Television Tab

Tools    

Finished all of the current episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "HIMYM". Started watching Friends properly for the first time, I hope to watch all of them.

I'm watching The Walking Dead.

I am probably going to start the tv countdown thread within the next few days. It won't interfere with the 70s countdown, because the deadline for list entries will be two months after the one for the 70s countdown.

Would everybody be more interested in a list of the best tv shows of all-time? Or would the preference be to narrow the scope to either a certain genre or decade?
All time. There's no way i could do a any more than a 90's and 2000's decade list.

I watched the pilot of Suits and was thoroughly let down. Everyone down to the smallest supporting character is a prick. And not a charming ******* personality, no just a snobby nuisance. They don't represent anything special about the cruelties of the corporate world so I don't see why make everyone so nasty. It has some Lie to Me style intrigue, but I couldn't care less what happened in the case during this episode, since I could give a **** less about the characters.

Will not be returning

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I watched the pilot of Suits and was thoroughly let down. Everyone down to the smallest supporting character is a prick. And not a charming ******* personality, no just a snobby nuisance. They don't represent anything special about the cruelties of the corporate world so I don't see why make everyone so nasty. It has some Lie to Me style intrigue, but I couldn't care less what happened in the case during this episode, since I could give a **** less about the characters.

Will not be returning
You damn well better!!! I supply gear for that show. If no one watches, I'm out of a job!!!

Suspect's Reviews

I'd suggest giving Suits another try. A few episodes at least. It's one of my favourite current programmes, atm, though I think it improves with each season, so what I currently regard as Suits is a much better programme than the one you'll be watching.

League of Gentlemen: Season 2

Notably weaker than season 1, just got finished with the Christmas special, which had a fun style but just wasn't all that funny. The show still gave me some laughs with the dark dirty humor, and I still love watching it, but I feel like my joy from it is fading. Probably going to take a break, before season 3.

-

Let the night air cool you off
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Pretty funny show with an interesting premise. The fake show with interviews about it are an interesting premise, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Garth Marenghi and Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D. are both fantastic characters. The DVD extras include interviews with the cast in character and I enjoyed those as much as the actual episodes.

Fawlty Towers- Season 1

Thank you, Daniel for mentioning this in the TV countdown thread. Just got done watching the last 3 episodes this morning, this show is absolutely hilarious. Shame that I'm already half way through. The misfortunes of Mr. Fawlty are amazingly funny, and the rest of the cast makes this show great. My favorite episode, probably The Germans, all are equally funny though.

+

Awesome that you liked it Donnie. "The Germans" is a classic episode and I don't know how anyone can't love it, like you mention kind of the only bad thing is there are so few episodes.

Awesome that you liked it Donnie. "The Germans" is a classic episode and I don't know how anyone can't love it, like you mention kind of the only bad thing is there are so few episodes.
That sketch has become so ubiquitous to British culture that I don't really find it laugh-out-loud funny any more. It's undeniably a classic, though. Fawlty Towers is one of only a handful of British comedies I can stand.

That sketch has become so ubiquitous to British culture that I don't really find it laugh-out-loud funny any more. It's undeniably a classic, though. Fawlty Towers is one of only a handful of British comedies I can stand.
Get out, pessimist.

Maybe "handful" is overstating it, there's quite a few I really like now I think about it. Monty Python, Black Books, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder and Green Wing are all varying degrees of good. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

It's just that a lot of the supposed "classics" of British comedy either don't do it for me or outright get on my nerves - Carry On, Only Fools and Horses etc. Maybe I've just been too close to the sort of people they depict my whole life, but I find them depressing. And that might be why I prefer those with a more surreal edge, like the ones I mentioned.