Overrated films

Tools    

Nope. Didn't bother watching them. One was enough torture for me
Well I suffered them all and, believe me, the first one is the best and most interesting. The second one I remember absolutely nothing about except there's a big battle scene in it which goes on for ages and the third one ends about 25 times before it finishes.

You're not wrong. Though I didn't remember much about the second LOTR film a day or two after, let alone 10 years after. Is that the one with the trees? Because I thought that was the last one, but I suppose it could be the second film (too).

What does overrated mean? I still tend to think I'm mostly overrated, but I can't be sure.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I think this is overrated because most people like it better than the first even though the first was way better. At least Arnold actually seemed like a robot in the first one.
Take that back!

I love the second one.

Are there any films that you feel are overrated? If so, which?

I'll start with:

Avatar. Nice special effects but non-existent plot.

The very first time I seen it after about half an hour me and my friend looked at each other and called it as it is a blue alien version of Pocahontas haha.

A few more

1. Tinker Tailor Solider Spy - I don't mind a slow movie and the cast was packed with stars but by the end I think the only person who deserved an award was me for making it to the end.

2. Titanic - I don't know where to start have never found this to be anything but shaky love story at best.

3. Scott Pilgrim v The World - I know this may be more of a cult movie to some but after a lot of friends advised me to watch it I did. I turned it off about 30 mins in as I thought I was having an acid trip.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Godfather
Casablanca
Scarface
The Graduate
Chinatown
Sideways
Slumdog Millionaire
The English Patient
All about Eve
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Overrated movies are movies you did not like as much as the average.

I would include stuff like:

1 - Casablanca
2 - Chinatown
3 - Goddard's films
4 - many crime films
5 - The Searchers
6 - Rules of the Game
7 - Man with A Movie Camera
8 - Toy Story (all the 3)
9 - Nashville
10 - The Tree of Life
11 - Fargo

I never watched an science fiction film or anime film that's praised which I found overrated. Among animations in general the only ones I found overrated are the Toy Story movies and Wallace and Gromit shorts, all the other animations considered great also felt great to me.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Overrated movies are movies you did not like as much as the average.

I would include stuff like:

3 - Goddard's films
How do you rate Ici et Ailleurs?

Haven't watched it. Look's interesting though. I might watch it since it's short.

I would say that while I didn't like Goddard's films as much as the average I still think that I gained cultural background and enriched my life in watching these films even though they don't fit exactly into my tastes.

- The Harry Potter franchise

- The Dark Knight Rises

- Django Unchained

- The Boondock Saints

- The Sixth Sense

- Once Upon a Time in Mexico

- The Amazing Spider-man

- The Notebook

- Evil Dead (2013)

I totally agree with the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films being overrated. I fell asleep watching the first Ring movie. It was a painful experience
I couldn't get through the first Lord ot the Rings film without falling asleep either.

Well, you expect a to stay away during a film that everyone's raving about. Hell, even I stayed awake through all three of them, and God knows I'm not a fan.

3 that come to my mind instantly

1. The Conjuring
2. Avatar
3. Ted

I would have to think about it more though...

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed