POLL: Interest Level in Charlie's Angels

Tools    

Didn't see it.
Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Cameron Diaz, Bill Murray, Tim Curry, and John Forsythe all star in the movie version of Charlie's Angels that comes out 11/3.

Check out the Official Site.

Didn't see it.
Strange. It's not called a POLL on the forum page.

Yeah, that's not automatic - it's just sort of a general rule of sorts to put "POLL: " before your title if it's a poll, to let people know it is. If someone forgets I just edit it myself, as I did now.

I voted for "Medium" - any interest stems from the fact that it looks comedic and lighthearted...doesn't take itself too seriously.

Needless to say, I think we can expect sunfrog and Peter (OG-) taking part in this thread very shortly debating over which of the Angels they would most like to see more of.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
We'll Chris your right. But out of all three of those ladies, I don't think any of them are particularly very attractive. I mean they all are, but I don't find anything special about them. None compare to Denise Richards. But about the movie, I voted highly. This movie looks pretty damn cool. It'll probably be cheesy, but I don't care I like action better than acting. And Bill Murray is a cool guy. I saw him when he filmed the movie about the Elephant. He waved at me, and that's my encounter with a celebrity.

You've got a thing for Richards I suppose...

I have some claims to fame - my father and stepmother once saw James Earl Jones in an airport in San Francisco! He's a mega-star...would love to meet him.

I've also been backstage at a Weird Al concert! I've got a whole huge *AMAZING* story about it to tell if anyone would like to hear it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Do tell the story, I'm going to start a new forum about this though. This one should be Charlies Angle stuff. Oh and yes I have a thing for the hottie that is Denise Richards.

Didn't see it.
Did anybody see it?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
nope haven't seen it. voted medium if only because it didn't look like it would take itself seriously. which i hope is the case because I was CRACKING up at the trailers i saw -- how they were doing they're little "martial arts" arm gestures and flipping and crap and then they were stealing the matrix slo-mo movement ... and then bill murray's facing the camera and he kind of swerves away with one of those classic indescribable but funny expressions on his face ... i couldn't take this movie seriously if I tried.

Didn't see it.
It looks like it is supposed to be pretty hammy.

I was the guy who voted "Who Cares?" in this poll, and yet I saw it on opening day. I guess I did care. (I liked it, too).

That doesn't surprise me much - it looks as if it has a lot of "fun" potential - mind posting a quick synopsis over in the Movie Reviews forum, Ryan?

I did post a little tidbit about the film over there (there being the Movie Reviews forum). I guess I could be more specific if anyone really wants me to.

Doh! I didn't see it - my bad. Thanks for the review - well-written and to the point. Glad to had a good time...perhaps I'll go see it, looks like fun. My parents, of course, would suspect some, uh, "alterior motive" for it.

Hey! I resemble that remark.
I want to see this movie, hehehe. I think Denise Richards should be in every movie ever made. Lol! My concern is that that slo-mo, hang by wires kung-fu is getting overdone these days. I like it but it has to be realistic, like it could be something the actor really did. Stuff like, jump up kick 8 times, cock your shotgun 3 times and shoot down a helicopter while doing a backflip and catching a bomb detonator in one hand is NOT realistic. Who the heck is THAT coordinated? Mostly I'm ranting againts music videos. Please, some flabby rapper girl doing jump kicks and a flip while she busts a dance move and pose in mid-air. Ugh! Geeze!