Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Noob, First post. I just watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

It looked alright, but I didn't expect much. The plot is a little convoluted though. I think they were making a statement about the oil-transaction-supported-dollar, but it was a little vague and unless you knew what they meant I don't think most people (like my cousin who saw it with me) will know what they're talking about.

That said, it moves fairly well. The issues with the girlfriend were also a little hard to believe, but I could live with all it.

It was interesting, suspenseful, and kept me wanting more throughout. This isn't exactly my normal type of movie either, (something I'd usually watch on cable or something).

8/10.
Welcome,nice review.

Triangle-I enjoyed it,my type of movie,thriller,mystery ...Story is perfect,plot twists are epic,acting was ok,nothing special,it is short movie but every second is good planed,in the end everything comes to its place,I think you won't see ending coming.Different characters,you don't care about some,while you want others to escape.Honestly when I started watching I didn't thought movie will play out like this,you really should watch this if you are fan of thrillers/mystery,even if you are just fan of good movies you should watch it,you won't like it as much as fans of genre will but you will have good time...You can see some parts coming and that is bad at some moments,when you find out what is going on you can see pretty much everything coming,I still didn't saw ending coming,some parts were epic also,atmosphere of the movie is wonderful and that whole "they are just toys they can only run" part is awesome,you really see how they are just prey...This movie reminded me of older Resident Evil games(my fav games) and some other good movies...Again you can see some parts happening so that takes away from the movie but all in all good one.

VERDICT-8-10

A Single Shot (2013)
A poorly scripted and mostly tiresome little drama, which had nothing new or original to offer.

5/10
I was thinking about getting this tonight on pay-per-view. I'll at least wait until it's free now.

Khumba, 3.5/5. Even though it's a Madagascar 2 rip-off, it's actually not horrible. The animation is actually pretty good and voice acting is pretty top notch as well considering I had low expectations for it. The villain was pretty weak though and there were a lot of moments where things just happened with a convincing reason for them to. Overall it's not bad. Certainly not the worst mockbuster out there.

Superman Unbound, 2/5. As far as it's characters go, it's actually fairly good, until you get to brainiac. I've never seen such a poor and weak version of him. Taking part of a planet and storing it in his ship, not killing everyone, being from a planet other than Kyrpton. It's okay to take some liberates with a character but this one is so different, and almost tame compared to the Brainiac I know that it makes him uninteresting. There were also a lot of missed opportunities to give some characters some interesting developmental moments and the ending kind of left me wondering what supergirl will be doing next, and not in a way I enjoyed. It was just really odd and not nearly as good as it should have been.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

A Single Shot (2013)
A poorly scripted and mostly tiresome little drama, which had nothing new or original to offer.

5/10
What a shame, considering its promising cast.

DBZ, Battle of the Gods. 4.5/5. Surprisingly, it got me excited for something DBZ which hasn't happened since I was a kid so that was nice. The music was also really good. It did take a lot of time away from the battle for the sake of angering Bills, which wasn't really as funny as it was supposed to be. The animation is amazing and honestly, if DBZ were ever redone with that kind of animation, I'd probably actually watch it again. That anime has needed to look like that for year. It was just a lot of fun.

Unregistered User

Brother 2 (2002) - As recomended by Gabrielle.
Danila plans his trip to America for the revenge of a friend who was killed by gangsters in this sequal of 1997's Brother. Decent action and a pretty well shot film if not a bit fantastical but it does have a very good ending. Just checked up on IMDB to learn that the lead character Sergey Bodrov Jr was caught in an avalanche in 2002 and was never found.

7/10

DBZ, Battle of the Gods. 4.5/5. Surprisingly, it got me excited for something DBZ which hasn't happened since I was a kid so that was nice. The music was also really good. It did take a lot of time away from the battle for the sake of angering Bills, which wasn't really as funny as it was supposed to be. The animation is amazing and honestly, if DBZ were ever redone with that kind of animation, I'd probably actually watch it again. That anime has needed to look like that for year. It was just a lot of fun.
Do you watch any anime shows currently?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Olympus Has Fallen

I found this to be a very mediocre action flick. It wasn't horrible, nor was it anything refreshing to me. It was just "meh".

I liked Butler's character reasonably enough, he was your typical protagonist, trying to prove something on his own. Even the kid wasn't remotely annoying. Two characters who I really didn't care for, however, were the President and Butler's wife. One was incompetent, and other was completely unnecessary. I was planning on really going in depth into this, but I decided this movie wasn't worth that kind of effort.

The main villain is the most generic thing you could have come up with. I'm sure most MoFos here could have come up with a more interesting villain than what this movie went for. Talk about typing "generic movie villain" into Google and adding a North Korean title to it.

The action scenes in this were somewhat interesting. I appreciated that they didn't hold off on killing innocent people, it actually added some weight to what was happening. But at the same time, I really didn't see anything new or innovative either. Butler killing an unarmed hostage out of nowhere had me raising my eyebrows. Perhaps in some situations that's actually allowed, but I was under the impression that it's a war crime lol.

Anyways, this is a very forgettable movie, not really worth a watch unless you're really bored one night and need your fill of mindless action. People who like to "study" movies while watching them will be nitpicking the s*** out this, I can guarantee that much haha.

6/10

BTW, Morgan Freeman was completely underused in this. He slept his way through an easy paycheque.

