looking for.
i'll take an more thorough look these days.

ok. i've gave it a more thorough look, and it seems it's not "round the bend".
but i've searched more via google and came across "the dj kat show", which was screening at the same time. i'm not sure if it was before or after the show i'm looking for, but it may trigger some additional memories.