Pets

Tools    

I can't even imagine what he would have done if I had moved Gidget in like I had planned on.

want to have a Sheep Shepard....
really want ... look forward to have it.

Just did a quick, last minute Christmas shoot. Usually I put up some kind of backdrop to absorb the camera flash, but didn't feel like it so you'll have to forgive the reflection on the wall and the harsh shadows.

The Stoney Crusty Dude:

Linkovich Chomofsky:

Lolli:

And I took Thanksgiving pics awhile ago but apparently never did anything with them, so here they are a month late.

How do those cats get along with the rats?

The rat cage is kept in a room that the cats aren't allowed to go in. They're never allowed to interact directly, though in the past I've allowed previous rats to interact with the cats through the cage. It's never been a problem. Tiny Tim, the older cat (shorthair), isn't interested in them at all anyway but this particular group of rats is very nervous in general so I don't want to stress them out. They're all rescues and they never got properly socialized by the people that had them before me.

Seems fair ) How did they use to interact?What happened when they see each other?

I love the picture of the shorthair cat.Looks so humiliated and depressed.

Seems fair ) How did they use to interact?What happened when they see each other?
The cats would rub up against the side of the cage and the rats would be on the other side of the bars pulling out clumps of cat hair with their mouths and paws.

There were a couple of incidents many years ago when I forgot that the cat I had at the time, who was very elderly, was asleep on my bed. I often let the rats run around on my bed for playtime and while I clean out the cage. The first time I forgot about the cat, I put one of my rats on the bed and she immediately flung herself onto the floor. So I put her back and did it again. She flung off again. I put her back. She did it again and then I realized why. Oops. The second time it happened was with a different rat, one that was extremely well socialized and not afraid of anything. I put him on the bed and started cleaning the cage. When I finished and turned around to get him to put him back, I found him standing on top of my cat grooming himself. I nearly had a heartattack at the sight, but my cat just stared at my rat with a really confused look on his face.

Click image for larger version

Name:	166469_1727549477466_4728367_n_zpsf514a04c.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	12287

Trying to wrap my kitty up for Christmas. He was not amused haha

Here is my dog Boris and his Girlfriend Sassy finishing their walk, they have to sit get their leeds on and then they both get a treat.
Oh and yes that is me with the Australian accent.

&feature=youtu.be

Here is my dog Boris and his Girlfriend Sassy finishing their walk, they have to sit get their leeds on and then they both get a treat.

What accent?????

I think Boris is related to my dog, he has selective hearing as well!

The Stoney Crusty Dude

Linkovich Chomofsky

Lolli (the only one I could get to stay in the box)
Aww cool we used to have rats when our sons were young. They're great pets for kids. Our four were very like your middle one.

I think they make great pets for adults, too. Affectionate, intelligent, less work than a dog and not likely to cause your neighbors to complain.

&feature=youtu.be
So cute! Great to have a beach to walk on too Nebbs. I've been thinking of that earlier when I was tramping over our waterlogged fields!

The first one's my dog Shep, the second is Harley my son & daughter in laws dog. The third is both of them in the fields and the last one is for Miss Vicky - it's our old dog Mollie with two of our rats Malik and Lilli RIPs