Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

In Time

In Time is a 2011 American dystopian science fiction film written, directed, as well as produced by Andrew Niccol, starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. For those that aren't aware, this movie has without a doubt potentially the best concept that I have ever seen inside of a film. I remember whenever I first saw the trailers for this movie and I was instantly swept away by the sheer audacity of the ideas alone. There is nothing to say except that it's a thought that leaves so many possibilities on the table that it would be impossible to do them all in one movie. Unfortunately, with such concepts, there is always the misfortune of somebody else having done it before. I don't believe there is such thing as an original idea, everything has been done before, most of it comes down to the interpretation. The Hunger Games isn't a rip-off of Battle Royale, Game of Thrones isn't a rip-off of Lord of the Rings, Batman isn't a ripoff of Zorro, all of which may take inspiration, but they all have elements which make them unique, and nobody should be able to hold a vice-grip on an idea that has probably already been had by millions. There are billions of people in this world and if you think you are really that intricate of a snowflake than I have some bad news for you. This is why, the lawsuit that was filed against In Time was ultimately dropped after the person watched the movie.

*clunk*

This would be the mesmeric sound of yours truly getting off of his soapbox. Back on task, this movie had my interest from the beginning from the concept. Justin Timberlake has come along way over the years, he is more than merely a former member of an old boy-band, he is actually a formidable actor. I have appreciated his work in The Social Network, and he has had solid performances in decent or mediocre movies like Friends with Benefits, Runner, Runner, and Southland Tales, as well. Decide for yourself which is decent and which is mediocre out of those three. I haven't seen a lot of Amanda Seyfried's work though, in-fact, this is the first movie of hers that I have seen, and I thought she did a decent supporting character. Aside from those two, Cillian Murphy, known for Inception and his role as Scarecrow in the Dark Knight Trilogy, also played a prominent role.

I found for this movie to be particularly entertaining with the novelty that it carried, I appreciate a lot of what they flushed out from the storyline, obviously thinking about several elements and dimensions to their realm aside from what is standard. The performances were considerable as well, nobody was really earth-shattering in-terms of emotions, the three names that I mentioned all had their moments, but none of them achieved the depth that I believe they were capable of. As the protagonist, it was easy to say that Justin Timberlake got the closest, however. I think the biggest issue that individuals have with movies relying heavily upon the concept is the idea that everything else will take a backseat to it. I enjoy interesting premises like this, and Inception, where they take risks or carry ideology that hasn't been saturated into film already.

While I believe they had enough ideas strewn together to keep everything functioning, I do believe that there was an absence of chemistry between all of the characters in-terms of dialogue or emotion. They said things, and they emphasized them, but I never really appreciated any of it. The narrative itself is fueled by the intricacies and unorthodox styling, for the most part, it carries familiar elements and simple storytelling which happens to work against the enigma of it all. I don't believe that the movie capitalizes on a lot of the talent held by the cast, and as I have already expressed, the concept itself has a large plethora of potential. Even still, the film is easy to find yourself wooed into and taken for an entertaining ride that grows weary, ahem, in time.
I though that the acting was just horrible, though the actors were cute. The film as a whole has a very interesting concept though the ideology presented does not make any sense at all (it has a society where nobody ages needs for people to die, in fact, such society would be ideal in an economic sense since nobody would ever need to retire so the proportion of the labor force to the population would tend to 1 over the long run).

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I though that the acting was just horrible, though the actors were cute. The film as a whole has a very interesting concept though the ideology presented does not make any sense at all (it has a society where nobody ages needs for people to die, in fact, such society would be ideal in an economic sense since nobody would ever need to retire so the proportion of the labor force to the population would tend to 1 over the long run).
I wouldn't call the acting horrible, lacking the depth necessary the match the concept, but I wouldn't say atrocious. The concept has a couple of kinks, but I don't think it was necessarily nonsensical either. A society where nobody ages, but in-order to prevent overpopulation, some need to die, while the rich profit and live forever.

The Heat (2013)

Sandra Bullock is fine as a by-the-book straight-laced FBI agent in NY, who is sent to Boston on a case and is paired with crass, foul-mouthed cop, Melissa McCarthy. As good as Bullock is, McCarthy totally steals the show. We've all seen the mismatched buddy cop movies and can figure how they're going to turn out. But, by this point in the movies, it's how well the performers can do what we've seen before. And the pair do it well. I was hesitant to watch this one but it's well worth the watch.

An excellent film! Historical fiction, but excellent nonetheless! Sean Connery is an actor who no matter what his role seems to stick with his accent. Whether a Russian submarine captain, an American obsessed with the Holy Grail, an Egyptian immortal pretending to be a Spaniard in the Scottish Highlands, or in this case a Berber Sharif; it is always the same accent. And as always he is absolutely fantastic!

but the wind was stronger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) 7/10
this is a very different movie from all the others in the Marvel series .i believe that because Capt. America is not has popular like iron man (in the movies) , marvel was able to take a risk in this and almost take the same direction that Nolan did in Batman movies , a more "grounded" approach to the story of super heroes fighting in a realistic human world , battling real threats that our society as to face today (security versus freedom).

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I finally saw The Lego Movie today.

It was okay, killed some time but I don't feel it's the masterpiece the internet people are raving about.

The Wolf of Wall Street, 2nd watch,

Still extremely entertaining with so many great scenes, although I didn't feel the same exhilaration as after the first time I watched it. My wife gave it 3/5; I think she felt similar to how SC felt. I could tell she enjoyed it a whole lot, but she thought it was too long, and her complete hatred towards the main character affected her overall view of the film.

'' The Internship by Shawn Levy ''

Very cool movie . If you want my opinion not a great film but very entertaining . Many of you probably doesn't like this kind of movie but for me it's very cool to just relax and watching it with nothing to really understand just to appreciate a lazy comedy .

7/10

"I am not gonna die sober!"
I know this is an old thread but last night I watched the new Hercules movie (not the one with Dwayne Johnson) and I'd rate it a 7/10

The Woman In Black

Devoid of any atmosphere... for a horror it plays out more like a dimly lit drama... Daniel Radcliffe cannot act and this film has proven it.
Tries its best to scare you with the occasional jump... like a water tap suddenly spurting water or a crow suddenly fluttering in front of the camera... but Radcliffe's characterless acting just removes all tension from the scenes.

Avoid. It's two hours you'll never get back.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Banlieue 13

It was an action movie, what do you expect? The action scenes were pretty cool and the movie was at least enjoyable to watch.