Yojimbo vs A Fistfull of Dollars

Tools    

It's gonna be a really quick thread.

I have been arguing with Derek Vinyard about the fact that Fistfull of Dollar is a remake of Yojimbo so that without Kurosawa their wouldn't be A Fistfull of Dollar will you guyz please tell him so that he can understand.

Pussy's right, pussy's always right.

But seriously, does Derek even watch these movies? First he invents that he watched Bela Tarr, and if he saw Yojimbo, it's pretty damn evident that A Fistfull of Dollars was a remake. Let alone, it says so on my Yojimbo case.

Pussy's right, pussy's always right.

But seriously, does Derek even watch these movies? First he invents that he watched Bela Tarr, and if he saw Yojimbo, it's pretty damn evident that A Fistfull of Dollars was a remake. Let alone, it says so on my Yojimbo case.
you guys first completely make me sick about Bela Tarr aka Werckmeister Harmonies .... I was in my first week on this forum I don't know all the rules here so please stop this **** .

What is his argument? Yes, it's quite simple A Fistul of Dollars is a remake of Yojimbo. I'm confused is he saying it isn't a remake?
Yep and even after I showed my points he wouldn't understand so I thought that maybe if others say the same thing than me he would get it

you guys first completely make me sick about Bela Tarr aka Werckmeister Harmonies .... I was in my first week on this forum I don't know all the rules here so please stop this **** .
Why don't you believe it's a remake? From wikipedia - The film has been identified as an unofficial remake of the Akira Kurosawa film Yojimbo (1961), which resulted in a successful lawsuit by Toho. Have you seen both of them, because they're practically the exact same? Except the setting and the weapons obviously.

A Fistful Of Dollars is a remake of Yojimbo. I don't like either. Also, just in nip this in the bud right now, The Magnificent Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai, the latter of which is brilliant. The former, not so much.

A Fistful Of Dollars is a remake of Yojimbo. I don't like either. Also, just in nip this in the bud right now, The Magnificent Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai, the latter of which is brilliant. The former, not so much.
Like I said a couple of minutes ago in another thread, honeykid has the worst taste in movies. I could probably do this all day on this forum...but I won't. Twice is enough.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Like I said a couple of minutes ago in another thread, honeykid has the worst taste in movies. I could probably do this all day on this forum...but I won't. Twice is enough.
I will wade in here. While I really enjoy Yojimbo and A Fistful of Dollars, Honeykid has Jaws in his top ten, at number one no less. For that alone I will defend him to my last keystroke!

I love Yojimbo, and Fist Full of Dollars was pretty good too. Jaws though... it was okay I guess, but kinda boring imo. Roy Scheider was way more interesting in Sorcerer.

I love Yojimbo, and Fist Full of Dollars was pretty good too. Jaws though... it was okay I guess, but kinda boring imo. Roy Scheider was way more interesting in Sorcerer.
Heresy! Burn the non-believer!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

I thought it's gonna be a thread on which film is more badass while its a weird one with people trying to prove something that's apparent, obvious and proved by endless sources.

Maybe we could still save the topic, though. Who do you think is more badass in his movie? Mifune or Eastwood?

vs.

vs.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Eastwood is more badass and A Fistful of Dollars is better.

I even thought Last Man Standing was alright.