Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Currently watching Inglourious Basterds! Never seen this film before and I must say i'm not paying much attention so i'm not 100% on whats going on, i'll have to watch it when i'm not this tired.

Hausu was not at all what I was expecting. I didn't read any summary's or anything because I didn't want any remote spoilers, but I wasn't expecting a comedy. I liked the camera techniques, and the characters, and to some extent the style. A lot of things they did were very clever and interesting. But overall I was a little bored and disappointed.

Let the night air cool you off
Hausu was not at all what I was expecting. I didn't read any summary's or anything because I didn't want any remote spoilers, but I wasn't expecting a comedy. I liked the camera techniques, and the characters, and to some extent the style. A lot of things they did were very clever and interesting. But overall I was a little bored and disappointed.

I was hoping you would like it, but at least you gave it a shot

I have been putting my roommate through a lot of experimental films lately so tonight he is deciding what features we are going to see, but before that i plan to se a few short movies of Toshio Matsumoto and Stan Brakhage.

The Weavers of Nishijin (1962) by Toshio Matsumoto

Ecstasis (1969) by Toshio Matsumoto

Desistfilm (1954) by Stan Brakhage

Wedlock House: An Intercourse (1959) by Stan Brakhage

Delicacies of Molten Horror Synapse (1991) by Stan Brakhage

Some Like it Hot (1959) by Billy Wilder

I actually havent seen that many Billy Wilder movies. Sunset Boulevard was decent enough. My expectations arent that high, but maybe i am in for a surprise.

Sorcerer (1977) by William Friedkin

Im not sure i understand the inclination to do all of these remakes. The original The Wages of Fear from 1953 was an excellent film i wouldnt touch. One thing im looking forward to is the soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.

To Live and Die in L.A. (1985) by William Friedkin

I think i have seen this before, but i cant really remember it. I actually like the genre films of William Friedkin, in example, The French Connection and The Exorcist. I hope im seeing something worthwhile.

I was hoping you would like it, but at least you gave it a shot
It's not that I didn't like it. I'd still give it 3/5. It's just that I had high expectations, and well that isn't really my style. There were still a lot of things about it that I liked. I liked the karate girl the best, and I liked the way they defied physics. I liked the plot and the camera techniques. I liked the way they cut scenes. I suppose it was mostly content that didn't appeal to me, but the acting a bit as well.

WARNING: "Hausu" spoilers below
I liked that all of them died in the end. I loved the karate girl's death and how her legs still jump kicked the cat picture. There were a lot of delightful things about the film. I think for what it was, it was a great movie. But perhaps it could actually have been either funnier or darker and I would have liked it more.

WARNING: "Hausu" spoilers below
Actually the funniest scene was when the professor told the watermelon guy he didn't like watermelons but preferred bananas. And the watermelon guy died from it, and then he died from bananas. Hehehe, still thinking about it makes me chuckle. But my favorite scene was the Karate girl's death scene.

The Innocents looks cool. I'll have to check that out too. I'm at the intermission of Barry Lyndon. I didn't realise it was so long. I'm loving it so far though. It kind of reminds me of The Duelists by Ridley Scott.

Unregistered User
The Innocents looks cool. I'll have to check that out too. I'm at the intermission of Barry Lyndon. I didn't realise it was so long. I'm loving it so far though. It kind of reminds me of The Duelists by Ridley Scott.
Yeah, i'm really looking forward to it actually. Good call with Barry Lyndon by the way, it is pretty long but its definately worth it. I'm hoping it will fair well in the 70's list. Let us know what you think.

Will have to check out The Duellists. Sounds interesting and has some good actors.