Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

My first Aronofsky film. I haven't heard that much about it, but I know it's one of Cricket's favourites. It looks like something I would enjoy, a character study with a devoted physical performance.

I watched Zero Charisma. was a fun dark comedy, the film certainly had it's flaws but overall was enjoyable

Mouchette (1967) by Robert Bresson

I urgently need to watch some more Bresson movies. The three i have already seen are magnificent and top tier movies. My hopes are high for this sixties Bresson!

Last Year at Marienbad (1961) by Alain Resnais

I have no idea why i havent seen this before. Its a bit of an embarrassment. I love Night and Fog and Hiroshima, Mon Amour. This should be right down my alley!

To the Wonder (2012)

Directed by Terrence Malick who also directed A Thin Red Line, and starring Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, and Rachel McAdams.

I'm just about to watch Eraserhead, it's been about 15 to 20 years since I saw this film for the only time and i was only a teenager then.

My knowledge and tolerance of film is far more advanced now and since i last saw this film I've discovered and become a big fan of Lynch's work, so I'm quite looking forward to this.

I bought it today along with "The Piano" which I've yet to see and I may just watch both of these tonight.

Im planning to see a lot of the experimental / avantgarde and dadaist films that Mr. Minio recommended to me:

Entr'acte (1924) by René Clair

This is actually the first time im seeing this. As far as i remember, besides being recommended by Mr. Minio, it is also one of Mark Fs favorite movies of the 1920's. It looks very intriguing.

L' Etoile de mer (1928) by Man Ray

My first Man Ray film. Im not sure what im going into but it looks interesting

Emak-Bakia (1926) by Man Ray

Another Man Ray film recommended by Mr. Minio. It looks interesting.

The Seashell and the Clergyman (1928) Germaine Dulac

When i told my roommate i was planning to watch some avantgarde / dadaist films, he immediately suggested i should se this one. Apparently its considered as one of the first Surrealist films.

Krakatau (1986) by Mariusz Grzegorzek

This 80's short recommended by Mr. Minio looks really cool. The synopsis from Mubi makes it sound like my kind of thing: "An extraordinary portrait of madness and inner turmoil, conveyed through mesmeric images of dreamlike intensity"

The Dante Quartet (1987) by Stan Brakhage

I loved Dog Star Man so im very interested in seeing Mr. Minios favorite Brakhage movie. Also i have gotten a hold of an anthology of Brakhage movies, so im probably be going to pester this forum with him

Window Water Baby Moving (1962) by Stan Brakhage

Stan Brakhage films the birth of his first child, should be interesting!

Mothlight (1963) by Stan Brakhage

My roommates favorite Brakhage. Supposedly its moths on filmstock!

Free to Go (Interlude) (2004) by Andrew Noren

Norens description of this movie looks really cool: "Intuitive conjuring and orchestration of retinal phantoms, refined by abstraction into music for light and mind… in three 'movements'".

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) by Wes Anderson

After all those experimental films i plan on going to the cinema and have a laugh. I love Wes Anderson and my anticipation have been stoked by the last article in Tativille, which says its one of his best movies.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Im planning to see a lot of the experimental / avantgarde and dadaist films that Mr. Minio recommended to me:
Glorious!

Mothlight (1963) by Stan Brakhage

My roommates favorite Brakhage. Supposedly its moths on filmstock!
My least favourite Brakhage.

Where did you find that movie maniac roommate of yours, Tokeza?

"Intuitive conjuring and orchestration of retinal phantoms, refined by abstraction into music for light and mind… in three 'movements'".
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

My least favourite Brakhage.

Where did you find that movie maniac roommate of yours, Tokeza?
We actually met around thirteen years ago in a local squat here in Copenhagen

We are both very interested in the local DIY scene and i have released one record with his old band Chainsaw Eaters (Dark synth post-punk, could have been taken out of a zombie movie).

His newest band is actually called Moth (synthpunk/coldwave). You can check it out here: http://mothband.bandcamp.com/

He has a kind of crazy style when it comes to movies. He mostly prefers sleazy movies but also Giallo and other horror stuff. His top 5 would be something like Eraserhead, Blade Runner, Alien, Begotten and Possesion. Also he has a big affection for Hausu!

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Big affection for Hausu, you say? Damn fine roommate that is.
All I know my roommate has a big affection for is Frozen...I should move to Copenhagen.