The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Sleepaway Camp?

Seriously? Not that I'm against it, but I am shocked.

Nobody's voted for Sleepaway Camp? I thought the 80s was remembered for slashers. I could've picked April Fool's Day (1986) or My Bloody Valentine (1981) as well. As you can see, my list is quite personal to me. It's not tactical voting, it's what films you think are your greatest 25 of the decade. End of story.

I like the sequels to Sleepaway Camp more than the original film.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Great job, Skepsis! Thanks for all your hard work.

Here is my list: My sad faces are for the ones that I feel really should have made it.

1.. My Life as a Dog - Lasse Hallstrom
2. The Killing Fields - Roland Joffe
3. Arthur - Steve Gordon
4. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown - Pedro Almodovar
5. The Color Purple - Steven Spielberg
6. Tampopo - Juzo Itami
7. The Little Mermaid - Ron Clements, John Musker
8. Stop Making Sense - Jonathan Demme
9. Terms of Endearment - James L. Brooks
10. Parenthood - Ron Howard
11. The Outsiders - Francis Ford Coppola
12. Birdy - Alan Parker
13. Suburbia - Penelope Spheeris
14. Moonstruck - Norman Jewison
15. Rain Man - Barry Levinson
16. My Left Foot - Jim Sheridan
17. Poltergeist - Tobe Hooper
18. Rumble Fish - Francis Ford Coppola
19. Repo Man - Alex Cox
20. Brazil - Terry Gilliam
21. The Goonies - Richard Donner
22. E.T - Steven Spielberg
23. Pretty in Pink - Howard Duetch
24. Beetlejuice - Tim Burton
25. The Lost Boys - Joel Schumacher

speaking of slashers, i hope Black Christmas (1974) makes the 70's countdown

hear that folks? it's a classic horror film, watch Black Christmas! John Saxon is in it, and while i like him in a Nightmare on Elm Street, i believe his role is better in this movie

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I thought I saw Tyler1 post a different 25 list the other day, but I might be mistaken about that considering that post doesn't exist (or was deleted?). Also, he's definitely recently changes his favorite movies list

Chappie doesn't like the real world
speaking of slashers, i hope Black Christmas (1974) makes the 70's countdown

hear that folks? it's a classic horror film, watch Black Christmas! John Saxon is in it, and while i like him in a Nightmare on Elm Street, i believe his role is better in this movie

I like it a lot, but it won't make my list. A horror specific list would be a fun thing to do in the future.

Also, he's definitely recently changes his favorite movies list
His new list is the best list.

I like the sequels to Sleepaway Camp more than the original film.
I like the sequels too, but the original has such a mind-blowing ending that changes my perspective of the whole film. For the same reason I prefer the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre over it's sequel, despite the fact that the sequel is more enjoyable (mostly due to the chainsaw duel).

I like it a lot, but it won't make my list. A horror specific list would be a fun thing to do in the future.
damn, love that movie. i can already kinda sense i may be wasting a spot by including it

I like the sequels too, but the original has such a mind-blowing ending that changes my perspective of the whole film. For the same reason I prefer the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre over it's sequel, despite the fact that the sequel is more enjoyable (mostly due to the chainsaw duel).
I specifically meant the sequels starring Pamela Springsteen, by the way -- part 2 and part 3 -- not Return to Sleepaway Camp.

I thought I saw Tyler1 post a different 25 list the other day, but I might be mistaken about that considering that post doesn't exist (or was deleted?). Also, he's definitely recently changes his favorite movies list
It's the same 25. But I removed it shortly afterwards because I realised that the countdown hasn't ended yet. My bad.

Thanks big time Skepsis for organizing this, lots of films that I wana check out now. Also, thank you for not putting that bribe money to waste.

Shining #1 baby.