A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Thanks mate. You should rewatch Batman Returns and make it your next review. I'd be interested in reading your thoughts.
I don't know if you're even about just now to see this, but as requested....

JayDee's Batman Returns review

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I don't know if you're even about just now to see this, but as requested....

JayDee's Batman Returns review
Just read, and glad you enjoyed it alot more. Need to catch up on a few of your reviews .

Iron Man 3
Directed By: Shane Black

Well I've just re-watched Iron Man 3 from the comfort of my own home, and I can honestly say i enjoyed it a lot more with a second viewing. The first Iron Man movie is not only one of my favourite comic book movies, but it's also one of my all time favourite movies. Robert Downey Jr is at his best in Iron man, he brings everything but the kitchen sink to the character.....he defines the word cool, and makes Iron Man that little bit more special. Iron Man had the potential to be one of the best trilogy's out there, well one of them. It had everything going for it, great cast, cool villains, and a big fan base. Yet they f**** it all up with the second movie. Iron Man 2 was a disaster so it's good to see the third installment get back on track. .

Trivia:

Originally, Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures were looking to shoot this movie in Michigan due to the tax incentives. However, due to North Carolina guaranteeing a $20 million tax credit, the producers decided to shoot there instead.

Gemma Arterton, Diane Kruger and Isla Fisher were considered for the role of Maya Hansen. Jessica Chastain was cast but she dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Rebecca Hall was cast in her place.

Including the bonus post-credits scene in "The Incredible Hulk", this is Robert Downey Jr.'s fifth portrayal of Tony Stark/Iron Man. This briefly tied him with Hugh Jackman's and Samuel L. Jackson's record of theatrical appearances as a comic character; however, Jackman retook the record less than three months after IM3's release with his role in "The Wolverine".
Iron Man 3 has Tony Stark back at his best. It focuses on him without his suit for a big chunk of the movie, and we see all the humour and one liners that make the character so great. Ime not saying this movie is as good as the first!, but it is a big improvement on Iron Man 2, and The Avengers. What I will criticise about the movie is it's tie's to The Avengers!. There are references made about the film that didn't really work. I mean Stark was in big trouble in this movie yet there was no help from Shield or The Avengers. There was no mention of them when times where hard, it all just seemed strange and thrown in at times just to tie things together.

Overall Iron Man 3 was really entertaining. There are some really good action sequences, and some really cool moments. The cast is great..... Hang on!!!. Take Don Cheadle out of the statement and where good to go. Why did they take Terrence Howard away?. Anyway

Jurassic Park
Directed By: Steven Spielberg

Well I've just finished reading the book and decided to give the movie a re-watch. I've always loved the Jurassic Park Trilogy, i think it's a childhood thing because I've always loved Dinosaurs. From a very young age, even to this day I've been fascinated by them. I read the book and thought it was pretty amazing, i think it was alot darker and more detailed than the movie, but both very good portrayals of Jurassic Park. I've decided to re-watch the whole trilogy and review it on here in my review thread. Obvisouly each movie brings something a little different, and a little better..... But all of them are really enjoyable, and very entertaining.

Trivia:

William Hurt was offered the role of Dr. Grant, but he turned it down without reading the book or the script.

Harrison Ford turned down the role of Dr. Alan Grant.

Director Steven Spielberg was worried that computer graphics meant Nintendo type cartoon quality. He originally only wanted the herd of gallimimus dinosaurs to be computer-generated, but upon seeing ILM's demo animation of a T-rex chasing a herd of galamides across his ranch, he decided to shoot nearly all the dinosaur scenes using this method. The animation was first plotted on an Amiga Toaster, and rendered for the film by Silicon Graphics' Indigo workstations.

I remember going to the cinema back when this movie was released. I remember it being very crowded and full of excited kids. I left the cinema thinking that was the most entertaining, and exciting movie I'd ever seen, I actually don't even know how I can remember because I was only 7 years old.... Shows how great this movie is a suppose. Jurassic Park is one of those movies that will keep that magic, it will always be entertaining and exciting, even 20 years from now it will still be considered a great.

Jurassic Park is a movie over 20 years old now, and it still looks amazing. Everything Spielberg did in this movie is magical. The park, The Dinosaurs, every single detail looks and feels fantastic. Every thump of a T-Rex has your heart pounding, every little scene has you waiting in suspense, it's like Jaws but more frightening. Steven Spielberg is a master at Suspense, and this is his masterpiece. Jurassic Park is the monster of monster movies, it's every kids dream park that goes terrifyingly wrong, and what we witness is one fantastic movie, and one entertaining nightmare.

Question for someone. Is there just the 2 Jurassic Park books?.

Man Of Steel
Directed By: Zack Snyder

Over the course of several month's I've seen a lot of negativity towards Man Of Steel, bad reviews, bad comments, and pure hatred for this movie. I've re-watched the movie and wanted to write another review. Jaydee has just posted his review in his review thread, and although I love his reviews I felt the complete opposite towards Man Of Steel....." Your slacking Jaydee".

Trivia:
Darren Aronofsky, Duncan Jones, Ben Affleck, Tony Scott, Matt Reeves and Jonathan Liebesman were considered to direct the movie before Zack Snyder was later chosen.

Natalie Portman, Charlotte Riley, Anne Hathaway, Dianna Agron, Kristen Stewart, Malin Akerman, Rachel McAdams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kristen Bell, Lake Bell, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis and Jessica Biel were considered to play Lois Lane.

Ben Affleck turned down directing the film because he wasn't experienced in visual effects shots: "A lesson I've learned is to not look at movies based on budget, how much they'll spend on effects or where they will shoot. Story is what's important."
I'll start by saying, if your a huge Superman fan then there maybe a few changes with the movie that would annoy you. Maybe a few things have been changed a little to much, or a few things that look a lot different. I myself don't really read comic books. I know who all the hero's are, and I've seen most of the movies old and new, but stuff like changing things doesn't really bother me. Superman needed "CHANGING", it needed updating and bringing back to life. The Planet Krypton looked amazing in this movie, I loved how detailed and visually amazing it looked. I loved the Dragon, and other species we see. It actually looked like another planet rather than the inside of a freezer. I know the original Superman is old now, but Superman returns didn't do the planet any justice either. Man Of Steel showed just how powerful his planet was, it showed how powerful his family where!, not like the original movies barbie and ken parents. The opening 20 minutes showcases how great of a director Snyder is, it's Krypton at its best, and it's never looked so good.

-- Krypton is a lot more updated --

One thing that annoys me about this movie is the criticism it receives. Criticism about its action, it's loud noises, and it's running time. It annoys me because people pull them selfs off about how good The Avengers is, yet it basically does the same same thing. Its loud, long, and has a story straight from the script of Transformers 3. I really can't see how you can call The Avengers great, and then slam Man Of Steel, when in fact Man Of Steel is so much stronger, and looks so much better. One thing I would criticise about this movie, and i actually agree with people on is his relationship with Louis Lane. The relationship is not built right and it does feel a little forced, but we all know how that works out anyway. I want to see my superhero movies full of action, and destruction, not all loved romance.

Man Of Steel is one of the better comic book movies out there. I think it's better than Captain America, Thor, and even The Dark Knight Rises. I think people expected so much more, and fan boys are picking at any tiny flaws to hate on this movie. This is Superman as he's meant to be. It's a new era of superhero movies and Man Of Steel certainly delivered for me.

Oblivion is a very enjoyable movie, and although not very original... it still looks amazing, and it's a very well made movie. Tom Cruise is fantastic, I haven't enjoyed any of his movie in quite some time, but he is great in this. Oblivion is a very Underated movie, it never got near the praise it should have, and with a great cast, good story, and a wicked score it's hard to see why not..

Saw in one of the longest going franchises out there. Every Halloween a new one was released, and the story kept going and going. Saw however started great, and although the rest of the sequels to follow sucked, at least we got one decent movie out of the bunch. Saw was new, fresh, and abit different than everything else around. It was actually one of the best horror movies to come around in a long while, with a very wicked, and clever ending.

Pacific Rim was one of the biggest disappointments of its year. The trailer had me pumped, and it was a movie I was quite excited for..... Damn was I wrong. Pacific Rim is a loud noisy mess. Wooden cast, and battles where you can't tell what's what leaves very little to be happy about.

Could anyone explain how you put writing down the side of a picture?.

Cloverfield
Directed By: J.J. Abrams

Plot: Cloverfield follows five New Yorkers from the perspective of a hand-held video camera. The movie is exactly the length of a DV Tape and a sub-plot is established by showing bits and pieces of video previously recorded on the tape that is being recorded over. The movie starts as a monster of unknown origin destroys a building. As they go to investigate, parts of the building and the head of the Statue of Liberty come raining down. The movie follows their adventure trying to escape and save a friend, a love interest of the main character.

Ime not normally a fan of the whole shaky camera movies, they normally have my head spinning, and become pretty annoying. Cloverfield on the other hand is an exception. Cloverfield is a fantastic movie, it's really well made, and the whole movie feels like your experiencing it for yourself. I really enjoy a good monster movie. Movies like Jurassic Park, Godzilla, and King Kong are some favourites of mine, but Cloverfield somehow feels fresh, it feels new and it brings something new to the table. Cloverfield is very clever, it's very mysterious and never gives anything away. We never actually get to see anything more than we need to, we see glimpses here and there and that's all we need. If only other movies took note.

Trivia:
The first trailer for this movie played before "Transformers". It showed a giant explosion in the heart of New York City and the Statue of Liberty's head being thrown down a street. It was shot with a hand-held video recorder. There was no title.

