Crappy Superhero movies coming up

Tools    

Namor. Shazam! The Mighty Thor. How many other crappy superhero movies are coming up and how much are these going to suck(from a scale of 0 to -10)?

Another film that needs to be on that list is Spiderman 4.
Its on the list of Marvel Studio's upcoming productions, I don't see why there going to make another one because.
1. The last film was awful.
2. Sam Rami, Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst aren't coming back.

If there going to make a new one with a new cast and director to not to it so soon after the third film. Do it about 10-15 years time as a millionth franchise reboot.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Namor. Shazam! The Mighty Thor. How many other crappy superhero movies are coming up and how much are these going to suck(from a scale of 0 to -10)?
How do you know they're going to suck, sight unseen? I'm pretty sure this thread sucks...it sucks a 10.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I honustly think they are milking the spiderman series dry, they need to make the films better like they have done with Batman. Im a big fan of all comic - big screen movies but come on another spiderman what could they do with it know?

Comic books movies are getting farmed immensely. Eventually, they'll run dry. Namor costume is just green fish scale tights. How the heck are they going to make up for that?
Green lantern is a good character and all, but how are they going to explain that his only weakness is yellow?

Who watches the Watchbear?
While I'm slightly skeptical of at least a few of Marvel's upcoming movies - Ant-Man and Namor in particular - I'm pretty pumped for Thor and Captain America. After seeing what can be done with the genre (Iron Man and The Dark Knight) hopefully the folks responsible for the movies will try to really make these work... lord knows we don't need anymore Daredevils or Electras :P

As for Spiderman 4... you know, it might be cool if they just took it in a new direction ala Batman Begins or something. *shrug* Not with a rehash of an origin story, but rather a newer 'take' and notsomuch a continuation of the previous films.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Yip I agree spiderman would be awsome if they took it more of a adult direction like batman begins. I find spiderman (although I really like the series) made for the younger generation.

A system of cells interlinked
Do you have a crystal ball or something?

Wow, I never met someone that could see the future before.

I don't see why you assume that a movie is "crappy" if you haven't even seen or heard anything about it. I am actually curious about Thor, not so much for Shazam of Namor though, but I wouldn't pass judgment.

...uh the post is up there...

I honustly think they are milking the spiderman series dry, they need to make the films better like they have done with Batman. Im a big fan of all comic - big screen movies but come on another spiderman what could they do with it know?
My point exactly, they used pretty much all the best villains, and IMO wasted Venom. Also, we're seeing the "90's Batman" effect, where completely useless sequels are pumped out rapid-fire.

ugh, no kidding about wasting Venom. That was one of my biggest gripes with Spiderman 3.

Hasn't there been speculation that the Lizard will be the villain for Spidey 4? I really wish they'd just wait a couple years and do a reboot with a new cast and only vague, if any ties, to the previous films.

This thread is a perfect example of my only problem with people like us.People who genuinely care about films and enjoy discussing their reactions and opinions too often end up deriding and insulting films in ways they have no right to.Condemning something before you've even seen a teaser is ridiculous and moronic.If you think something will be bad then don't watch it.

Regarding the films in question, I will be seeing all of them at least once.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I also wouldnt mind if they changed the actors toby maguire is too nerdy for me. I know he is suppose to be quite nerdy but he quite annoys me.

New actors and make the spidy films darker! That would be awsome.

Just to share something I noticed about Spiderman this summer...

I never actually read comics until quite recently (I blame Iron Man for that) but... damn. I read a good deal of stuff with Spiderman, lot of it Civil War tie-ins (if any of you guys are familliar with Marvel lore) - but basically? Comic-verse Spiderman is waaay more snarky than movie-verse Spiderman ever was. Sure, in the movies Spidey gives a nice quip every now and then! But in the comics, he's just a downright snark! It could be fun to see more of that shown in the movies.

Also, I take back that Venom was my biggest gripe about Spiderman 3. The fact the actors involved seemed to really not give a crap about the movie bothered me most. I remember watching interviews and stuff and they just seemed... to not care in the slightest, and if anything, happy they were done. Ugh.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I also wouldnt mind if they changed the actors toby maguire is too nerdy for me. I know he is suppose to be quite nerdy but he quite annoys me.

New actors and make the spidy films darker! That would be awsome.
Ugh. "Darker." I love how bright and cartoony the Spider-man films are because they captured the feeling of reading Spider-man comics rather perfectly. I'm honestly tired to death of "dark" things. I don't want to be depressed by super-heroes and cartoon characters. I'd much rather laugh and have fun watching them. Toby Maguire was seriously perfect. Sure, the third film has its flaws, but I'd see a Spider-Man 4, because I'm not yet tired of the character or his world just yet.

How are people not bored with 564373637 versions of superman,batmen,spider-men and all other superheroes in 4637267362 ways through all media that exist...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Why was this thread resuscitated? There are about a million-and-one threads going over the exact same thing. In-fact, as much as I love superhero movies, half of these threads shouldn't exist.

I actually feel like the superhero movie genre is progressively getting better in the last few years. This is obviously mainly due to Marvel's string of pretty good to great films, but Nolan's proper revival of Batman gets huge props.

Then there's movies like Green Lantern.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I actually feel like the superhero movie genre is progressively getting better in the last few years. This is obviously mainly due to Marvel's string of pretty good to great films, but Nolan's proper revival of Batman gets huge props.

Then there's movies like Green Lantern.
Agreed.