Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Tonight I am watching Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. I expect that it will be a funny movie and should be pretty good as I have always enjoyed what Depp has done.

Body Double

The last movie for today is Brian De Palma's flick! I don't even have to watch it to know it's gonna be Hitchcock-inspired.
I think you'll like it.

----------------------------------------------

Frozen (2013)

I'm curious to see if Disney was truly able to revive the old magic with their newest installment, like so many critics and casual viewers are claiming.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I absolutely loved Don't Torture a Duckling, so I'm hoping to like my second Fulci as well!
Definitely check out Seven Notes in Black aka The Psychic too.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
In the mood for some light entertainment thats not sh*t so maybe this will be serviceable(I hope).

Then checking out the first ep. of Hannibal season 2. Not a movie obviously, just trying to spread the news of how fantastic this show is. I highly recommend giving it a shot. It's deliciously dark, beautifully filmed and very well-written.

Choose Me (1984)

Probably Alan Rudolph's most acclaimed film, although it's very much forgotten. It caught my eye a few weeks ago, though and I'm going to watch it now. While searching for some opinions about Rudolph on this forum, I noticed that Mark F and Holden were also quite fond of this film.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Apartment
Checking out this Wilder classic. It's been on my Netflix Instant Watchlist for quite some time now, so I feel now is the right time to check it out. Loved the two Wilder films I've seen, so I think the same will apply to this.

I probably ought to work on my 70's viewing, get started on the Three Colors Trilogy, or work on watching some of the blind buys collecting dust in my collection, but I'm not sure that I have the attention span for something new (and especially something new and foreign) right now.

I think I'll do a rewatch instead, but what to choose? Some possibilities:

8MM
Titanic
American History X
Almost Famous
The Evil Dead (original)
Black Sheep (B horror flick, not the Chris Farley comedy)
Crazy Heart
Death to Smoochy
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Jurassic Park
The Prestige
Romper Stomper
Tropic Thunder

I went to the library earlier today and here's what I found. I've been meaning to watch them for a while (specially Double Indemnity)

I went to the library earlier today and here's what I found. I've been meaning to watch them for a while (specially Double Indemnity)

Cache & Double Indemnity are great. Didn't enjoy Monsieur Verdoux much - the weakest Chaplin film I've seen.

Let the night air cool you off

Cowboy Bebop is one of the more popular anime series in America, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Not a movie, but I live to break the rules.

Hope you will like Eyes Wide Shut as much as I did. It's a masterpiece imo.