Quote of the Day

Tools    

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

"Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived... he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made."
John F. Kennedy

"Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up. Only one thing matters, one thing; to be able to dare!"
Fyodor Dostoevsky

Somewhere there must one
Made for this soul, to move it.

~William Johnson Cory

“What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.”

--Friedrich Nietzsche

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
“This is a debate about our understanding of human dignity, what it means to be a member of the human family, even though tiny, powerless and unwanted” – Henry Hyde

Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ. ~
Billy Graham

“Leave an extrovert alone for two minutes and he will reach for his cell phone. In contrast, after an hour or two of being socially “on,” we introverts need to turn off and recharge. My own formula is roughly two hours alone for every hour of socializing. This isn’t antisocial. It isn’t a sign of depression. It does not call for medication. For introverts, to be alone with our thoughts is as restorative as sleeping, as nourishing as eating. Our motto: “I’m okay, you’re okay—in small doses.”
― Jonathan Rauch

“Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out.”
― Criss Jami

“Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell.” Criss Jami

Michael: "I don't believe in hell. I believe in unemployment, but not hell."
Tootsie.

Don't discuss yourself, for you are bound to lose; if you belittle yourself, you are believed; if you praise yourself, you are disbelieved.
Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
Victor Borge (1909 - 2000)

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

“To the future or to the past, to a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone— to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: From the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink — greetings! ”

-George Orwell, 1984.

"It is true that the policies of the President of the United States of America have become progressively more hostile toward Christian civilization. He appears to be a totally secularized man who aggressively promotes anti-life and anti-family policies. Now he wants to restrict the exercise of the freedom of religion to freedom of worship, that is, he holds that one is free to act according to his conscience within the confines of his place of worship but that, once the person leaves the place of worship, the government can constrain him to act against his rightly-formed conscience, even in the most serious of moral questions. Such policies would have been unimaginable in the United States even 40 years ago. It is true that many faithful Catholics, with strong and clear leadership from their Bishops and priests, are reacting against the ever-growing religious persecution in the U.S. Sadly, one has the impression that a large part of the population is not fully aware of what is taking place. In a democracy, such a lack of awareness is deadly. It leads to the loss of the freedom which a democratic government exists to protect. It is my hope that more and more of my fellow citizens, as they realize what is happening, will insist on electing leaders who respect the truth of the moral law as it is respected in the founding principles of our nation." ~ Cardinal Raymond Burke