Hello, Movies are Great

Tools    

There are many movies about aliens and aliens are a great movie topic.
That'd be a good answer if you were talking about movie aliens, rather than actual aliens. There are many movies about police, too, but it wouldn't make sense to introduce yourself with a thesis about the history of Miranda rights, would it?

I figure that aliens are a much better conversation starter than a ramble about my favorite types of movie theater buttered popcorn.
Well, no, actually the latter would probably be more appropriate. But it doesn't matter because you have far more options than just aliens and butter. You could tell us what types of movies you like and why. That's how most people here introduce themselves.

There's also a difference between talking about movies and just using movies as a jumping off point for random philosophical speculation. For example, the fact that you can (and do) use the same text to introduce yourself on both a movie forum and an interfaith forum shows that what you're saying isn't about movies--if it was, you wouldn't be able to use something prewritten from a forum on another topic entirely.

You may have some interesting things to say, and I hope we'll get to find out. But that probably involves actually talking about movies, rather than using them as a threadbare pretext for prefab walls of text.

Maybe you could give him the benefit of the doubt until he actually starts spamming up the site with his theories? I mean, you DO want new members, right? Accusing people and putting them on the spot in their introduction thread so they have to explain themselves when maybe they were just trying to make an impression, or to be funny, to be interesting, you know.... That's not exactly welcoming or encouraging them to stay...

Well, he's already dumped two walls of text that he was quoting from somewhere else that seemingly have nothing to do with the introduction or conversation. And it's not terribly polite to copy-pasta responses to real people when they try to talk to you. So I think a couple of respectful follow-up questions is perfectly fair. They're certainly not meant as hostile.

How is this any worse than that guy who warns us all about Hell and Hellish things in movies?

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
How is this any worse than that guy who warns us all about Hell and Hellish things in movies?

Lol i feel ya, but to be fair i would say his walls of text are far more applicable than this one, atleast he is talking about movies..usually in an attempt to enlighten us but generally leaving us in disconcert.

Well, he's already dumped two walls of text that he was quoting from somewhere else that seemingly have nothing to do with the introduction or conversation. And it's not terribly polite to copy-pasta responses to real people when they try to talk to you. So I think a couple of respectful follow-up questions is perfectly fair. They're certainly not meant as hostile.
I met him in a swamp down in dagobah
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda
S-O-D-A, soda

I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "yoda"
Y-O-D-A, Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

Well, I've been around, but I ain't never seen
A guy who looks like a muppet, but he's wrinkled and green
Oh, my Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

Well, I'm not dumb, but I can't understand
How he can lift me in the air just by raising his hand
Oh, my Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

The rules state not to post a bunch of short quick posts; now, Yoda whines that I paste long texts from other forums. I put alot of work into those other posts under various aliases.

I suspect that the real reason Yoda is complaining is because I am getting close to the truth about the sinister alien agenda. How the aliens are really demons in disguise and human souls are their food of choice.

Many occultists such as Aliester Crowley were in telepathic contact with Yoda-like creatures from alternate dimensions. I would post links but the ruling elite of the Yoda illuminati club will soon ban me because they do not wish for the truth to be known

There are many types of aliens but the grey aliens and the reptilian serpent race are two that appear to have an interest in the Earth and farming human souls as their food of choice.

Movies are a way of desensitizing the human psyche and preparing it for probing and tapping into the emotions for energy.

Are you saying our Yoda could be one of these terrible soul-sucking alien overlords?
Not only possible but quite probable that Yoda would make Hannibal Lecter look like an amateur in comparison

Me, too.

btw, The stalking of random strangers met on the internet isn't all that creepy is it?

The rules state not to post a bunch of short quick posts; now, Yoda whines that I paste long texts from other forums. I put alot of work into those other posts under various aliases.
Why do you think the amount of work you put into them makes them ipso facto relevant? They were/are apropos of nothing. And that--not their length--is what the "whining" (which I guess is now a synonym for "perfectly ordinary questions") is about.

But I can see there's no potential for an actual conversation here, so I'll leave you to your 1,200 word non-sequitur monologues.