Underrated Sequels

Tools    

On the outside looking in.

Most people would say Austin Powers first film was the best and by and large, Goldmember was the worst (and rightly so, it's garbage).
There's a sweetness to the original POWERS film that was totally absent from the bigger, louder, and raunchier sequels.

Out of four:

AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY ****
AUSTIN POWERS in THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME ***
AUSTIN POWERS in GOLDMEMBER **

The law of diminishing returns doesn't bode well for the upcoming fourth installment...

I thought Lion King 2 why not as good as the Lion King was still a solid film

I remember thinking it wasn't that bad, either. Then again, I've never been the biggest Lion King fan (good movie but not Disney's best to me).

I think The Dark Knight Rises is often overshadowed by The Dark Knight. Though I could have done without most of the football stadium scene, still a very enjoyable movie.

Also agree with Blade II

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I liked Lion King 2. It bothers me that it didn't get a theatrical release.

I liked Lion King 2. It bothers me that it didn't get a theatrical release.

It's surprising to me that it didn't, especially since the original did very well at the box office.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Henry II: Portrait of a Serial Killer. A bit too stylistically similar than its predecessor, but maintains the cold atmosphere and underlying creepiness of the first.

What are some movie sequels you think get an undeserved bad rap or don't get the credit they deserve? A few sequels I really enjoy I feel deserve better:

Ghostbusters II
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Predator 2
Die Hard 2
Jaws 2
Batman Returns

All very good films IMO, and all deserve better.

I didn't care for any of the films you mentioned here...I can sit through Temple of Doom if I have to, but I think it's the weakest film in the franchise.

Another I forgot before was The Lost World: Jurassic Park. I used to not be a huge fan of it but it's grown on me over the years. Not without it's issues, but it's still quite entertaining and fun Summertime movie fare. The first half is somewhat dull, but the second half for the most part is a lot of fun with the rampant dinosaur action.

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
- I think it is a lot funnier and more interesting than Excellent Adventure

Return of the Jedi
- Many people will bite my head off for saying this is underrated, but I don't think it's as bad as people say it is. My least favorite of Episodes IV-VI, but still I like it.

Pirates of The Caribbean 2 : Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are two very underrated sequels

also Evil Dead 2 is underrated

Iron Man 2 is another I find is quite underrated. While I agree it isn't as good as the first or The Avengers, it's still a pretty entertaining film that has important elements that tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole. I find Iron Man 2 and 3 are pretty equal, while the former is seemingly more disliked.

2010 is a rather underrated and ignored sci-fi film.

The Descent 2 was pretty decent.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is easily as good as the original, just different because of its abundant dark humor.

Ripley's Game is an excellent thriller.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Make a better place
to me that was the best Rambo movie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in a way I think is underrated. Not without serious issues but it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be and wasn't without entertaining parts.