no, not agent smith

Tools    

Thanks all for the welcome! This place already feels cozy...

No, I haven't had the pleasure of watching other Akira Kurosawa's films. Want to point me in the right direction with a recommendation?

Thanks all for the welcome! This place already feels cozy...

No, I haven't had the pleasure of watching other Akira Kurosawa's films. Want to point me in the right direction with a recommendation?
Yojimbo and Sanjuro, and Hidden Fortress. Maybe you could try the Lone Wolf and Cub series of movies.

Let the night air cool you off
Yojimbo and Sanjuro are excellent recommendations. If you are interested in a non-samurai Kurosawa film, his best is Ikiru. It's one of my favorite movies of all-time.

My sensei recommended the seven samurai, the myoto musashi trilogy, and yojimbo but I never watched yojimbo.... I'll hafta look in the internet's ass crack for these I bet...we'll see

Let the night air cool you off
Compared to some of the other movies I've found, you won't have to look too hard for Kurosawa. If you are interested in other samurai films or ninja films, Zotis might be able to help you out. He loves sharing personal recommendations so if you see him online, don't be afraid to send him a PM. He is friendly and appears to be knowledgeable in those genres.

Yojimbo was not hard to find and it looks like a lot of Kurosawa movies are findable.

Thanks. I like your avatar.

What movie is that nun from? I'm guessing she's not the Flying Nun.

I think we've met before.

What movies do you like involving nerds?
Weird Science is pretty good. Data from Star Trek is probably the synthetic superman of sci-fi nerds, yes.

Who is the smartest Star Trek character of any series?

Perhaps I should also say that Q is an easy answer and Barclay when he turned into a supergenius should be excluded...

Perhaps I should also say that Q is an easy answer and Barclay when he turned into a supergenius should be excluded...
Q liked to brag about how he was omnipotent and omniscient. I suspect that a truly omniscient being would not boast, or appear to be bragging in order to intimidate non-omniscient beings, not sure...

It all makes sense when one finds oneself somewhere along the continuum. Upon return to one's usual frequency, some of what was found there gets lost in the translation...

Q liked to brag about how he was omnipotent and omniscient. I suspect that a truly omniscient being would not boast, or appear to be bragging in order to intimidate non-omniscient beings, not sure...

You two are the same guy, right?