Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Living 2023

In 1950s London, a humorless civil servant decides to take time off work to experience life after receiving a grim diagnosis.

Buried in Barstow 2022

Follows Hazel King, a single mother determined to protect her daughter from the life she once had while defending and protecting those who can't protect themselves.

Creed III 2023

Adonis has been thriving in both his career and family life, but when a
childhood friend and former boxing prodigy resurfaces, the face-off is
more than just a fight.

Mrs Lowry & Son (2019)

A biographical portrait of the painter L.S.Lowry and his overbearing mother that has her head in the clouds and stifles his artistic talent. She is dreaming of mansions while living in a 2up-2down where as Laurie is painting real people in their real work and activities. Timothy Spall delivers another nuanced performance and carries this. I've been to the Lowry gallery in Salford and it's incredible how a humble clerk could form his own expressionistic art technique.

Magic Mike's Last Dance 2023

Mike takes to the stage again, following a business deal that went bust,
leaving him broke and taking bartender gigs in Florida. Mike heads to
London with a wealthy socialite who lures him with an offer he can't
refuse.

Devil's Gate 2018

Set in the small town of Devil's Gate, North Dakota, the film examines the disappearance of a local woman (Regan) and her young son. Schull plays an FBI agent who helps the local sheriff (Frakes) search for answers. Partnering with a deputy (Ashmore), they track down the missing woman's husband (Ventimiglia) and find that nothing is as it seems.

Unlocked 2023
A woman's life is turned upside-down when a dangerous man gets a hold of
her lost cell phone and uses it to track her every move.

M3gan 2023

A robotics engineer at a toy company builds a life-like doll that begins to take on a life of its own.

Under His Influence 2023

A Social Media Influencer falls for an inmate and starts a crusade to
prove his innocence, but after they win his appeal, she uncovers a dark
secret that changes her life.

'Grey Gardens' (1975)

Been meaning to watch this for years. Documentary exploring the lives of a mother and daughter (Big Edie and little Edie) who are relatives of Jackie Onassis and living in a decrepit, decaying mansion.

Their relationship is interesting (strained at times but also shows deep affection), they are clearly not in the best of health and they have many stories to tell about high society life in 60s New York. But in 1975 they just seemed like sad recluses living a very secluded life. The mystery of why they are so sheltered from everything remains, because at one point they were so embedded with the upper class elite.

It's a challenging film as it is more or less shot in two or three rooms at the derelict house and is endless dialogue. But it's rewarding and is really quite sad to see how these two ladies lives, which should have flourished, have instead rotted away with nothing but a radio, racoons and cats for company. Reading up on how 'Little Edie' tried (and failed) to rekindle her cabaret career after the film was shot, at the age of 60, just makes it sadder.

The house almost seems to act like a character and a real life symbol of their once vibrant lives. There's one scene where Little Edie puts on a dress and make up and performs a dance for the cameras, which is somehow incredibly moving.

i really enjoyed it, its an amazing movie, loved michael b jordan and tessa thompson and jonathan majors, those 3 my favorites on marvel . i didnt know ryan coogler was a producer of this movie cause he was my fav director from black panther . i need to watch other 2 creed movies tomoroww

Very good Greek movie. I saw it twice. Enjoyed it.

'Grey Gardens' (1975)

Been meaning to watch this for years. Documentary exploring the lives of a mother and daughter (Big Edie and little Edie) who are relatives of Jackie Onassis and living in a decrepit, decaying mansion.

Their relationship is interesting (strained at times but also shows deep affection), they are clearly not in the best of health and they have many stories to tell about high society life in 60s New York. But in 1975 they just seemed like sad recluses living a very secluded life. The mystery of why they are so sheltered from everything remains, because at one point they were so embedded with the upper class elite.

It's a challenging film as it is more or less shot in two or three rooms at the derelict house and is endless dialogue. But it's rewarding and is really quite sad to see how these two ladies lives, which should have flourished, have instead rotted away with nothing but a radio, racoons and cats for company. Reading up on how 'Little Edie' tried (and failed) to rekindle her cabaret career after the film was shot, at the age of 60, just makes it sadder.

