Hello, Movies are Great

Tools    

I am Attila, here for the Khan-quest of reality. We live in a multiverse of possibility as all moviegoers know, yes.

Michael Pinker asked an interesting question:

Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?

If technology advances far enough to replicate the bio-infrastructure of a human brain, the newly replicated personality would probably feel as if they were the original and not a copy. I wonder if there exists a non-material aspect of consciousness, independent of the brain?

As Kurzweil says in so many words, neural patterns can be replicated. The pattern and its copy share common attributes. Identical twins are known to have very similar thoughts even simultaneously and that could be a significant clue. Transference of waking consciousness from one medium to another might pose a serious challenge for the singularity movement.

Emulation of a whole human brain, AKA mind uploading, does entail the transfer of the conscious awareness from one medium to another. It is hypothetical, yes. The process involves the copying a conscious mind from a wet brain to a non-biological hardware substrate. First, by scanning and mapping a biological brain in detail and then copying its state into a computer system or another computational structure. The computer needs to run the simulation brain as a precise duplication or extremely so faithful to the original bio-brain that it would behave in essentially the same way as the original, virtually indistinguishably from the original wetware. These simulated minds would live in virtual reality bodies in computer simulated universes.

Truth has definitional limits as defined by the given parameters of justification. So one must always step outside the system to discover all the truths within a given system that cannot define all of its own truths with only the rules of syntax for the given set of truths.

Anyone out there have some theories about the grey aliens?

Some of the gnostic writings refer to entities known as the Archons, the rulers and controllers of this world. The Book of Enoch also names 20 archons of the 200 watcher angels who sinned with the daughters of men. Apostle Paul in Ephesians 6:12 mentions that our struggles are not against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. In the Nag Hammadi literature, the gnostics were deeply concerned with alien intrusion into human affairs. The entities they called Archons appear to be identical to the ET’s of modern Ufology. Both Grey aliens and Reptilians are described in the gnostic literature.

Jacques Vallée has suggested a multidimensional alien hypothesis. The hypothesis represents an extension of the ETH where the alleged extraterrestrials could be potentially from anywhere. The entities could be multidimensional beyond space-time, and thus could coexist with humans, yet remain undetected.

For the architects of control, the rulers of the lower astral realms and the physical universes, the collection of a type of spiritual soul energy allows these Archon beings to experience separation from Source and be demi-gods in the lower astral realms, much like a "Q continuum" from Star Trek.

Enclosed in the soul is the spirit, or “pneuma” (the divine spark of life), our true spirit from beyond which has fallen into the world; and the Archons created human beings and other life for the express purpose of keeping it captive there... In its unredeemed state, the pneuma, thus immersed in soul and flesh is unconscious of itself, benumbed, asleep, or intoxicated by the poison of the world: in brief, it is “ignorant.” Its awakening and liberation is effected through gnosis...” The goal of gnostic striving is the release of the “inner divine spirit” from the bonds of the world and his return to the native realm of light.

The demiurge, is a boastful demigod and turns out to be one entity among many: a god among gods. some call them the fallen angels. As the story unfolds and we learn how the demiurge and the collective hosts seeded the Garden - the planet earth, and evolved life forms upon it to eventually produce human beings. He then appointed Collectors to gather the emotional/chakra soul energy from the earth’s life forms, among whom humans are by far the best producers - the batteries for the matrix. The demiurge is the dragon with seven heads and ten horns from the book of revelation, controlling the seven chakras and ten body systems.

The names are familiar... the Q continuum ...the archons ...the greys ...the reptilians

They are the architects of control. We are in the matrix... We are their energy source ...Their batteries.

In the Gnostic writings, each soul leaving the physical body at death, is challenged to pass through astral realms. If the soul is locked into a strong belief system it will be attracted to the ring corresponding to it: Christians go to Christian heavens or hells, Muslims go to Muslim heavens or hells, etc. Those who spent their earth lives locked into other beliefs wind up exactly where their heads are at the moment of death. This is exactly what the Bardo Thodol describes as the first reality perceived by the soul as it leaves the body at death:

We are in the prison universe lifetime after lifetime, reincarnating. Some learn the secret of physical immortality and ascension.

Uh, hi. Two questions:

1) Why is this kind of stuff in your Introduction post? It seems to have nothing to do with introducing oneself, especially on a forum about movies.

