Coolest Opening Credits sequence?

Tools    

Originally posted by spudracer

Memento
How could I forget Mementos opening credits!!! yes, definitely up there with Se7en for me.

I can't believe neither myself nor anyone else mentioned the opening credit sequence to Almost Famous (I'm talking about the legal paid, not the ensuing "Chipmunk" Sequence).

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's been a couple of months since I've watched Almost Famous so it's opening sequence is not fresh in my head.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Fight club definately...camera running through edward norton's brain coming out of his nose up the barrell of the gun (along to the dust brothers pounding soundtrack)...quality.

Se7en too - well whatcha expect same director

Both are by Ritchie, but I believe the only person that stars in both is Vinnie Jones
Brick top had a crap part in the first one as his fathers friend...
Jason Statham - turkish was in lock stock as Bacon
Jason Flemying - one of the pikies in snatch was Tom in lock stock

those are the ones I know of.

As well as ritchie it was also produced by the same bloke as well...

Snatch doesn't STAR Jason Flemying.
His role as "Darren" in Snatch is almost a mistake.

He rocked up on set to take photographs, and to quote Ritchie in the commentary: "Somehow he weaseled his way into the bloody film..."

Unsure if that's true or not.

Great question. I never think about the credits of a movie unless I'm actually watching it at that moment, so I am probably forgetting some great ones.

Seven
The Terminator
T2
Conan the Barbarian
The Last Dragon
X-Men
Superman and Superman II
Batman
Contact
Men in Black
Ghostbusters
Beetlejuice
Planet of the Apes (the new one)
Forrest Gump
Naken Gun
Dirty Dancing
and just about every James Bond film

Hannibal would be one mine. I'll try to think of a few more

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Trainspotting is a good one, with Renton and his crew running away from the police after robbing the bookstore. It's a twisted parody of the opening credit sequence of It's a Hard Day's Night.

Pulp Fiction, because halfway through the credits they change the radio from Dick Dale to "Jungle Boogie" by Kool and the Gang. "Get down with the boogie!"

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

IMO , Spawn.

I must become Caligari..!
What is this place, No one has mantiond The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I liked the way Pirates of the Carribbean opened up, with neither the disney or the bruckheimer logos displayed. I thought that was a very cool and smart move.

Also all of the recent Marvel movies have had cool credits sequences, I liked the Hulk's the best though.

Panic Room impressed me with its originality. Now others are copying it without success.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I think it has to be Lord of the Rings..

A system of cells interlinked
Batman
Panic Room
Seven
Minority Report
Kiss Me Deadly
Brazil

Feed me breadcrumbs
Yeah, the fight club OC was pretty cool as were the X flicks OC's done by the same dude (and no, I don't know his name). But honourable mentions should go to the wild bandito who come up with the sequences for Spiderman (golly gosh Batman that movie sucked!) and The Hulk.

Fight Club and Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

Like "Speed" I like the opening of that even through it is very long!and the old Star Wars I like the beginning of that one!Willow has a dark opening!
"Lord of the Rings" is good too I like the dark and then the words and the music of the first and second one it is sad music but it fits the movies reallly g ood!
and that is it I guess!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Spiderman's opening credits were pretty cool

For me it would be every James Bond movie and Spiderman.