Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Quite a few already mentioned, Unbreakable, Excalibur, Dark City, 3 of my all time favourites.
Going to add Eden Lake - Michael Fassbender one, film is quite unsettling.
Watchmen for me was under-rated, slated by the critics , i loved every minute, especially the music which was amazing.

totally agree !

The Emperor's New Groove

One of the most underrated Disney movies ever!

-Adam

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

Friday Night Lights-sorry I thought it was a really touching film Imo even though it didn't have any big name actors in it.

I have done a search on each page so I am hoping this isn't a repeat but I would like to put forward "Boiler Room"

Boiler Room - 2000

I would go out on a limb and say it is a little better then the more recent "Wolf of Wall Street", you can't really compare them (hence my going out on a limb) because aside from being set in a stock trading "anything to make a buck" attitude they are two different stories but I really think this is not only one of Afflek's best roles despite being very small but also one of Vin Diesel best performances for my money.

My rating: 9/10

...and I aint ashamed to say it. For all the bad talk this flick got before it was even released, it was an entertaining ride.

Another vote for Rounders, it wasn't perfect and I have genuinely NO IDEA what was going on with John Malkovich's accent's however the scenes such as the only below between John and Matt Damon are just wonderful.

Snowpiercer. Just saw it. Great movie, never heard about it and wikipedia explains why it's not more widely marketed.

he North American rights were acquired by The Weinstein Company in 2012, based on the script and some completed footage, with a plan for wide release in the United States and Canada. However it was only released in the US on Jun 27, 2014 in just eight locations,[21] taking in $171,187 on its opening weekends, averaging $21,398 per theater.[3]

This delay was caused by Harvey Weinstein owner of The Weinstein Company, requesting 20 minutes of footage be cut and opening and closing monologues be added. Bong refused to cut it and while he succeed in getting the film released in an uncut form,[22] Weinstein retaliated by relegating the film to Radius-TWC, which meant the film only received a limited release in art house cinemas.[23]

On July 2, it was announced that thanks to the positive reviews and buzz the film would get a wider US release and play in over 150 theaters.[24]

I will add Spring Breakers to this thread. Saw the abysmal rating on iMDB and I believe it's unjustified. Enjoyable film.

I found Revolver to be really interesting and well made, but it doesn't seem like many others liked it.

I thought Faster was pretty good. The story moved fast and the camera work was really good. I found the redemption aspects towards the end to be really powerful.
Fire walk with me.

Children Of Men - Why the hell isn't anybody talking about this movie? It's probably one of the best shot movies I've ever seen. I think it's Alfonso Cuaron's best movie (yes, better than Gravity).

EDIT: And I'd like to add God Bless America. That movie is so much fun.

Children Of Men - Why the hell isn't anybody talking about this movie? It's probably one of the best shot movies I've ever seen. I think it's Alfonso Cuaron's best movie (yes, better than Gravity).
good movie but it's not underrated, I wouldn't say. Everyone knows it's a good movie and it's well respected, so it's not very underrated.

good movie but it's not underrated, I wouldn't say. Everyone knows it's a good movie and it's well respected, so it's not very underrated.
I was more refering to the fact that not many know about it, or talk about it. I do know that people know it's a good movie, and whoever I've shown it to loves it, but I've never seen anybody put it on any lists or have given it any acknowledgements. It's much better than people give it credit for IMO.

Children of Men isn't underrated at all. I'm sure it's fans would tell you that. I don't like it tbh, never seen it's appeal but i really liked T Tu Mama Tambien and Gravity from Cuaron. If you've just recently started reading this site i; it's been 8 years since Children of Men was released and there is still talk of it from time to time. I've actually seen it on a few top 10 lists come to think of it.

Edge of tomorrow. Cruz's antics and craziness in RL is coloring people's perceptions of him as an actor imo. He and Emily or both great in this movie; the plot also is surprisingly original (or at least an original mix). Not what you'd expect from a sci-fi blockbuster.