Fuze's Top 100 Redux!!!!

→ in
Tools    

Give me all of your candy!
79.) My Fair Lady

Fun, charming, and witty. An all-time favorite of mine! Cannot get enough Audrey in your life!

78.) Jurassic Park

I still to this day remember the first time I saw this in theaters and that glass of water started trembling with the footsteps of death. What a terrific film with some of the best special effects to date and memorable scenes, one after another!

77.) Taxi Driver

Iconic. Brilliant. Classic. De Niro blazes the screen up in one of his best roles ever, if not his best. "You talkin' to me?"

Love Jurassic Park.

I watched My Fair Lady on TV once and enjoyed it enough to buy the DVD, but then never watched it again. Didn't care for Taxi Driver, though I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Jurassic Park is a great film whose special effects really hold up even today (like Terminator 2, it's the mix of cg and physical effects that creates a seamless illusion of modern-day dinosaurs).

I have only seen Taxi Driver once, a long while back. I thought that it was just okay, but it's high on my rewatch list. I will probably enjoy it more now, for a second time, than I did when I first saw it.

76.) Trainspotting

Chilling imagery, fun dialogue, and some trippy ass scenes, this movie is a powerful experience. The neglected baby still gives me nightmares to this day.

75.) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

A brilliant end to a fabulous story, breathtaking visuals and a soundtrack worthy of praise in itself, this film is just epic.

74.) It

As big a Tim Curry fan I am, that clown made me piss the bed so many childhood nights. This and Killer Klowns from Outer Space solidified my hatred for clowns, but that doesn't change the fact that this movie is still being popped into my DVD player all the clown-hating time. What can I say....I love to be scared!

Finished here. It's been fun.
Trainspotting is solid, love LoTR:ROTK, and "It" is one of my favorite childhood films. The first half of "It" is genuinely fantastic and extremely well made, its the second half I feel falls apart. Pennywise was absolutely terrifying to me back when I was younger.

73.) The Sandlot

There is one thing you will learn about me....I love a good children-driven movie! This will NOT be the last one, I promise! Great snappy dialogue, fun scenes and good music, this movie is awesome! "YOU'RE KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!!!!"

72.) The 'Burbs

If you have not seen this awesome Tom Hanks film, grab it up, because this paranoia-driven dark comedy is worth it! LOVE IT!

71.) Kung Fu Hustle

Good, silly fun with some hilarious characters such as The Landlady who make this film so damn fun! Check it out sometime if you haven't!
It isn't for everyone, but it is for me!

70.) Mrs. Doubtfire

A simply delightful family comedy, this should be on every DVD shelf everywhere! Fun times every time I watch it!

69.) The Big Lebowski

All hail The Dude! One of the coolest characters ever put on screen and an awesome story, this is one of my favorite comedies ever!

68.) The Departed

The scene depicted in the picture above is one of my all-time favorites. What an ensemble cast. Great direction, awesome story, slick dialogue, gruesome scenes, it has everything. Amazing
movie!

Lord High Filmquisitor
I think that Lucas really nailed by It doesn't quite work for me, the same reason why I don't absolutely love A Nightmare on Elm Street: the first half of the movie is far less intense than he second half. It starts out fairly strong, but quickly (and dramatically) loses steam after the first 20 or so minutes.

Return of the King would have easily been my favorite of the trilogy if it just wouldn't have stumbled so much. It reduced Legolas to the stater of the obvious, Gimli to comic relief, suffered from too many "fade out" endings and had that terrible skull-avalanche scene. The rest of it was fantastic, however, even without The Scourging of the Shire (whose exclusion I simultaneously understand). It's still a high 9.5/10 for me.

The Sandlot is easily one of the best coming of age films out there (my personal favorite being Mud). It's a movie that I always enjoy rewatchi.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Mrs. Doubtfire is always a fun movie to watch: equal parts outrageous comedy and heartwarming drama. It's another endlessly rewatchable film.

The Departed is another 10/10 favorite of mine: complex, moving, brilliantly directed / acted. It is easily my favorite Jack Nicholson performance (the first among equals), Matt Damon performance and Mark Whalberg performance. It's also has as good of DiCaprio and Baldwin performances as you could have hoped for from any movie. It's only downside is that it does drag somewhat in the final third / quarter of the film.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The pic for Jurassic Park is actually from The Lost World.

EDIT - I'm wrong.

Well, you get the gist of it! Big dinosaur, smaller vehicles!

Love The Sandlot, The Big Lebowski and The Departed, all of which are on my own top 100.

Also enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire, though it's not a favorite.

Taxi Driver is number two on my favorites list and The Departed is pretty high up there too. I also really like The Big Lebowski, Trainspotting, Jurassic Park, and It. Haven't seen the rest.

67.) Independence Day

Good, solid entertainment with a cool cast, cannot really go wrong with this blockbuster! Always one of my favorites!

66.) Shawshank Redemption

Not only one of my faves, but one of the best movies I have ever seen. Great direction, acting, and characters make for a great time every revisit.

65.) Forrest Gump

A great tale of a man who truly captured my heart as a teenager. Honest, compelling, and a truly heart-driven journey. I love every second of this film!