Television Tab

Tools    

Awesome that you liked it Donnie. "The Germans" is a classic episode and I don't know how anyone can't love it, like you mention kind of the only bad thing is there are so few episodes.
I dunno Daniel, I think having so few episodes is probably a good thing cos it didn't get tired and peter out.

Any Brit tv watchers see Prey last night? Very good start I thought. I have Hinderland on record too but not watched that yet

Let the night air cool you off

American Horror Story: Coven -

Even when the show isn't good, I still really enjoyed it. It's delightfully bitchy in the best possible way.

Cowboy Bebop -

As far as Anime-Comedy-Neo-Noir-Space-Westerns go, you can't really beat this.

I dunno Daniel, I think having so few episodes is probably a good thing cos it didn't get tired and peter out.

Any Brit tv watchers see Prey last night? Very good start I thought. I have Hinderland on record too but not watched that yet
Yeah I guess that's true about Fawlty Towers.

Not watched either of them, although heard about the latter with it being Welsh.

I watched Hinterland last night. Do you speak Welsh Daniel? Parts of the dialogue are in Welsh with English subs. I didn't realise it was going to be 4 parts, but all standalone episodes. Thought it was good enough to keep watching, although it was a little melodramatic. Great dark atmosphere tho. Good use of the countryside around Aberystwyth

Hannibal- Season 1

Some of the best cinematography I've seen in a TV show, and just all around unique style with the Story of Hannibal Lecter and Detective Will Graham being set in modern times. I kind of wished for more diversity in the episodes later on, instead of constant "copy cat killer" but overall lots of great symbolism and definitely kept my intrigue.

I watched Hinterland last night. Do you speak Welsh Daniel? Parts of the dialogue are in Welsh with English subs. I didn't realise it was going to be 4 parts, but all standalone episodes. Thought it was good enough to keep watching, although it was a little melodramatic. Great dark atmosphere tho. Good use of the countryside around Aberystwyth
Nope, where I come from there is like a Welsh/English speaking border and I am on the English side, so my Welsh language is very poor, just the very basics that I had to do in my GCSEs

Hannibal- Season 1

Some of the best cinematography I've seen in a TV show, and just all around unique style with the Story of Hannibal Lecter and Detective Will Graham being set in modern times. I kind of wished for more diversity in the episodes later on, instead of constant "copy cat killer" but overall lots of great symbolism and definitely kept my intrigue.

I liked Hannibal season one and will probably give it a similar rating, apparently season two is meant to be fantastic and I have noticed on IMDB it's rating just keeps increasing.

A system of cells interlinked

Just started season two!

I watched the first episode of this at the weekend. I wasn't impressed at all. I'll certainly give it another shot, but I was underwhelmed by just about everything and I didn't think it created an atmosphere at all. It all seemed very by the book, including

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
The friend having killed the child she was looking for, as well as her being the killer. I thought the baby had died/was never born from the moment you saw her in the window as they left after the first interview.

Anyone watching Generation War: Our Mothers, Our Fathers? Brilliant, IMO. One more episode to go and I'll miss it when it's gone. Great TV. If the other two are available on iPlayer I couldn't recommend it enough.

Welcome to the human race...
TV: Fargo. (Less frequently, Bob's Burgers).

DVD: The Sopranos (four seasons down, two to go).

Coven jumped the shark pretty quick IMO... The creepy intro is the best thing about it.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

This week's episode of Derek may've been my favourite of either series. Great stuff that had me laughing again and again. If you've not watched Derek yet, do give it a go. I'm getting to the point now where I think it'll make my top 25 for the TV list.

I watched the first episode awhile back. I guess it depends on how much you like Derek? I felt the show was painfully awkwardly unfunny.

I enjoy watching TV but not as much as watching films. I usually watch them on Hulu.com or another site where I can stream tv shows.

I enjoy:
Hannibal
Castle
MasterChef Junior
Kitchen Nightmares
Reign
Sleepy Hollow
Dracula
Penny Dreadful
Downton Abbey
Justified

Past shows include:
Warehouse 13
The Tudors
Camelot
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Torchwood: Miracle Day
Spartacus (all 4)
The Walking Dead

I tried watching "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D", "Bate's Motel" and "Believe". For some reason, I just dont care to watch them.

I really want to like Hinterland. I love the settings and the darkness but that last one was such a rediculous storyline. I need another decent crime one now that Prey and Hinterland have finished. Has anyone watched Happy Valley? any good?

if you thought Hinterland was decent you should be spoiled for choice.

The final series of Wallander (the proper one) started last Saturday, so I'd suggest that if you're not already watching it.

I've already posted this in the 80's movies thread. However, along with the films, there's also a new The Greatest 80's Movies countdown at 10pm.

For those in the UK, channel 5 is all 80's from 11:40am.

1:20pm

3:05pm

5:10pm

6:55pm