Your favorite scene

Tools    

I am really into animated films, I prefer over them everything else these days. Going by that, I think my current favorite is a toss up between Po finding out about his past in Kung Fu Panda 2, the "I see the Light" sequence from Tangled or scene from Ponyo when the two main characters wake up the day after the storm. All of them are pretty enjoyable for one reason or another.

A few to start with:

WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below

The Thing from Another World (1951)

Discovering the 'crashed aircraft' is round.

King Kong (1976)

Kong walking through the jungle to get his 'bride'
Upon reaching the pulpit, his display and the silence after it

The discussion on the boat regarding the island and the old stories of what lives there. "From thy wedding with the creature who touches Heaven, lady, God preserve thee."

Discovering the wall

The scene in 'Almost Famous' when everyone is on the bus after fighting about the t-shirts, and then 'Tiny Dancer' comes on the radio and they all start singing along, and everyones anger just evaporates, and they remember why they started in the first place - just for the love of the music (well that's my interpretation of it anyway!). I love that scene, its beautiful

Or the scene in Shawshank Redemption when Tim Robbins stands in the river and lets it rain on him. Great scene.

City Slickers

Bruno Kirby's speech about his best day and his worst day. Comedies shouldn't be able to move you like that.

That was a great speech, thanks for the reminder.

The shooting of the McBain family in Once Upon A Time In The West.

The television set scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

The processing scene in The Master.

The boxing match in City Lights. (Genius...)

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

the final dog chase scene in the sandlot
the scene when tom hanks' character takes the woman from work back to his childish apartment in BIG
not a movie, but the scene in Fresh Prince where Will smith says "Why doesn't he want me" (talking about his dad) and Uncle Phil (RIP) steps in for a hug.