What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think there's one in Belfast and that's it. Belfast is now 60 miles away.

I've moved, Belfast hasn't.

It's a shame. I liked browsing in a shop - Clicking through Amazon just isn't the same.
I know. We're so old. Remember record shops?

I used to spend every Saturday I could in here:

Bought and sold more tat in that place than I care to remember. Good to see Terri getting some recognition now too - He's done more for this place than a thousand flag-draped politicians.

I've even got a few 8-Tracks somewhere...

I just bought the whole mini serie Lonesone Dove on DVD for 5,75$ on amazon

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Yes, I suspect this is the popularity of streaming starting to take effect.
Pretty soon it will hardly be worth me leaving the house. When I went into town I used to feel like a king. Over the last 5 years or so though I've lost Silverscreen, The Music Zone, Borders, Woolworths and Zavvi. WH Smith cut down to hardly anything and now if the supermarkets throw in the towel.

All we have now, barring the supermarkets, is Xtra-Vision which is a movie rental chain and used to own Blockbusters UK. I'd stopped going to my old one for a couple of reasons - Online disc rental/streaming was cheaper and the manager of my local store was a monumental arse.

Might give my new local a try just for old time's sake. I think they're now owned by whatever company is picking over the bones of HMV and have rebranded some stores as Xtra-Vision/HMV. Doubt there'll be much of a change inside.

tom hanks in Big...because I no longer have a Blockbuster around me, and I rent it yearly...figured i would just buy it lol

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Where The Wild Things Are - $5.00 - I have been meaning to watch it for a while.
RoboCop - $3.00 - The remake comes out today, I am going to see it Friday, and I want to bitch about how it "ruined the original" like everyone else.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I just picked up Seventh Seal because I've rented it from Netflix twice now and it's been scratched to hell and back both times (seriously, neither time could I get more than ten minutes into the movie without it skipping).

The last couple are pre-orders. I'm liking Amazon Prime a lot, but my postman isn't - You buy a bag of washers and it's free next day signed-for delivery.

The band of brothers, because its a good movie with alot of history and bravery.

Vampire's Kiss

I was SO happy to find this today at a used DVD/book store.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	nicolasvampire.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	13064  

I just burned through the last of my tax return and bought X-men First Class, Resident Evil: Damnation, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, The Secret World of Arrietty and the Hunger games.

Psycho 3 to round out my collection.

It doesn't get much attention, but the trilogy is actually quite solid. I suspect Bates Motel (which is great IMO) will generate some interest in the older films.