Monsters (2010)- great cinematography for a independent, big monster movie, however....you can only NOT show the monsters actually interacting with the human environment SO long....and the jounrney with the characters was decent enough to see if anything happened....but again....nothing really happened......It was apparent they used the loc-AL to their budgetary constraints which worked for a back drop.....just nothing happened.... 6/10

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 8/10 (2013)
I'm a huge Tolkien fan, and I understand the purist negative view that these "prequels" are padded out (and I think they are), but for some reason it doesn't bother me. The Lord of the Rings movies were almost perfection for me, so I've been satisfied going into the first two Hobbits, knowing Peter Jackson's tone . The Hobbit was actually written as a children's book so I get the lighter tone, especially in the first film. But this one is darker than the first and I really got into it more. The battle with the spiders in Mirkwood was great, the elves battling the orcs along the river (not in the book) was super action, but the extreme awesomeness was held for the last third of the movie, with Smaug the dragon. Great visuals and awesome voice characterization by Benedict Cumberbatch. I was hoping the whole story of Smaug would be concluded here, but of course they are stretching it out for the last film. That, and the fact that the character of Beorn was given short-shrift keep me from giving this a 9/10. Of course Beorn will most probably get more time when the obvious extended-version is released on DVD, after the first DVD version. Sorry, but I only bought the first Blu-Ray version and not the later extended DVD of the first Hobbit movie. I'm not waiting to pay more for a movie that will become even more extended than it should have been in the first place. Like I said, I'm enjoying them but I think they could have easily been two movies.

Walk, Don't Run 7/10 (1966)
This is famous mainly for being Cary Grant's final film, as he retired after this, but it shouldn't get the shaft otherwise. It's a light-hearted comedy/romance with Grant as a businessman in Japan during the Olympics looking for a place to rent as he's too early to get his plush hotel room. He finds a place to share with a reluctant Samantha Eggar (who is all kinds of lovely in this), who in turn sets a lot of inconvenient rules down for Cary. After he's adjusted, he runs into a young man, Jim Hutton, who is in the same situation that Cary was, needing a room to stay in. Cary rather rudely splits his rooming arrangement with Hutton, much to the dismay of Eggar. Lots of fun shenanigans arise from this situation, and if you think you've seen it before, you probably have, but the cast, especially Grant, lift it above the material and make it a good time.

God Is The Bigger Elvis 9/10 (2012)
Short film about former actress Delores Hart (Where the Boys Are, Loving You, etc) who left her career behind in 1963 to join a convent. She was engaged at the time and needless to say, her fiance was devastated by her decision. The film chronicles her decision for this life change with old pictures and film of her entering the convent, plus clips/pics of her films. This is a non-judgmental journey through her life, mostly as a nun. She is now the Prioress of the convent (even though I was raised Catholic I have no idea what ranking that is) and seems to have quite a bit of a leadership position. Nuns who are still taking their vows come to her when they are troubled or doubting their calling. Hart is of course now in her 70's but still has piercing blue eyes and seems kind and loaded with compassion for all the nuns who have doubts, which is understandable as Hart went through the exact same troubles. The last ten or fifteen minutes are the most heart-wrenching as the former actress meets up with her former fiance. He never married after their breakup and up to the time of the film, continued visiting Hart every year at the convent. The film is very touching and amped up my interest in Hart's movie career. This film was nominated for Best Documentary, Short Subject at the Academy Awards in 2012 but didn't win. Still, at only 45 minutes, a very worthy and lovely film.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Nausicaa Valley of the Wind 6/10

Disappointed, because Spirited Away is in my top 50 and this was my 2nd Miyazaki film. I still want to see more though.

Nausicaa Valley of the Wind 6/10

Disappointed, because Spirited Away is in my top 50 and this was my 2nd Miyazaki film. I still want to see more though.
Haven't seen Nausicaa myself, but that's too bad.

I would go for Princess Mononoke next myself. A number of people consider it weaker than Spirited Away, but I found it to be very enjoyable, with a good replay value. Especially if you're into a bit of swordsmanship and action.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Haven't seen Nausicaa myself, but that's too bad.

I would go for Princess Mononoke next myself. A number of people consider it weaker than Spirited Away, but I found it to be very enjoyable, with a good replay value. Especially if you're into a bit of swordsmanship and action.
Castle in the Sky looks promising too.

This movie is even better when you watch it second time,Nolan is my fav director,he is making my fav movie genre,I like this type of movies so that makes his movies even more enjoyable for me.I have two movies he made in my top ten list,Inception and The Dark Knight,if it was top 20 movies,I would have at least 2 more movies he made in that list...Yea let's talk about movie itself.Story was awesome,perfect story telling,I mean going from end to start of movie is big thing and they made it so good,characters are wonderful,things can change so fast,atmosphere is good,when you come to end you are just...wow,did this happen,did I got this right?That mystery/thriller part is working in awesome ways.Every actor played his role,they were so good,that "side" story was perfect and in the end everything comes to its place...Nolan again made pure gold,it is regular thing now,he never made bad or regular movie,every movie he made was huge thing,some people like it more some people don't like it so much but he makes so good movies in the end...All in all masterpiece,brilliant...

VERDICT 9.5-10!

Finished here. It's been fun.

he never made bad or regular movie

VERDICT 9.5-10!
Thats certainly debatable.