Jesus

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Bruce Campbell did a damn fine job in the Evil Dead trilogy

Damn right!!!

"Nobody fu*ks with the Jesus."

John Turturro in The Big Lebowski.

Oh, did you mean Jesus CHRIST? That guy is a superstar. Then Willem Dafoe in The Last Temptation of Christ (Scorsese), of course.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
...Oh, did you mean Jesus CHRIST? That guy is a superstar....
eeeeeeeeeeeeeegads!!! I love bad puns and that still made me groan!

Dang, Holden beat me to the Big Lebowski reference!

I'd have to agree and say Willem Dafoe... I never really understood the controversey surrounding the movie seeing as how Jesus was a man as well as the son of God... but that's a discussion for a whole new thread

My Top 100 favorite movies.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Christopher Reeve in Superman 1 and 2. Can't beat a Jesus that shoots lasers from his eyes. :P Seriously though, I'd say Jim Caviezel in Passion of the Christ. I didn't care for the movie itself since it was way too violent for my tastes but Caviezel did a great job.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I personally think Jim Caviezel is not a good actor. I thought Max Von Sydow portrayed the Lord much better. He has always been a great actor. But I agree that there was too much violence in the Passion.

Language!!!

"Eight year olds, dude..."

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Evil Dead is not a religious movie and there is no actor who plays the Lord in that film. However, The Greatest Story Ever Told features the best portrayal of Jesus Christ and there is not a finer actor to play Him than Max Von Sydow.

I thought The Greatest Story Ever Told moved way to slow. It was boring. This is not a boring story. My favorite depiction of the life of Christ was a miniseries I saw as a kid. So this was in the seventies. I found it! It was Jesus of Nazareth. Robert Powell plays Jesus and does and excellent job. Franco Zefferelli is the producer. It has lots of stars in it. It is a suitable epic for Easter enjoyment.

It’s a miracle! This thread has been resurrected! Praise be.