2) Why is this pieced together from text I can find on other forums? How much of this is being reproduced, and why?

I am Attila, here for the Khan-quest of reality. We live in a multiverse of possibility as all moviegoers know, yes.
This is one of my multiverse friends. I met him while traveling through the multiverse. Please welcome him. He saved my life.

Uh, hi. Two questions:

1) Why is this kind of stuff in your Introduction post? It seems to have nothing to do with introducing oneself, especially on a forum about movies.

2) Why is this pieced together from text I can find on other forums? How much of this is being reproduced, and why?
You will have to provide links to those other texts because I have many alternate usernames in the cyberspace of all possible forums.

From your initial interrogative manner, I can see that this is possibly not the forum for me.

From your initial interrogative manner, I can see that this is possibly not the forum for me.
Attila, remember "Jar Jar" from the other universe?

This is the same person, only here he's "Yoda."

You remember how you felt about Jar Jar....

Yoda should change his name and avatar to Jar Jar next April Fool's Day.

You're certainly welcome to stick around and find out, but I'm not sure what kind of response you expect to introducing yourself with pages of speculation about aliens and metaphysics. What do those have to do with introducing yourself, particularly on a forum about movies?

If my questions sound a little sharp, it's because I've seen this kind of thing before, and it usually happens when someone is here with some kind of ulterior motive. If they just wanted to talk about movies (which is the whole point here), they'd introduce themselves and start talking about movies. If they launch into a massive non-sequitur about politics or religion or aliens or whatever, it makes me think they're really just here to spread that monologue--particularly when the same text is posted across multiple sites.

Some people just don't know how to start a conversation, so they ramble on about aliens. They figure it's a universally accepted, approachable topic.

We all live under the sky, right? The sky's filled with UFOs and aliens. It's in the same league as talking about the weather.

... where the alleged extraterrestrials could be potentially from anywhere. The entities could be multidimensional beyond space-time...

George Lucas has joined MoFo!!

Y I'm not sure what kind of response you expect to introducing yourself with pages of speculation about aliens and metaphysics. What do those have to do with introducing yourself, particularly on a forum about movies?
There are many movies about aliens and aliens are a great movie topic. I figure that aliens are a much better conversation starter than a ramble about my favorite types of movie theater buttered popcorn. As fart as rambling about myself, well, there is not much to tell. I am a direct descendent of Attila the Hun. He brought the beast Rome to its knees, yes.

This reality is very analogous to a type of matrix, a prison for the soul. Movies provide a means of hope and storytelling, a way of communicating myth and legend.

Many of the truths we cling to depend on our point of view. Subjective differentiation can only exist with reference to THE invariant manifold of perception, inevitably relating the subjective differences of perception with respect to the ostensibly existential reality of objectification, which is actually the self referential template from which the chaos is born.

"The quickest way to the top of the mountain is also the steepest path." said by master at1with0. The universe is far more than the limited spatial dimensions we can experience with our bodies. There are domains on top of this one, and beneath, that incorporeal races dwell in that have no contact, or extensive contact, with this corporeal domain. People have been in contact with one group called The Consortium of incorporeal beings that never were spatial, temporal dwellers.

In the Star Trek universe, the Q Continuum is an extra-dimensional plane of existence inhabited by a race of omnipotent, immortal and omniscient hyper-intelligent godlike beings known as the Q. We are in truth, equals with the Q but they have strong motivations for maintaining the status quo of our uncertainty in this three dimensional matrix of the soul... If you cannot be certain that you are uncertain and you cannot be certain that you are certain then you are neither uncertain nor certain. You can only be semi-certain that you are semi-certain...

If it is possible for something to become nothing then it should be possible for nothing to become something.

Of course, it is not possible to conceive of how something can become nothing, consequently, it is also not possible to conceive of how nothing can become something.

Perception entails conception and that which is not perceived cannot exist and therefore is nothing - conceptually. Thus, the fundamental substrate of perceptual reality, gives rise to perception and is inclusive of all perceptions as it is not perceived as the whole of perception that it ultimately is by those individualistic identities, yet, perceives the individualistic instantiations within the whole as the optimizational infrastructure of the manifest inevitability of reality.

A mystery of mysteries. Will the quest ever be complete? Answers lead to new questions and questions lead to new horizons. Change leads to growth and growth leads to more change.