Jeff Bridges in True Grit

Tools    

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Anyone find Jeff Bridges unintelligible. I had to stop watching the movie because I simply couldn't understand what he was saying. Here's a very short and funny youtube that shows what I'm talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=MFHwG8ikZAY

put subtitles on. I thought it was a good move and definitely worth a watch.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I suppose I could do that but I don't understand how a movie can be released with an unintelligible lead character. I searched and found that I'm not the only one who didn't understand Bridges at all and it truly boggles my mind that anyone actually did.

Yeah I also thought he was hard to understand. I used subtitles lol

On the other hand, I understood every word he muttered/mumbled/barked, from the first time I saw it in the theater (and I saw it three times there). But, yeah, in the age of subtitles on your home media, there is an easy fix for you.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Strange...I don't even have especially good hearing but I didn't have any problems with him. Is the sound system doing OK?

I think I'd be most confident in Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence. They both have so many years left, especially Lawrence.