Unbreakable 2

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Chris I know you're gonna love this if you haven't heard about it yet.

Check this out!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I had read of those quotes...though I have my doubts. A sequel, if properly done, would be an amazing addition...but I don't know if even M. Night (the master...the freakin' master) can pull it off here. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or not.

<SNIP>
That's my plot. Can I have a job? Pleeease?

I can play Frogboy. As a baby I used to love putting things in my mouth and tasting them, later I discovered things would stick to my tongue. That's the origin of Frogboy. After a hard life I turn to crime and pick-pocketing.

Throw in a love interest for me too. She could be Flygirl. She likes smelly things like winos and wears nasty perfume. Lol!
[Edited by sunfrog on 08-05-2001]

I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. I spoiled the plot for Unbreakable 2. I snipped it out.

Flygirl's power is to pester you till you want to kill her. Lol! She wears big glasses. I'm in love with her but she's afraid of me, she thinks I'm a freak. Hmm.. that could be a good story there.

Well if you are Frogboy, I will be TadpoleLad. The only thing is I dont live very long becuz I make a good appetizer to all the fishes. but my power would be that sometimes I can pass for a smelt.

Was just looking at the Night Chronicles (M. Night's company) info page on IMDBPro.

Looks like M. Night has a new script he is pitching - Unbreakable 2.

It is marked as In Development with a release date of 2012.

This is more or less my fav of his movies - so I look forward to this.

Shyamalan Still Teasing Unbreakable 2

Even though it’s been years and everyone’s pretty much forgotten about it, M. Night Shyamalan hasn’t given up on making more Unbreakable. Talking to MTV he says he’s still considering doing the sequel and adds..

“I don’t know where all the parties are in the world. Sam [Jackson] is like ‘Mr. Comic Book’ now. And Bruce, I don’t know what he’s up to. I don’t know where Disney’s at in their head and what kind of movies they’re up for making. But yeah, I love that movie.”
Night has talked about putting together an Unbreakable 2 almost annually since the first movie debuted. For instance around this same time last year he told the very same people at MTV..

“I genuinely just asked this question the other day — should I make Unbreakable 2?”
Shyamalan knows that Unbreakable is the only movie in his catalogue which he could make a sequel to and he also knows it’s something people are interested in. So whenever he wants a little extra publicity from MTV, he wanders in and teases another Unbreakable movie. It’s never going to happen and let’s face it, if it did happen he’d only screw it up. The M. Night who made Unbreakable, one of the best movies of 2000, is long dead, replaced by the guy who makes awful movies about killer plants.

Source: Cinema Blend

M. Night has one bad movie. The rest of his movies are masterpieces. They are not for everybody, but they are masterpieces.

The Happening sucks because the actors sucked. And I think he (M. Night) was off his game because the critics (most of whom are borderline retards) pan his stuff so hard.

He could also make a sequel to The Sixth Sense and use the same actor - Haley Joel Osment .

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by GodsOtherMonkey
M. Night has one bad movie. The rest of his movies are masterpieces. They are not for everybody, but they are masterpieces.
His first four are wonderful. Lady in the Water had great potential, but fell flat due to self-indulgent direction. I haven't seen The Happening, but I hear it suffered a similar fate (as well as a preachy story). So I can't help but think that the secret to Shyamalan's success has been to stay subtle but emblematic, and always mysterious. Don't play all your cards upfront.

I'm not sure we need an Unbreakable sequel. The first film works because it's not so much about David Dunn's continuing life, it's about a broken man's journey toward greatness. Even though it leaves us with a world of possibility, getting there was the story.

It's a higher lesson that makes the story worth telling, and we the viewers get to take a little something away. I'd be afraid that a sequel would miss that point, becoming instead a more straightforward continuation with no real center (as sequels often do). This is why I'm quick to complain about the sequels that have been made for The Matrix and Pirates of the Caribbean, two films that were obviously written to be self-contained and emblematic of a larger theme.

hope they make it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really hope this gets made I loved the first.

If Last Airbender does well, which it will, M. Night will be back to writing his own ticket.

AWESOME!

Bruce Willis Talks Unbreakable 2

We heard back in 2008 that director M. Night Shyamalan has interest in going back to one of his better films, the Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson thriller, Unbreakable.

When Unbreakable came out, Shyamalan was riding high on the success (both financial and critical) of his first film, The Sixth Sense. Everyone was wondering what he’d come up with next and if he could improve upon his debut effort.

It was originally conceived as a trilogy but because of the underwhelming reaction to the first installment, Shyamalan got discouraged and moved on to do other films like Signs, The Village, Lady in the Water and The Happening.

However, with his last two outings in particular being more poorly received than Unbreakable ever was, it’s not surprising that Shyamalan is looking to go back to his abandoned trilogy. On top of the director expressing interest, we also have star Bruce Willis wanting to do a sequel to Unbreakable.

While doing the rounds promoting the new Kevin Smith movie Cop Out, Willis talked a little about Unbreakable 2. He told WENN:

“I’ve been talking to [M.] Night Shyamalan about going back to do the middle story to Unbreakable. That whole story was written in three parts and he just chose to shoot the origin story first where the two characters find out they have superpowers. What he wanted to do at the time was shoot the second part where the two superheroes fight and we didn’t do that; we started a different way but he’s still talking about shooting that film.”

Source: Screenrant