Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Originally I passed on seeing this in the theater due to the fact that I thought it would be a tween version of Battle Royale. After seeing the film, I do regret not seeing it on the big screen. Yes social commentary about youth in Japan was stronger in that film and it was far more violent. But violence is not everything in movies. I thought this was a very good film in it's own right and should not be known as just "America's Battle Royale."

I liked the survival elements, I liked that they trained the contestants instead of just dropping a crap ton of kids into the kill zone. Though that direction for Battle Royale went toward the "kids behaving badly" commentary. And I think Jennifer Lawerence was very good in the film. Also it is nice to see a female protagonist that is defined more by her actions and personality and less due to looks. An anti Megan Fox if you will.

While certain things did annoy me like the use of the shaky cam for the very first scenes, and they really could have pulled back during certain action scenes. But over all, a good movie. And now that I have seen this movie, I will see the sequel in the theater.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
It's bad dude. I suggest you don't ever watch it. It's a complete failure.The acting performances are wooden,the story is laughable, and the movie just feels extremely derivative and generic.There are like two scenes that I'd consider okay. I'd give it around a 4/10.He's being generous giving it a 5/10 lol.
Hehehhe,I had same problems with movie as you did,I didn't want to give it 3or4 cuz we have movies like Batman and Robin, Twilight so i don't know what to give them,this movies is really bad but i can't compare it to Batman and Robin that is just cruel o.0...

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Wow, a 5/10! I haven't watched that movie yet, but it sounds bad...
It is bad,just don't watch it,if I played part in this movie you whould see better acting,if we create thread and write story,we whould done it better.

nice your froum site post.

'myn bala warriors of the steppe'

Movie was good. Was it a foreign language with English subtitles. It had betrayal, violence and romance.

Watched the feel good film of "We Bought A Zoo" with the girlfriend who enjoyed the film alot.

Wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be and thought Damon and Johansson both played their roles very well.

Finished here. It's been fun.

After Hours is a deliciously odd black comedy from Scorsese. It deals with a man who in an attempt to get laid with a cute girl ends up experiencing strange people and quite possibly the worst night one could ever have. It's hilarious,strange and quite eerie at points because it's something we can relate to. I give it a
. It kind of reminds me of films like Blue Velvet and Eyes Wide Shut in a way.Naive main protagonist experiencing a hidden underbelly of society he wouldn't experience on the regular basis.

I am glad I decided to give this film series a chance. The first movie was good, but this was better! Not as much action then the first, but a lot more intrigue and twists. While the first one was much more of a struggle to survive, this became more of a chess match or an episode of the HBO series Rome. With far less nudity and cursing mind you.

Also, not as much shacky cam! And none that I could tell in the non action scenes. Seems someone invested in a damn tripod. Also the "love triangle" was not some annoying Twilight BS. Two guys both from different parts of Katniss' life, but each with at least some kind of appeal. The childhood friend and one born from bonds of combat. Granted one is made up for reasons explained in the movie, but that is a different story. Either way, a very good continuation, and I look forward to the final two installments which seem to be breaking up the final book into two pieces.

Stolen Summer
I haven't heard about this movie before and I think it is a good movie. I really enjoyed watching it.

Flight with Denzel Washington. 7.5/10

Blood Simple is in few words absolutely brilliant. It is an absolutely incredible thriller, and one of the best directorial debuts I have ever seen. It is an assured,intelligent and perfectly calculated piece of filmmaking.The basic premise is a man hires a hitman to murder his cheating wife and lover, and man does everything go wrong. You think the film is going one way but then it completely changes direction in the blink of an eye.Its such a simple premise turned into an astonishingly entertaining and riveting thriller.Those Coen Brothers really are something else. I give it
+,equivalent to an 8.5/10.

Seeking A Friend for the End of the World

I thought it was a beautiful film; funny, touching, thought provoking, and Scary. I never thought I liked Keira Knightley, but I loved her in this. Steve Carell was perfect.

It kind of reminds me of films like Blue Velvet and Eyes Wide Shut in a way.Naive main protagonist experiencing a hidden underbelly of society he wouldn't experience on the regular basis.
When I saw Eyes Wide Shut I thought about this film too, very similar in its dreamlike/surrealistic style in which a male protagonist travels between various odd places, some that can't be logically explained.

Blood Simple is in few words absolutely brilliant. It is an absolutely incredible thriller, and one of the best directorial debuts I have ever seen. It is an assured,intelligent and perfectly calculated piece of filmmaking.The basic premise is a man hires a hitman to murder his cheating wife and lover, and man does everything go wrong. You think the film is going one way but then it completely changes direction in the blink of an eye.Its such a simple premise turned into an astonishingly entertaining and riveting thriller.Those Coen Brothers really are something else. I give it
+,equivalent to an 8.5/10.
Saw this a couple of weeks ago too, a great little film I agree, although probably don't give it as high, I love the comedic elements to it, the last scene/line is hilarious

Lord High Filmquisitor
My sister and I showed my brother TRON, which he had somehow never seen. Despite the profoundly dated special effects, nothing about the movie fails to work. I am always surprised about how the movie visually looks just fine (even if TRON: Legacy showed us how much better it could look with modern special effects). Exciting, funny and very clever (especially as an alagory for religious persecution), it's always a fun watch. 7/10

Last night's Christmas fare was A Christmas Story, the second-beat Christmas comedy. Endlessly hilarious and intimitely relatable, it's high reputation is well earned. 9/10

The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly is a legendary western and what do i think of it? I think it's great. I started watching this at 2 AM last night and watched it all the way through with no problems. You just don't see movies like this anymore. The beautiful wide shots of deserts and large empty plains, the costumes and detail, the epic scale of the sets and locations. You feel so immersed inside the story's world, you can practically feel like you are there.The story is interesting for sure, but it does drag a bit in places. It's a very long film so thats to be expected, but there were scenes I thought could have been cut down or shortened however.The characters are extremely memorable though.Whether its the greedy Tuco, or the silent badas* "Man with no Name". It's definitely a Leone western I'll tell you that. Overall I give it a
. I think its a great movie, but not quite a masterpiece.

Stagecoach

Pretty good western, if a little disappointing considering it's one of the westerns that supposedly defined the genre. I was never truly blown away or anything until the outstanding and mindblowingly good climax (especially for its time), and then the film takes another dive in quality with an excess twenty minutes of nothing. Either way, this is essential viewing for any fans of the genre, if only to see the beginning of one of the great duos in cinema, John Ford and John Wayne.

3.5/5

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I think its a great movie, but not quite a masterpiece.
It's not quite a masterpiece, because it is A masterpiece.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.