Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

ok i expect myself to be a little bit hated but ...

'' Open Water by Chris Kentis ''

I love this movie , the scuba diver worst nightmare , first to be abandon by the boat in the middle of no-where in the ocean and second to be stranded in sharks infested waters . The movie is a little bit slow but I find the acting very entertaining so its a plus !

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The Conversation

It's a solid movie, and I love Gene Hackman, but this was nothing special to me.
On my first viewing, I more or less shared your views. I rewatched it about a month back, however, and it instantly earned a spot on my completely hypothetical all-time favourites list. I think it is compelling, adept filmmaking of the highest order, and arguably Coppola at his most artistically impressive.

Prisoners - 9/10

Very gripping and dark - definitely not a movie for the timid but kept me on my seat till the end - I liked Hugh Jackman's and especially Jake Gyllenhaal's characters a lot. My only real con was the torture scenes where Keller (Jackman) tortured Alex Jones (who *spoiler* turned out to be innocent in the end) - this made him dis-likable even though putting yourself in his shoes you could still see yourself doing what he did out of desperation. Overall I highly recommend
totally agree with your rating and your descriptions ! very great movie !

D.O.A (1988) 7/10
a man enters a police station to report a murder , the policeman asks who was murdered , man answers : I was . good mystery thriller .
Just in case you didn't know, this is a remake of an earlier noir.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042369/

It's rated much higher on IMDB, but I don't remember thinking there was much in it myself.

ok i expect myself to be a little bit hated but ...

'' Open Water by Chris Kentis ''

I love this movie , the scuba diver worst nightmare , first to be abandon by the boat in the middle of no-where in the ocean and second to be stranded in sharks infested waters . The movie is a little bit slow but I find the acting very entertaining so its a plus !
Why would you be hated? Open Water's a decent, dare I say it, better than decent, film. It's not like you've given that rating to Open Water 2: Adrift. Now, that would be a crime and a possible banning offence if I had my way... Which is why I'll never be a mod.

Prisoners - 9/10

Very gripping and dark - definitely not a movie for the timid but kept me on my seat till the end - I liked Hugh Jackman's and especially Jake Gyllenhaal's characters a lot. My only real con was the torture scenes where Keller (Jackman) tortured Alex Jones (who *spoiler* turned out to be innocent in the end) - this made him dis-likable even though putting yourself in his shoes you could still see yourself doing what he did out of desperation. Overall I highly recommend
i wish you knew how to actually spoiler tag something

Drive 2011 - 9/10

Great movie with a dark subliminal atmosphere - the action scenes and overall tension in the flick are very gripping without needing big budget special effects (in fact I think the lack of expensive effects makes it better).. The movie also did a great job presenting a powerful romance between the lead characters despite the lack of sex scenes.

Gosling's character was probably inspired a little by Max Max (with his soft-spoken but no-******** personality). I also loved the soundtrack (the songs "Real Hero" and "Nightcall" especially) - except for the 'opera'-style song (in the scene where Gosling is chasing Nino in the car), this song just didn't fit the overall soundtrack to me.

Probably a new favorite film for me, it's basically all substance with minimal flash.

Drive 2011 - 9/10
it's basically all substance with minimal flash.
Personally, I thought it was the other way around. A facade of cool with nothing behind it. But then, I didn't find it tense or gripping, either. Thinking back on it, it's possible that the romance, such as it was, was the best part of the film for me, and that's just a simple damsel in distress/white knight angle with a one sided Romeo + Juliet ending.

Watched "Delivery Man" last night. It was a strange one for two reason. 1) it is classed as a comedy, but I did not really find it that funny at all and 2) I did still enjoy it and the story line. It was a slightly less 'typical' role for Vince Vaughan to play but he was okay. Would have been interesting for them to give Cobie Smulders a larger role, one that she could have shown her comedy side a bit more.

6/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

Personally, I thought it was the other way around. A facade of cool with nothing behind it. But then, I didn't find it tense or gripping, either. Thinking back on it, it's possible that the romance, such as it was, was the best part of the film for me, and that's just a simple damsel in distress/white knight angle with a one sided Romeo + Juliet ending.
Agree to disagree on that. The film had a "low-budget" feel but this put the emphasis more on the characters and heightened the realism, as opposed to relying on 'big explosions' or a lot of sex and nudity (not that there's anything wrong with that - but it meant they had to work harder to create a meaningful romantic tension than just toss in a sex scene here and there, and to me it was a touching romance). In fact the ending made me cry (which I'd never admit in person, but...)

The only really over-the-top parts were a few of the violent scenes -such as the elevator scene where Driver stomps the hitman to death looked over-the-top gorey and cheesy (I've never heard of someone severing a human head just by stomping it).

Latest movie I watched is Incidious 2 which is a horror moive. I will rate 3/5.

Watched "Delivery Man" last night. It was a strange one for two reason. 1) it is classed as a comedy, but I did not really find it that funny at all
Sounds standard for a comedy to me. Throw in Vince Vaughn and I can't see any other outcome.

Agree to disagree on that. The film had a "low-budget" feel but this put the emphasis more on the characters and heightened the realism, as opposed to relying on 'big explosions' or a lot of sex and nudity (not that there's anything wrong with that - but it meant they had to work harder to create a meaningful romantic tension than just toss in a sex scene here and there, and to me it was a touching romance). In fact the ending made me cry (which I'd never admit in person, but...)
That's interesting, because I didn't think it felt low budget at all. Not that it came across as a blockbuster or anything, I just didn't think budget at all. I rarely watch summer blockbusters, though, so maybe that's why it didn't occur to me?

The only really over-the-top parts were a few of the violent scenes -such as the elevator scene where Driver stomps the hitman to death looked over-the-top gorey and cheesy (I've never heard of someone severing a human head just by stomping it).
I thought that bit was stupid too, but it did feel right for the film, IMO, which all feeds into why I didn't care much for it. It was just trying too hard and wanted so desperately to be cool, detached and tough. Maybe Drive is the grown up version of Fight Club? Though I liked Fight Club, so maybe not.

Meanwhile, as the ending of Death Proof it works brilliantly.

Watched Escape Plan last night. Thought it was great to see Sly and Arnie working together like that a definite 4/5. I recommend it!

mask II 4/10

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Just in case you didn't know, this is a remake of an earlier noir.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042369/

It's rated much higher on IMDB, but I don't remember thinking there was much in it myself.

Why would you be hated? Open Water's a decent, dare I say it, better than decent, film. It's not like you've given that rating to Open Water 2: Adrift. Now, that would be a crime and a possible banning offence if I had my way... Which is why I'll never be a mod.
I'd go as far as to call Open Water really good. It was both tense and tragic and was very good at making the viewer feel every emotion that the characters were feeling.

Harry Brown

I like movies like this, but I felt something was missing here. It's still a good movie, thanks in large part to Michael Caine.

''Phone Booth by Joel Schumacher''

I find the movie very entertaining for two reasons , First , Colin Farrell is completely unbelievable in this movie the intensity of his character is amazing and he is very charismatic . Second , the story is well played we feel the energy on the air during the 81 min of the movie and it's a very good effective thriller surely in my top 50 ever .