The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Phew, new barrel arrived just in time...

46. The Skin I Live In
45. Hugo

I'll echo Logan and Hugo as guesses for today's pair.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

134 points, 10 lists
Logan
Director

James Mangold, 2017

Starring

Hugh Jackman, Dafne Keen, Patrick Stewart, Elizabeth Rodriguez

135 points, 8 lists
Midnight in Paris
Director

Woody Allen, 2011

Starring

Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Kurt Fuller, Mimi Kennedy

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
No no no. This can't be.

I haven't seen Logan but where the hell was Whiplash!?!

And Midnight in Paris in the top 50?!?! Seriously!?! Taking a bad turn this countdown is.

Trivia

Logan - When Charles Xavier suffers from his seizures, Hugh Jackman did not act as if he was being pushed away. Instead, he was held back by a rope pulled by two men in order to give a more realistic portrayal of being restrained.
Midnight in Paris - Tom Hiddleston received a letter from Woody Allen, along with fifteen pages of the script, offering him the role of F. Scott Fitzgerald. "It was three sentences long," Hiddleston told Entertainment Weekly. "Dear Tom, I'm making a movie in Paris this summer. I attached some pages. I'd love for you to play the role of Scott." Hiddleston now has the letter framed and hanging up in his home office.

MoFo Reviewers

Logan

As an emotionally-charged conclusion to Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine and a brilliant introduction for Dafne Keen as an actress, “Logan” is a triumph on all fronts. Its success, and the success of its predecessor, “Deadpool” (2016), have paved the way for future down-to-earth narratives in this genre. And in the age of the cinematic superhero, these stories are more than welcome.
Read the full review here.

Midnight in Paris

The lead role is such an archetype to Allen's cinema that he's immediately judged on how well he impersonates the part---which almost dooms most actors to failure since everything has been tailor made, cutting around Allen's weaknesses and playing to his strengths. A lot charm of the movie comes from Owen Wilson choosing not to impersonate Woody Allen, but instead play the character. It's not laugh out loud funny, with Allen taking his typical pot shots here but more of a gentle ribbing, which may go with the territory---if you're in the company of touchy novelists, asking everyone to step outside with him.
Read the full review here.

mark f

Logan (James Mangold, 2017)

With Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and Laura (Dafnee Keen) watching Shane, Logan (Hugh Jackman) tries to explain to her that X-Men comic books don’t tell the truth.
I couldn't find any ratings/reviews mark f wrote for Midnight in Paris.

Neither film made mark f's ballot.

I watched Logan and John Wick and haven't seen Act of Killing and Midnight in Paris. None of them made my ballot. Btw after seeing Civil War in the list I thought that many MCU movies will appear and counted them earlier. And if they would appear it is interesting to see Logan before them, I'd put it one of the highest places in superhero movies list.

Reply to Topic