Is it just me or does Anchorman 2 look like a waste of time?

Tools    

I've looked at the sequal to Anchorman and i must say, it looks pretty terrible. I', not even sure what the storyline is meant to be. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do a proper sequal instead of a prequal.
A much better storyline would be it is set in the 90's, or even 2000's and he's working at a major news station like CNN or FOX, or even started his own Internet news. Then the movie could be the guys getting themsleves into all sorts of crazy situations such as going to Iraq/Afganistan, going to meet the US President, etc. Instead it just seems like a bunch of reused jokes from the first movie.

Anyways has anyone already seen it? If so what did you think of it? Can you honestly say it is worth spending my hard earned money on it.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Wasn't the first movie a waste of time?. Anchor Man is what it is, it's a fun comedy, don't take it to serious.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I really enjoy the first Anchorman(it's one of my favorite comedies) but honestly this sequel does indeed look like a waste of time. Nothing that has been shown so far looks funny. Hopefully I'm wrong when I see it, but it looks like a cashgrab attempting to cash in on the popularity of it's superior predecessor.

Hopefully I'm wrong when I see it, but it looks like a cashgrab attempting to cash in on the popularity of it's superior predecessor.
Most sequels to movies not based on a book series are, especially when they wait this long to do it. Probably the best exception to that would be Toy Story 3, which waited 11 years, but used that to their advantage, and didn't screw around with content, either.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I'm giving this a chance. The critics seem to like it and I myself liked the first Anchorman quite a bit. I don't expect a masterpiece, but this should be solid fun.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I was excited to see it, but the trailers made it look like they simply took the treatment of the first movie and replaced every instance of "female" with "black." I will probably see it on dvd, though.

I'm guessing if you liked the first one then this has been aimed at you. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't, but if I was a fan I'd have to give it a go, unless I thought the first was a fluke.

I've looked at the sequal to Anchorman and i must say, it looks pretty terrible. I', not even sure what the storyline is meant to be. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do a proper sequal instead of a prequal.
A much better storyline would be it is set in the 90's, or even 2000's and he's working at a major news station like CNN or FOX, or even started his own Internet news. Then the movie could be the guys getting themsleves into all sorts of crazy situations such as going to Iraq/Afganistan, going to meet the US President, etc. Instead it just seems like a bunch of reused jokes from the first movie.

Anyways has anyone already seen it? If so what did you think of it? Can you honestly say it is worth spending my hard earned money on it.
Potential spoiler alert

I have seen it first off it's not a prequal it's set after the first one and the crew goes to work for a CNN type station and he basically turns the news into the crap it is today with stupid stories of celebrities and car chases instead of actual news. All in all I thought it was quite funny in fact a couple scenes had me on the verge of crying.

I didn't like the first one.So not going to watch this movie

I loved the first one. I hated this sequel. Truly, an overrated waste of time and effort.

It was just one big mess. Most of the jokes fell flat (Going blind, the shark, Jack Lame, Brick Tamland's romantic scenes).

Don't get me wrong, some scenes were solid comedy gold (the RV roll-over scene with Ron Burgundy's crew inside getting tossed around, and Burgundy's dinner with the African American family had me in stitches), but not enough to warrant a 74% rating that it has earned on Rotten Tomatoes.

4/10

Note: I usually enjoy comedy films more upon repeated viewings. I might bump up the rating when this movie is released on DVD and starts showing on Cable TV.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa