Rate that Movie: the Matrix

Tools    

I hate it as hell .

It's been awhile since I saw it....

I prefer the sequels (of course).

Six out of ten.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Since people are skewing the rating with ridiculous ratings like 0/10, I'll have to compensate a little.

Not understanding the movie may warrant a lower rating, but to deny it's obvious quality is kind of a little bit ignorant I think.

Definitely a
for me. One of the very best sci-fi films ever made. Well, maybe until their new one comes out this year anyway. Looked pretty Matrixy I reckon.

Since people are skewing the rating with ridiculous ratings like 0/10, I'll have to compensate a little.

Not understanding the movie may warrant a lower rating, but to deny it's obvious quality is kind of a little bit ignorant I think.
the zero rating didn't count anyway

incredibly overrated movie. the acting couldn't be more bland if it tried, and it's just as mindless as any other cgi-heavy movie that's come out in the past 15 years, yet people have convinced themselves that it's somehow something more. it probably influenced a lot of those movies, but i don't give extra points for influencing other garbage movies.

5.4/10

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

I would give it 5 out of 5. My reasons are:

Getting a Neuromancer-type concept to work on the screen is a great accomplishment.

Compelling story, well told, great suspense.

Visual tone added so much to the film.

Gets you off nicely on the guns and violence (I'm American, )

Always enjoyable and rewatchable to me.

Joe Pantoliano eating steak.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
6/10 for me. The visuals and action scenes are well done but the characters, story, and performances are rather dull IMO.

A system of cells interlinked

Somewhat overrated, but a decent sci-fi, and I liked thinking about some of the half-baked philosophy...for a while, anyway.