The Secret Life of cinemaafficionado

Tools    

During our nearly hour (!) long call, CA claimed the following things:
  • He watches two movies a day.
  • He speaks six languages, including "some people have never heard of."
  • He was good friends with Donald Scott, toilet paper magnate.
  • He once had a hit put out on him.
  • He's friends with Larry Flynt.
  • He works for Blackwater Executive Protection.
  • He holds a High School track record in Japan (he gave me the exact time).
  • He's been with "hundreds" of women over the last several years.
  • He's been with many high class Geishas, the type usually reserved for politicians.
  • He's writing a book about his life. Which I will absolutely read.
Many, many times during the call he offered extraneous details about all the claims above, despite my continually reminding him that just going into further specifics wouldn't prove anything.

I asked him about working for Blackwater and tried to explain that it was an exceptional claim, to which he replied "I'm an exceptional person."

He talked about Donald Scott, in particular, quite a bit. Scott was killed in a drug raid a number of years back. He said he met him in Malibu, I think it was, because he was swimming with a girl who turned out to be his babysitter. She invited him back and he and Scott played chess and became friends. I summarized this back to him to demonstrate how unusual it sounded: "You're saying you became friends with an eventually infamous toilet paper magnate by swimming with his babysitting in Malibu and then playing chess with him?" His response: "Well I didn't just swim with her..." I'm not making this up.

For example, he told me a little factoid about Larry Flynt. I pointed out that either a) it's not a publicly known fact about him, in which case you can say whatever you want and I can't verify it, or b) it's a fact, but a little hard to find, in which case you volunteered it just because it's something you happen to know. Another time he tried to prove himself by giving me a question to ask him. I pointed out that he can't feed me the question he uses to prove his truthfulness. The only thing close to a test would be for me to ask him something he ought to know quickly enough that he wouldn't have time to look it up.

And guess what? I got to do just that. I pointed out to him that everything he was saying about Scott (and it was quite a bit) were easily found on Wikipedia; I knew because I had the page open. So when he mentioned Scott's first wife, and I noticed she wasn't mentioned by name on the Wikipedia page, I pounced: "What was his first wife's name?" Probably 5-10 seconds of silence followed. He tried to remember, but couldn't.

I asked him, point blank, if he was willing to provide any corroborating evidence for any of this. He talked more about how he had to remain anonymous (because of the hit put out on him!). I pointed out that it was kind of weird to say he could post a photo of himself from a few years ago, and a photo of his girlfriend, but not of a photo of him standing next to his girlfriend. I pointed out that if he's trying to remain anonymous it'd be bizarre to divulge where he works, what countries he's visiting, and where he holds high school track records. He seemed somewhat compelled by this, and hemmed and hawed about the possibility of posting some photos when he got back to his computer, which is apparently going to be in January.

So...that happened.

Reminds me of a guy I know... last week apparently he had a fight with 30 people and came out without a scratch...

He's also claimed to have lost pool matches as his opponent dished him. "Dished" means they pot everything without the other person having a single shot.
We were all like "Dude, we were watching that match, he didn't dish you, you had at least 7 shots and messed them all up"
But he'll stand his ground and deny having a single go: "He dished me. He broke off and cleared up. I never had a shot"

"We were watching!!"

Pseudologia Fantastica indeed.

The People's Republic of Clogher
This made me actu-laugh.

Speaking of which, pretty much everyone has an open invitation to send me their phone number and have me call them and just ask them random questions. I'm dead serious. I'll just interview you.
I'll only do it if you sign a non-disclosure agreement first - Everyone can hear my answers but you're not allowed to broadcast the questions.

In all seriousness, that'd be a very cool thing to have on the site. You know where to find me.

During our nearly hour (!) long call, CA claimed the following things:
  • He watches two movies a day.
  • He speaks six languages, including "some people have never heard of."
  • He was good friends with Donald Scott, toilet paper magnate.
  • He once had a hit put out on him.
  • He's friends with Larry Flynt.
  • He works for Blackwater Executive Protection.
  • He holds a High School track record in Japan (he gave me the exact time).
  • He's been with "hundreds" of women over the last several years.
  • He's been with many high class Geishas, the type usually reserved for politicians.
  • He's writing a book about his life. Which I will absolutely read.
Many, many times during the call he offered extraneous details about all the claims above, despite my continually reminding him that just going into further specifics wouldn't prove anything.

I asked him about working for Blackwater and tried to explain that it was an exceptional claim, to which he replied "I'm an exceptional person."

He talked about Donald Scott, in particular, quite a bit. Scott was killed in a drug raid a number of years back. He said he met him in Malibu, I think it was, because he was swimming with a girl who turned out to be his babysitter. She invited him back and he and Scott played chess and became friends. I summarized this back to him to demonstrate how unusual it sounded: "You're saying you became friends with an eventually infamous toilet paper magnate by swimming with his babysitting in Malibu and then playing chess with him?" His response: "Well I didn't just swim with her..." I'm not making this up.

For example, he told me a little factoid about Larry Flynt. I pointed out that either a) it's not a publicly known fact about him, in which case you can say whatever you want and I can't verify it, or b) it's a fact, but a little hard to find, in which case you volunteered it just because it's something you happen to know. Another time he tried to prove himself by giving me a question to ask him. I pointed out that he can't feed me the question he uses to prove his truthfulness. The only thing close to a test would be for me to ask him something he ought to know quickly enough that he wouldn't have time to look it up.

And guess what? I got to do just that. I pointed out to him that everything he was saying about Scott (and it was quite a bit) were easily found on Wikipedia; I knew because I had the page open. So when he mentioned Scott's first wife, and I noticed she wasn't mentioned by name on the Wikipedia page, I pounced: "What was his first wife's name?" Probably 5-10 seconds of silence followed. He tried to remember, but couldn't.