The house almost seems to act like a character and a real life symbol of their once vibrant lives. There's one scene where Little Edie puts on a dress and make up and performs a dance for the cameras, which is somehow incredibly moving.

Seen this a million times. Love it. Believe it or not, the movie version with Drew Barrymore & Jessica Lange is also excellent.

I forgot the opening line.

By http://disneymoviesanywhere.tumblr.c...-today-we-will, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=7822353

Ratatouille - (2007)

I'm not all that into cooking, but I absolutely adore rats. Does that put me at odds with the generally 'rat-hating' human race? They're beautiful animals, and defy their small size with an intelligence that surprises those who discover it. You can build an enduring friendship with a rat - but unfortunately they only live a few years. Anyway, I've been looking forward to Ratatouille, ever since it appeared so high on the 2000s Countdown. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, considering it's Pixar, but the story and wonderful animation were top-notch. The rats were true to themselves and the human characters weren't neglected either. I enjoyed it, but it'd be rated higher by me if it had of been just that little bit more funny.

7/10

By IMDb, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=12122442

Boyz n the Hood - (1991)

Powerful drama, from a time when black filmmakers had very little representation in mainstream cinema - Boyz n the Hood feels a little sanitized by 21st Century standards, but this was necessarily so. Hardly anyone would have seen a true representation of the darker side of the South Central Los Angeles of 1991. John Singleton showed he had serious talent as a filmmaker, and the likes of Laurence Fishburne and Cuba Gooding Jr. had their breakout moments here. You know, when you're the good one, about to go to college, and mama's favourite in one of these films you're dead meat. There's no way you're going to survive. I really enjoyed catching up with this again after so many years.

7.5/10

By IMP Awards, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=60247791

Climax - (2018)

It's still original, and it's still quite harrowing.

8/10

By Impawards, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=12456654

Nice Girls Don't Explode - (1987)

I watched this by accident yesterday, thinking it was something else. It's quite an odd bird of a comedy, and aside from featuring the great Wallace Shawn, who lifts every silly scene he's in, it's not worth watching. A low budget independent feature that mistakes the eccentric and weird for being sure-fire funny. For the most part it's not.

3/10

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I forgot the opening line.
Mrs Lowry & Son (2019)

A biographical portrait of the painter L.S.Lowry and his overbearing mother that has her head in the clouds and stifles his artistic talent. She is dreaming of mansions while living in a 2up-2down where as Laurie is painting real people in their real work and activities. Timothy Spall delivers another nuanced performance and carries this. I've been to the Lowry gallery in Salford and it's incredible how a humble clerk could form his own expressionistic art technique.

I'm a big fan of this film.

SF = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Either you always watch films in the middle of the night or you're a film buff bear supposed to be hibernating now!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It was my payback for Cocaine Bear....Emily. As you might guess from the trailer, it's about the Bronte sisters, especially Emily, the author of Wuthering Heights. The siblings were all talented in their own way, but also cursed by the state of health knowledge in that time and place. None of them lived very long, all of them died from simple, avoidable problems that they knew nothing about. As a one-time public health official, I was absolutely horrified to find that, in real life, the water they drank and used for washing in their isolated existence was contaminated by sewage and runoff from a graveyard. Dishwashing was a matter of wiping off food remains while soaking in the murky, contaminated water that had been sitting in the wash basin for GOK how long. If it were a restaurant, I'd close it down and board up the windows. Some of this appears in the movie.

The movie is quite a seemingly well done period piece. I was interested because it's just been a while since I saw a very slow, talky British movie about people wearing elaborate period clothes and talking about how they feel. It's good that way and made me appreciate not living on The Moors. The Coke Bear might finish you off faster, but life in the early 19th century in that place seemed pointlessly short, especially for a talented family as these people were. They didn't even understand what tainted water meant, but they died for it.