Television Tab

Tools    

Been watching a lot of it's always sunny in philadelphia. On 4th season now after first watching it last month.

I am currently loving the new episodes of Check it Out! with Steve Brule...I love John C. Reilly with all my heart!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'd had no idea that Malcolm Tierney died a few weeks ago. 75 isn't a big age these days.

One of the most recognisable TV character actors in the 80s & 90s, if you didn't know his name you'll know his face.

Charlie Gimbert and Tommy McArdle were probably his most well known roles but he'd been in Star Wars .... and Z Cars.

Which brings me on to Jimmy Ellis who died yesterday.

When I was growing up, Jimmy was one of the few actors on TV who had my accent. From interviews I've seen he seemed the loveliest, most gentle guy.

A fine actor.

That's sad news Tacitus. Both fine actors . I'll have to see if I can find an ep of Z Cars to watch later on as a tribute to Jimmy Ellis, use to love his no nonsense sergeant Lynch.

Didn't hear about Malcolm Tierney either, you wouldn't mess with Tommy McArdle!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, there seemed to be a time whenever you wanted a weasely, unsympathetic character you'd lift the phone and call Malcolm. The Brookside role showed his range a bit more.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
So the second season of Hannibal is starting out really good. Gillian Anderson's part is pretty small, but she brings everything she has to it. It's also creepy as heck. The opening scene in episode two had me cringing and covering my eyes.

The League of Gentlemen- Season 1

The League of Gentlemen is a hilarious sitcom/sketch comedy BBC show, which is creepily surreal even to the point where I'd say some scenes were scary. But overall it's brilliant dark humor.

The first three episodes are my favorite (out of 6), and my favorite sketch is workers Ed which is in the 1st,2nd,3rd,and 6th episode, but outside of that there were plenty of fun recurring and momentary skits.

This show makes me legitimately scared of local shops for local people.

The League of Gentlemen- Season 1

The League of Gentlemen is a hilarious sitcom/sketch comedy BBC show, which is creepily surreal even to the point where I'd say some scenes were scary. But overall it's brilliant dark humor.

The first three episodes are my favorite (out of 6), and my favorite sketch is workers Ed which is in the 1st,2nd,3rd,and 6th episode, but outside of that there were plenty of fun recurring and momentary skits.

This show makes me legitimately scared of local shops for local people.

Glad you found this and liked it. It's become a standard with quotes entering everyday speech over here

Let the night air cool you off
Looks like I need to see The League of Gentlemen then. Donnie, you might want to try Chris Morris' Jam. It sounds like the two shows have a lot in common.

I don't like The League Of Gentlemen, but then, I'm not local.

As you like them, I'd recommend checking out Psychoville and they're new programme, Inside No.9. Although that's only just started over here, so I don't know how easy it'd be to find it.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Well, now that True Detective has ended, I've been viewing the 2nd season of Hannibal. It is easily one of the best shows on TV, and a true delight to watch. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.The first season is a
+, the 2nd one so far is

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I hope it doesn't get cancelled either, but I'm just not sure how many seasons it can go.It's not an open ended story and things are already moving fast. I agree though, it's currently about one of the best things on TV and I'm not sure why more people aren't watching it. It's a million times better than The Following.

it's currently about one of the best things on TV and I'm not sure why more people aren't watching it. It's a million times better than The Following.
And that is why it'll go.

Although I'm not a big fan of it, I felt the last episode really set everything up for a cracking second season. If season two can be more like the first and last episodes of season one, I'll be more than happy with it.

Just a quick word on Line Of Duty. Wow. How good has this series been? I liked the first series, but felt as if it was slightly overrated as I felt it was slightly uneven. However, this one has been worthy of every piece of praise it's received, IMO, and the writing has been truly outstanding. If this isn't winning awards come next year, what the hell will be?

Just a quick word on Line Of Duty. Wow. How good has this series been? I liked the first series, but felt as if it was slightly overrated as I felt it was slightly uneven. However, this one has been worthy of every piece of praise it's received, IMO, and the writing has been truly outstanding. If this isn't winning awards come next year, what the hell will be?
Line of Duty has been really powerful this series. So well acted by all, but as I think I mentioned before, Keeley Hawes is awesome! I still can't make out if she's villain or victim, but she's made this series mesmerising

I think she's been great, too, though I wonder, as she seems to be singled out by most, whether this it's because she's playing ugly? Don't get me wrong, she's excellent and the ambiguity and subtlety with which she's played the part has been a masterclass. However, that's also down to excellent writing and direction and I honestly can't say she's been better than any of the other main characters. We're so used to seeing her as the sophisticated glamour that being so dowdy and downbeat has opened some eyes to her talent. Or, maybe it's me that's being blinded by the playing ugly phenomenon and it's working in reverse for me?

I think she's been great, too, though I wonder, as she seems to be singled out by most, whether this it's because she's playing ugly? Don't get me wrong, she's excellent and the ambiguity and subtlety with which she's played the part has been a masterclass. However, that's also down to excellent writing and direction and I honestly can't say she's been better than any of the other main characters. We're so used to seeing her as the sophisticated glamour that being so dowdy and downbeat has opened some eyes to her talent. Or, maybe it's me that's being blinded by the playing ugly phenomenon and it's working in reverse for me?
Possibly. I can't deny the power of the writing and the brilliance of the acting of the rest of the cast. There is a special something tho when an actor is cast out of their normal range and they make such a decent job of it.

Looks like several full episodes of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson are up on youtube. This ought to be good. There is a neat Halloween II ad in this video.

I am probably going to start the tv countdown thread within the next few days. It won't interfere with the 70s countdown, because the deadline for list entries will be two months after the one for the 70s countdown.

Would everybody be more interested in a list of the best tv shows of all-time? Or would the preference be to narrow the scope to either a certain genre or decade?