I asked him, point blank, if he was willing to provide any corroborating evidence for any of this. He talked more about how he had to remain anonymous (because of the hit put out on him!). I pointed out that it was kind of weird to say he could post a photo of himself from a few years ago, and a photo of his girlfriend, but not of a photo of him standing next to his girlfriend. I pointed out that if he's trying to remain anonymous it'd be bizarre to divulge where he works, what countries he's visiting, and where he holds high school track records. He seemed somewhat compelled by this, and hemmed and hawed about the possibility of posting some photos when he got back to his computer, which is apparently going to be in January.

So...that happened.
First of all, if you are going to recount things, get them right.
I suppose the reason that you went to all this trouble is because you like to play " God " on these forums and love to control people with your " delete" and " edit " buttons.
You are the " God " of a little obscure forum on the internet but apparently it's not enough for you.
You need to make fun of and ridicule the credibility of individuals that you know are somewhat handicapped in their ability to fully defend themselves.
How boring your life must be when you have to question things that are doable. Just because you can't do them doesn't make them impossible:

Watching 2 movies a day
Speaking 6 languages ( and yeah, I doubt that most Americans know what Serbo-Croatian is).
Being friends with someone that might or might not be well known ( Donald Scott)
Knowing Larry Flynt
Working for a security agency ( not really that hard to get in if you have the right qualifications and can pass a background check )
Holding a High School track record ( which by the way is in my school transcript )
Being with a couple of hundred women in a about seven years
Being with Geishas ( doable if you have the right connections and you've lived in Japan for five years )

Anyway, exceptional stuff but certainly possible.
Of course without providing very specific information such as full identity disclosure, apparently not credible.

First of all, if you are going to recount things, get them right.
I did. You said every single one of those things.

I suppose the reason that you went to all this trouble is because you like to play " God " on these forums and love to control people with your " delete" and " edit " buttons.
In case anyone's curious, he's referring to the fact that he tried to go back and delete a bunch of his posts, and I removed his ability to do so temporarily. In other words, by playing God, he means basic forum moderation stuff.

You need to make fun of and ridicule the credibility of individuals that you know are somewhat handicapped in their ability to fully defend themselves.
How boring your life must be when you have to question things that are doable. Just because you can't do them doesn't make them impossible:
You're right. I wish I were half as creative as you.

And who says I can't be friends with toiler paper magnates?!? How dare you.

Anyway, exceptional stuff but certainly possible.
Of course without providing very specific information such as full identity disclosure, apparently not credible.
Full identity disclosure? Try any sort of corroborating evidence at all.

I did. You said every single one of those things.

In case anyone's curious, he's referring to the fact that he tried to go back and delete a bunch of his posts, and I removed his ability to do so temporarily. In other words, by playing God, he means basic forum moderation stuff.

You're right. I wish I were half as creative as you.

And who says I can't be friends with toiler paper magnates?!? How dare you.

Full identity disclosure? Try any sort of corroborating evidence at all.
The problem is you choose to debate someone when you have an obvious unfair advantage. You are an intelligent individual so why is it so hard for you to accept certain posibilities without someone necessarily having to corroborate .
Like I told you. Donald's babysitter and I met on the beach in Malibu. We became boyfriend and girlfriend. One day, I was dropping her off at work and Donald was outside. She introduced me. He invited me in, found out that I play chess and we became chess-player buddies among other things. The guy was a recluse and the few friends that he allowed to visit did not play chess. Anything strange or odd about that story?

You want corroboration, ok.
Frances Plant Scott was with Donald Scott when he got killed.
I was in Vegas. The next day she called me to come to the ranch (in Malibu) and stay with her for a few days. She was afraid that they were going to kill her, too.
Chris, I'm sure you can find a way to get in touch with her and ask her if she remembers me. You know my name.
If you really want to prove something, here is an opportunity to prove it and lay it to rest.

The problem is you choose to debate someone when you have an obvious unfair advantage.
This is a pretty terrible argument, because it's only true if I believe you in the first place. Otherwise, your need for anonymity is not a disadvantage, but highly convenient.

But really, there should be no chance for me to have this kind of "unfair advantage" even if you weren't making most of this up, because if you actually had to protect your identity for fear of freaking assassination (I know, I know, what's so hard to believe about that, right?), you wouldn't be posting most of this stuff in the first place.

You are an intelligent individual so why is it so hard for you to accept certain posibilities without someone necessarily having to corroborate .
That's precisely why it's hard for me to accept it.

Like I told you. Donald's babysitter and I met on the beach in Malibu. We became boyfriend and girlfriend. One day, I was dropping her off at work and Donald was outside. She introduced me. He invited me in, found out that I play chess and we became chess-player buddies among other things. The guy was a recluse and the few friends that he allowed to visit did not play chess. Anything strange or odd about that story?
You're actually asking me if there's anything strange or odd about seducing a woman in Malibu and befriending a reclusive toilet paper heir who throws elaborate parties and was killed in a drug raid?

By the way, what you're doing right now--the specific way you're trying to defend these claims--is exactly the way narcissists lie. They talk about how the lie is possible and not the sort of thing someone should be able to reasonably doubt, because in their minds the lie is something they could have done, even if they didn't.

You have just completely ignored the only living witness: Frances Plant Scott. She can fully corroborate my whole story but I don't think you want to go there. You just want to keep on with these hypothetical Yoda world observations.

You're actually asking me if there's anything strange or odd about seducing a woman in Malibu and befriending a reclusive toilet paper heir who throws elaborate parties and was killed in a drug raid?