The Official Criterion Collection Reviews Tab

Tools    

Well, nice to see this is getting a release. I'm going to pre-order this Criterion that's out in February when it's available somewhere. Was going to order from Criterion themselves as it's only $19.99 at the moment but they don't seem to ship to Britain... I hope it's the same price when Amazon sell it.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It is getting a Criterion release already? Wow...
They pick up new films occasionally for release. I think the also released Frances Ha this year.

They pick up new films occasionally for release. I think the also released Frances Ha this year.
Learn something new everyday. I wonder if it will show up on Hulu Plus. The whole reason I have a subscription is for the Criterion Collection movies they have available to stream. I am thinking if it ever does it will be a few years for the sake of their DVD sales.

^ Just found out Criterion are putting out a different edition of Blue is the Warmest Colour later on in the year so I will not be getting that Criterion, not buying it twice...

It will be arriving in a super barebones version first, with the boutique label already warning customers: "A full special edition treatment of this film will follow at a later date."

That's why it's so cheap for a brand new release I guess... the special edition is rumoured to have the director's cut on it that will make the film about 40 minutes longer. It's already 179ish minutes long.

I've always preferred to have films on their own unless a box set is something very special. I don't think the box set comes in Blu-ray format anyway?

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get Derek Jarman's Jubilee. It usually goes for silly prices when out of the sale. I got about half way through the DVD years ago when I rented it but the disc was damaged and it wouldn't play anymore and they didn't have extra discs at the rental.

Decided to forget about the Jubilee DVD and decided to rent it instead, the new rental company I've gone with have it on DVD.

So the next one I got was the Criterion edition of Wings and The Ascent:

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The June 2014 releases for The Criterion Collection:

I am already marking out over the idea of seeing Weir's masterwork on Blu-ray.