Rate that Movie: Harakiri

Tools    

Sunday bonus movie

HARAKIRI
(Masaki Kobayashi, 1962)

MoFo Rating: 8.2
(7 votes)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, I've decided not to participate in these threads involving ratings/rankings other than Movie Tab or "official" lists, but since this thread is lonely so far, I'll get the ball rolling.

7/10

Well, I've decided not to participate in these threads involving ratings/rankings other than Movie Tab or "official" lists, but since this thread is lonely so far, I'll get the ball rolling.

7/10
thanks mark !

join in arthouse and foreign film fans ! i know you guys are around. so far i've done all American Hollywood movies, aside from M (1931), to make sure we got a lot of votes

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Maybe my favourite Japanese film ever. A flawless masterpiece and display of Kobayashi's and Nakadai's genius.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Eight and a half out of ten.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra