PHILOMENA
53.06%
26 votes
12 YEARS A SLAVE
12.24%
6 votes
THE WOLF OF WALL STREET
49 votes. You may not vote on this poll

american hustle seems like a really odd movie to hate. i can understand finding it a little overrated and boring and maybe even self-indulgent, but it seems like there's enough stuff to like in there for everyone to at least mildly enjoy something. i think anyone who truly hates that movie must really hate fun.

finally saw captain phillips, and i liked it a lot more than i thought i would.

1. Her
2. The Wolf of Wall Street
3. American Hustle
4. 12 Years a Slave
5. Gravity
6. Captain Phillips
7. Dallas Buyers Club
8. Nebraska
9. Philomena

1. American Hustle
2. Dallas Buyers Club
3. Nebraska
4. Philomena
5. Gravity
6 Captain Phillips
7. 12 Years a Slave
8. Wolf of Wallstreet
9. Her

American Hustle was easily my favorite movie of the year. However, I think 12 Years a Slave will win best picture (hope I'm wrong) and Gravity will win the most Oscars.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

All of the Best Picture winners in one poster. It's fun to work them out.

Some of those are pretty clever. A few are very hard to discern, but that may be due to the small size, too. For example, even knowing 2008 was Slumdog Millionaire, I couldn't tell what it the Hell that was supposed to be. I eventually worked out that it is the "Millionare" chair in a spotlight on the stage. Not a great iconic image, even if I could see it. The Unforgiven one is pretty lazy. The French Connection, too. Tom Jones puts one more in the mind of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I think for both The Sting and Casablanca, they went with very generic things from movies that are full of iconic visual moments and elements.

But, overall, pretty cute/cool.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I saw 4 of the nominees - Dallas,Gravity,12 Years,Captain Philips. I'm watching Her tomorrow in cinema and I'm definitely seeing Wolf of Wall Street as soon as I can.
Now,I would vote for Dallas Buyers Club,although,I wasn't really blown away by any of these films.

Rush and Behind The Candelabra are my favorites of the year so far.

I vote 12 years a Slave. It's a great film. But i didn't see yet Dallas Buyers Club. I think that is very beautiful too.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I soooo want Gravity to win. I honestly think it is a cinematic masterpiece and I hardly ever say that "m" word. This movie just blew me away.

And am I the only one that thinks American Hustle is INCREDIBLY overrated? I felt like it was the Amy Adams T&A show and that was about it. I did enjoy the blown up microwave, though.

Don't get me wrong, it's well done, but Best Picture? Really?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I soooo want Gravity to win. I honestly think it is a cinematic masterpiece and I hardly ever say that "m" word. This movie just blew me away.

And am I the only one that thinks American Hustle is INCREDIBLY overrated? I felt like it was the Amy Adams T&A show and that was about it. I did enjoy the blown up microwave, though.

Don't get me wrong, it's well done, but Best Picture? Really?
I'd prefer Gravity or American Hustle over anything else.