Rate that Movie: Brazil

Tools    

BRAZIL
(Terry Gilliam, 1985)

MoFo Rating: 7.9
(22 votes)

I don't know what I would rate it number-wise because I saw it once a long time ago.

So I'll give it a like/10. Can you count that, nostromo?

I almost gave it a
because I found it incredibly boring overall, but decided to give the extra 0.5 because it had a few scenes that were visually quite stunning.

I agree with Miss Vicky about this movie not being all that, however, for some reason, I know I initially gave this movie a rating of
, I believe, when I reviewed it.
Because deep-down you know it's a fantastic film. You just want to hate it, because other people love it.

You're the complete opposite of a conformist.

Ten out of ten.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Finished here. It's been fun.
+

I Love Brazil. Its outrageously weird, surreal, and extremely atmospheric. I can definitely see why Gilliam's style may be a bit too much for some,but he nails it in this film. It's very funny and satirical, at times very bleak, but it's a pure joy to watch so long as you are in the mood for it. Definitely one of my favorite films.

At the risk of offending others:

Maybe Gilliam just isn't for me, but I pretty much hated it. Just not my kind of film.