23.33%
14 votes
Black Swan
1.67%
1 votes
Pi
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Finished here. It's been fun.
Black Swan is my personal favorite, but RFAD is phenomenal as well. I'm not a fan of The Fountain though, that film simply did not work.

I've actually only seen Black Swan & Pi, I prefer Black Swan by a huge margin. I've been meaning to watch Requiem for a Dream

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's a toss up between The Wrestler and Requiem for me; Requiem is showier and probably takes the edge. Black Swan really isn't as special as everyone seems to think it is, Pi is interesting and The Fountain is nonsense.

Finished here. It's been fun.
It did indeed, depends what you're looking for
I suppose you're right. To me though the film was a chore. It's not nearly as intelligent or as thought-provoking as Aronofsky thinks it is. I do respect the ambition, but ambition doesn't always yield greatness.

This quote from film critic Michael Atkinson basically sums it up perfectly "It's difficult to recall another American film that, in pursuing a passionate and personal vision, goes so maddeningly, uproariously wrong".

I haven't seen Pi or The Fountain yet; I liked Black Swan, really like Requiem for a Dream, and I love the Wrestler. So obviously I voted for The Wrestler. I tend to like movies more when I can personally relate to the character or characters, and that order reflects that.

I suppose you're right. To me though the film was a chore. It's not nearly as intelligent or as thought-provoking as Aronofsky thinks it is. I do respect the ambition, but ambition doesn't always yield greatness.
I don't understand why people often say this as if Aronofsky was writing the film saying to himself "man this is so smart, I'm gonna look sooo smart" What actually happens, often, in cases like this is that the creator feels something without distinguished means of expressing it, and thus we have ambiguous works like this, but no one ever says "Tarkovsky thinks he's sooo smart." Certain people relate to them, certain people don't.

This quote from film critic Michael Atkinson basically sums it up perfectly "It's difficult to recall another American film that, in pursuing a passionate and personal vision, goes so maddeningly, uproariously wrong".
But what went wrong exactly?

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Not particularly huge on him, but The Wrestler is simply a masterwork, and one of the most accurate depictions of one of the most misunderstood industries in the world. Having known many people on the independent wrestling circuit over the years, this apparently hits close to home and breaks the stigma of professional wrestling. Rourke is towering, too, and Clint Mansell has to be one of the best composers alive in America today.

I have seen all film in the list except The fountain. My favourite is Balck Swan, and the second position is for Requiem for a dream.

I've only seen The Wrestler. Being a huge wrestling fan I enjoyed it. I definitely need to check out his other flicks.

Not particularly huge on him, but The Wrestler is simply a masterwork, and one of the most accurate depictions of one of the most misunderstood industries in the world. Having known many people on the independent wrestling circuit over the years, this apparently hits close to home and breaks the stigma of professional wrestling. Rourke is towering, too, and Clint Mansell has to be one of the best composers alive in America today.
Good shout on Clint Mansell. Although he lives in Hollywood, he's very much British.