Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Watched The Room - I had heard it was considered as one of the worst films ever and because of this had acquired cult status, and what I had heard is not far wrong at all. It certainly is the worst film I have seen to date but I can see why it is a cult film now. It is easy to laugh at and enjoy in a group but from a film status it is very very poor.

1/10
the best part is that the guy responsible for it tries to pass it off as a "black comedy" now that it's considered an enormous pile of doodoo butter

Finished here. It's been fun.
Damnation
Gorgeously shot and very Tarkovsky'esque but I didn't really click with it.Still a good film, there were some fantastic scenes.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a good film. However, it's just not something I would rewatch, mainly because it's not my kind of movie.

I'm quite surprised : I thought I would enjoy this movie much more !
+

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

The War Game (1965, Peter Watkins)

A perturbing and compelling slice of Cold War paranoia. This doco-style drama examines the ghastly ramifications of nuclear warfare - everything from an inordinate collapse of social and political order to resource scarcity to civil uprising to the inevitability of death. More than that, it also dispenses its viewers to a pragmatic and harrowing depiction of an actual nuclear attack, and, of course, all of the precautionaries and contingencies prior. This piece has some remarkable photography as it possesses a truly visceral aesthetic approach, showing nothing but the arrant dismay of war. Considering this was a 1965 made-for-TV BBC piece, one would expect a certain degree of corniness to persist in viewing. Much to my surprise, however, it has aged exceptionally well, thanks in large part to its evocative imagery and political authenticity. This film was deemed by the BBC as "too horrifying for the medium of broadcasting" upon its release in 1965, and I can understand why. The films' realistic nature would have been ten times more potent and traumatic during the Cold War where the threat of nuclear warfare was much more imminent and concerning than today. It's just a shame it was so short in duration. Nonetheless, a fascinating film to watch, if only to get a glimpse into understanding the political and social environment of the Western world at the time. It is also a striking example of unsparing, relentless filmmaking, even if it is deliberately hyperbolic.

It's up there with Threads and When the Wind Blows as one of the best films that deals with nuclear warfare.

Le Diner de Cons
Color me surprised- I expected a cheap, disposable comedy and what I got was a heartfelt and very funny one instead. Almost all the jokes hit (some are pretty lame) and it's actually unexpectedly emotional. It's simple and it goes by very quick with only a short 80 minute runtime but it's clever and great stuff for nearly the whole time.
Rating: 4/5

Savages - I don't know, quite a weird movie. I mean it's stylish and interesting plot-wise towards the second half but I couldn't get past the love triangle, it's just so strange and unbelievable.The acting is quite cheesy,too, except for Del Toro, who was amazing.
I think narrating was very bad in the film, the idea of two guys sharing a girlfriend and selling weed is quite poor,too.Only the plot twists,occasional brutal violence,some stylish shots and Del Toro saves the movie.

Le Diner de Cons
Color me surprised- I expected a cheap, disposable comedy and what I got was a heartfelt and very funny one instead. Almost all the jokes hit (some are pretty lame) and it's actually unexpectedly emotional. It's simple and it goes by very quick with only a short 80 minute runtime but it's clever and great stuff for nearly the whole time.
Rating: 4/5
That's my favorite comedy and one of the funniest movie ever !

Paris,Texas-Loved it

^ I'd highly recommend Wenders' road trilogy beginning with Alice in the Cites, The Wrong Move and then Kings of the Road. Thematically, very similar to Paris, Texas, and arguably just as - if not better - than it.

Do you recommend Wings of Desire? Thats the next Wenders film I planned on seeing.

Do you recommend Wings of Desire? Thats the next Wenders film I planned on seeing.
Absolutely. That's a truly beautiful film, and a ravishing exhibition of photography. Wenders made a sequel for it, too, but I found that rather mediocre, even as a standalone film.

Finally got around to watching this movie. Is it a great movie? Yes, I can most certainly see why everyone adores it. Is it quite my taste? Not really. When I really love a movie I can watch it over and over again. I just don't see myself doing it with this one, while I am most certainly glad I experienced it, very thought provoking, it would be hard to go out of my way to watch it again on my own. I probably will sometime down the road too see what I missed on the first viewing.

The acting at the beginning was a bit over the top and didn't flow like it should to me. I can see why they played it like that after the 2nd half of the movie. Watts and Harring did do a wonderful job, just sometimes at the beginning felt like I was watching acting and not people in a story. A lot of the plot lines were left unexplained and that sorta of annoyed me, whats the point of taking the effort to watch scenes that are just rendered moot. I read that it was originally suppose to be a TV pilot so that could explain that, nonetheless it made me angry.

I had to go back and read the plot and interpretations after the movie because I became lost when the story flipped. After researching reactions and interpretations after the movie it become more clear, that's why a 2nd viewing is probably needed. It is neat how different people can interpret it different ways.

I may sound critical of the movie, but it will stick with me for awhile which a good movie is suppose to do after the fact. Like I said I can appreciate why it is considered a classic and why it is adored the way it is. Plus the love scenes are top notch that doesn't hurt ha. Laura Harring is sex appeal defined.

I'd get it a personal rating of 3 out of 5.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Unregistered User

Gangster Squad - poor. Thought Sean Penn was completely miscast -

Spring Breakers - Hated it af first but it did get better

The Blob (1958) - haha madness