Hannibal - The DVD

Tools    

Hannibal comes out on DVD this month. I think its got some of the best added content ever including:

Commentary from Ridley Scott

Five Featurettes on the making of Hannibal
- A look at the setup
- On the set during filming
- Special Effects
- Music, creating the score
- Premiere

Alternative Ending

13 Deleted scenes

Three multi angle featurettes including
- Anatomy of a shoot out
- Ridleygrams, storyboarding with Ridley Scott
- Title design

All trailers
700 Photos in gallery

The website i got this from is at http://www.hannibaldvd.co.uk/indexi.html - There is an amazing competition where you log in as an FBI agent and ....you'll have to check it out.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Sounds interesting, but what would be even MORE interesting would be a box set of all three Hannibal movies.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That would be good - no doubt that will happen in due course ecept the first one is a bit of a stinker. I think Anthony Hopkins is up for doing a third. Its probably after that, that the box set will be available.

Ridley Scott was asked to do a remake of Manhunter, but refused saying there wasn't anything wrong with it. Personally, I think Hopkins is getting too old to play a part where he's supposed to be somewhat young.

If hopkins isnt in Red dragon, then whos gonna watch it? hes the one who made lecter so famous!! So I say it doesnt matter if Hopkins is a little old, a little special effects will take care of that. AND I can hardly wait for the DVD, some reviewers said it is better than Gladiator DVD!!!!

Manhunter is still good without Hopkins. I mean you probably couldn't picture Hopkins playing Lector if you were to see Manhunter before Silence of the Lambs. If they have to use CG to make him look younger than I'm sorry but that's taking it a little extreme. I can see them redoing it with an actor who somewhat resembles Hopkins, but don't go extreme and take the man backwards making him a lot younger that what he is.

Just because Hopkins portrayed Lector in Silence, and Hannibal doesn't mean they have to redo one movie cause he wasn't Lector. Jodie Foster wasn't Starling in Hannibal..why don't we redo it and put her in there.

I thought Hopkins was already signed on for the Manhunter remake. I know Brett Ratner signed on to direct.

I saw a preview copy of the Hannibal DVD back in May. On the commentary Hopkins said he was going to do a Manhunter remake. I got the finalized Hannibal last week and the commentary was edited to remove that admission. Hmmmm. Hehe

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I'm sure Hopkins has signed up fot the third movie. I know that Ed Norton has on board for the FBI agent looking for the Tooth Fairy.

BTW - in that competition I can't find hannibal in the webcams, any ideas - http://www.hannibaldvd.co.uk/indexi.html

Has someone seen the Hannibal DVD yet? Id like a good long review please. ANYBODY! And where are the easter eggs?

Check out http://www.eeggs.com they might have some on there...for anything else check with Laurie. I haven't found any yet.

There is a cool teaser for a nicolas cage movie on there. Windtalkers...looks very good.

Haven't played with the second disc, but as soon as I get it back from my sister I'm gonna check it out.

Okey dokey. So far all the online reviews Ive seen have been great, I just want to see some from posters here.

There's a great easter egg on the second disc. ***EGG SPOILER BELOW***

Go to the 'Breaking the Silence' featurette screen. Use your 'Up' arrow until the 2 little arrows on the left side of the screen are highlighted. Click on the arrows and you'll get to see a clip montage of snipets that are taken after the director says cut, but the film is still rolling. The segment also features a music score that was produced solely for this egg. Sweet music and neat little homage to Julianne Moore.

I'm sure Hopkins has signed up fot the third movie.
Um, it's not the third movie... it's a remake of the first (Manhunter). Hannibal is the third movie in the series.

And IMHO, Manhunter shouldn't be remade just because Anthony Hopkins wasn't Hannibal (Brian Cox did a good enough job), but because Michael Mann did a poor job directing it. His version is basically an extended episode of Miami Vice.

Here here....

The movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't excellent. Most people don't even realize it was the first in the series. I tell some people that come in when they rent Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal...I'm like...you forgot one.

Originally posted by Arthur Dent
I'm sure Hopkins has signed up fot the third movie.
Um, it's not the third movie... it's a remake of the first (Manhunter). Hannibal is the third movie in the series.

And IMHO, Manhunter shouldn't be remade just because Anthony Hopkins wasn't Hannibal (Brian Cox did a good enough job), but because Michael Mann did a poor job directing it. His version is basically an extended episode of Miami Vice.
Things were different in the 80s. Anyway, I think he has signed on for a third movie IN ADDITION TO the remake of Manhunter. Besides, technically, it is a third movie: the third movie for Hopkins. So it's, technically, correct.