The film has no music score and music for the end credits do not begin until 1 minute and 30 seconds after the credits start rolling.

During the first weekend of the release, many theaters posted signs warning guests that the hand held camera movements may cause motion sickness.
In 1998 Godzilla was released with a budget of 130 million dollars, it was panned by critics, and was way over done. 10 years later and only 25 million dollars to make and Cloverfield nailed every tiny detail. Less is more is certainly the case here, and Cloverfield doesn't receive half the praise it should do. Cloverfield is intense, gripping, and kind of original in its ways. It's one of the best creature features out there, and certainly one of the best movies of its year.

Cloverfield is one of my favourite movies - such an underrated action/sci-fi/horror movie. I feel that people miss how well the story is structured and the great script and characters that make it more than just an action movie. The writing of Drew Goddard is fantastic and really shows what he learnt in his time with JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon.

Glad to see a fan. I read somewhere about a possible sequel about the same events but from another persons mobile, or camera... Pretty cool idea.

The Wolf Of Wall Street
Directed By: Martin Scorsese

The Wolf Of Wall Street is fresh on my mind, and straight into my top 10 favourite movies. Maybe it will change, maybe it will not, but Scorsese has delivered yet again. Martin Scorsese is close.., if not my favourite directer out there, he's one of the best in the business, and I don't think I've seen a bad movie from him yet. The Wolf On Wall Street showcases his talent. It's funny, it's sexy, and it's pure entertainment. From the start of its 180 minute running time (which by the way flows nicely) It never once leaves you bored, never once did it seem to drag out, in fact I wanted more..

Trivia:
Chris Evans and Joseph Gordon-Levitt auditioned for a role.

The chest beating and humming performed by Matthew McConaughey is actually a warming up ritual that he performs before acting. When Leonardo DiCaprio saw it he encouraged him to include it in their scene.

During the kissing scene between Leonardo DiCaprio and Joanna Lumley, Leonardo was so nervous that the scene required a reported 27 takes to get it right.

Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio have teamed up together in 5 movies now, and Wolf Of Wall Street is there masterpiece. It's by far there best film together, and this movie showcases just how fantastic Leonardo DiCaprio is as an actor, and why he's one of the best actors around today. Jonah Hill and Margot Robbie can't be forgotten. Jonah Hill is fantastic, and brings some great moments, and comedy. Margot Robbie brings pure sexiness. She's fantastic and steals the picture every time she's on screen. There's a great little scene with Mathew Mcconaughey, and although only short it's one of the best moments in the movie.

The Wolf Of Wall Street is stylish, entertaining, and comedy gold. It has a great cast and although it's based on true events that weren't so pleasing to some family's..,,, the movie deserves every bit of praise it's receiving.

A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
Directed By Wes Craven

A Nightmare on Elm street is what I would consider a horror classic. It's a movie that I would actually call frightening, which is something you couldn't label any of today's horror movies. Today's horror movies rely on loud noises, screams, and other jumpy, and shouting moments. Horror movies have lost there way over the past 10-20 years, they have forgotten what scary actually is, they have forgotten what actually make the audience jump, scream, and leave the cinema actually scared. Thank god we still have the old Horror movies like Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and of course A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Trivia:

Wes Craven's original concept for Freddy Krueger was considerably more gruesome, with teeth showing through the flesh over the jaw, pus running from the sores, and a part of the skull showing through the head. Make-up artist David B. Miller argued that an actor couldn't be convincingly made up that way and a puppet would be hard to film and wouldn't blend well with live actors, so these ideas were eventually abandoned.

The scene where Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is attacked by Freddy in her bathtub was shot using a bottomless tub, which was put in a bathroom set that had been built over a swimming pool. During the underwater sequence, Langenkamp was replaced with stuntwoman Christina Johnson. Langenkamp spent 12 hours in the bath during filming.

Freddy Kruger is a character icon, he's one of the most recognisable horror characters of all time, and a genius creation by Wes Craven. Craven is somewhat of a horror legend now, and what he done with A Nightmare On Elm Street was very clever. Teens terrified of going to sleep in case they run into Freddy has the viewer on the edge of there seat, your screaming don't go asleep, your wondering if they are asleep, or awake, which is something we all experience for our selfs. Everything about this movie is very well made, the sound track is terrifying, Freddy Kruger is terrifying, the flipping movie is terrifying.

Love for Wolf of Wall Street? I approve of this review!
Thanks. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Horror movies have lost there way over the past 10-20 years, they have forgotten what scary actually is, they have forgotten what actually make the audience jump, scream, and leave the cinema actually scared.
It's because they've lowered (or expanded, you decide) the age of the target audience.

It's because they've lowered (or expanded, you decide) the age of the target audience.
I hate going to the cinema to see any horror now. They use loud noises to try scare you, there's nothing original at all.