Movie Tab II

Tools    

ive giot real limited access to the internet right now

to have and have not - amazing, friggin loved it, my new obsession
I agree completely on To Have And Have Not. Just a great movie. Have you seen many other Bogart films? If you haven't seen Casablanca, that should be next on your list, then Key Largo.

Transformers-my father was watching it and I couldn't resist

Coyote Ugly-one of the best chick flicks ever

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
North by Northwest Very good film, good thriller, funny too. Can't think how I haven't seen it before. Actually, I think I walked out at the start of a showing of it a few years back because I had to catch a bus...

Death Proof

The basic idea is campy and awesome but the movie's a piece of crap. I think everyone can agree that it should have ended after K. Russell killed the first group of girls or at least went in another direction with those girls. I think Tarantino has women issues. Imagine a nerd that's finally surrounded by girls.... I get the feeling he writes these dumbass movies so that he can hang out with hot chicks.... I'm dead serious. And his addiction to feet, that's weird. There's always shots of women's feet in his movies. It's sick. Hitchcock's issues with women came across in the movies he made but it ended up being something very complex and interesting while Tarantino's fascination just seems pathetic. Eff' this movie.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Death Proof

I watched it last night and loved it. I can completely understand how people hate it so much, and I'm not just saying I loved it to be different or anything, I just really did love it. More thoughts later.

Disturbia

A decent thriller let down by a few clumsy mistakes. There were too many continuity problems for me. It seemed like people were moving really, really fast when not shown on camera, going from one house to another. But as I said, it was decent.

Run, Fatboy, Run

A good movie. But a funny movie? Well, I was certainly laughing more than the other cinema-goers. I thought Simon Pegg did the lead role well, and he had great support from Hank Azaria and Dylan Moran. Without those three though, I might not have laughed once.

Goodfellas (1990) 4/5

I re-watched Goodfellas and am changing my rating to 5/5....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
I agree completely on To Have And Have Not. Just a great movie. Have you seen many other Bogart films? If you haven't seen Casablanca, that should be next on your list, then Key Largo.
tragically i have never seen any other bogey and bacall movies, and i havent even seen casablance - i may just go throw myself off a cliff

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Knocked Up - Very funny, a bit longer than it needed to be, but I think that the running time did allow for weird little side trips that were also very funny. Seth Rogen reminds me a bit of John Belushi and a bit of a friend of mine. One of those movies with endlessly quoteable lines, and the Deleted Scene about Brokeback Mountain is a classic.

tragically i have never seen any other bogey and bacall movies, and i havent even seen casablance - i may just go throw myself off a cliff
Please don't do that! Watching Casablanca would be much more fun.

Welcome to the human race...
Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny - 6/10
Hana-bi - 8/10
Scent of a Woman - 7/10

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sunshine (2007, Danny Boyle)

4/5

DB can do little wrong in my eyes but I was intrigued and more than a little apprehensive when it was announced that he was attempting to make a Science Fiction film.

I shouldn't have doubted him.

As the man himself says, there are elements of 2001, Alien and the original Solaris in Sunshine's ultimate execution. The half-stoned, hippy ghost of Silent Running also stalked the set (minus the teeth-curling soundtrack, fortunately. Sunshine's score is fresh and vibrant, but then again, it was done by Underworld).

Convention is no bad thing here and has given Boyle and writer Alex Garland the leeway to play around with recognised situations while handling the BIG TOPIC of a dying star, and thus a dying Earth with much needed restraint. Imagine Ron Howard with the same subject matter?

The ensemble cast are well chosen with no one hogging the limelight: Bambi Murphy is there for the girlies and Michelle Yeoh for the slightly lecherous, balding thirtysomething men (ok, for me ) but everyone comes across as an intelligently designed cog, whirring away in a Rolex watch of a movie. *cough*

Danny Boyle? He seems equally confident and successful in a variety of genres. Dare I say it but, in terms of mainstream film directors there aren't many better right now.

You'll still be able to see my baby blues when the helmet's on? Read my contract, bub!

A system of cells interlinked
Glad you liked it Tac... One of my favorite films in a while...

BUG

I watched this twice before I returned it. The first time I really enjoyed it but when I watched it the second time it was way more affective. It's hard to explain. The second time through I was picking up on all these little sub-textual details, which were awesome. The acting is really good in this movie.

Knocked Up

This is a bad movie. The main character, at least the one I'm guessing they intended to portray as the main character, is annoying as hell. There is nothing enjoyable about him or his group of friends. All of the comedy devices are worn out in this movie. I'm willing to bet the majority of the director's suggestions to the main character were, "Be more like Will Farrell. He's funnier than you.... Try harder.... Well, that's probably as close as we're gonna' get.... lets get this piece of crap over with."

Also, on the cover of this box of trash the log line says, "What if this guy got you pregnant?" Well..... I COULDN'T SAY, BECAUSE I'M A F_CKING GUY AND I CAN'T GET PREGNANT! You idiots. They probably shot their way into an editing nightmare and realized the dumbass that gets the girl pregnant couldn't carry a feature so they tried to spread out the responsibility to the girl who gets pregnant and then they had to target a female audience. This is a effin' chick-flick. Give this movie the finger the next time you're at the rental store or move the DVD's around so people can't rent it.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I saw it for the who knows how many'ith time. It still makes me laugh.

"That's not snow flake!"

As far as original comedy dialog, this movie is leaps and bounds beyond Knocked Up.

Pimp, had similar feeling about Seth Rogen in Knocked Up and the unease of him being to carry the film on his own. Not to sure on the Will Ferrel similarity, except for the curly hair.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Freaks (1932) Not sure if this film is quite brilliant or really offensive, or possibly both. Definitely interesting and worth a watch.

Edit: Hmm, passed 1000 posts and didn't even notice!

Pimp, had similar feeling about Seth Rogen in Knocked Up and the unease of him being to carry the film on his own. Not to sure on the Will Ferrel similarity, except for the curly hair.
That guy definitely couldn't carry the film, which is the director's fault for casting him or moving forward with the actors delivery. Either way, it was a major disappointment. As for the Will Ferrel thing, I kept seeing mixes of Anchor Man and Old School in the idea of him being completely oblivious to his stupidity and a lot of the physical gestures. Maybe I'm way off, who knows.

I love Seth Rogen. Loved him on "Freaks & Geeks", loved him on "Undeclared", loved him in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, loved him in Superbad and I loved him as the lead in Knocked Up. I'm not saying he has a huge range as a thespian and is going to be playing Hamlet or Stanley Kowalski anytime soon, but Judd Apatow casts him perfectly in those parts.

I think.

Diff'rent strokes, I reckon.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra