28th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Actually the point is I'm not convinced that my film was watched while I was subjected to a horrible film with child rape, animal torture and an ungodly run time.
Actually I did and watched it twice.

And I really don't care what you thought of mine. I know it wasn't for everyone.

And FYI, I DON'T like American comedies.

Again, it's closed.

The Traveling Players (1973)

The Traveling Players is a movie...it was shot with a camera. The film came out in the 1970's it seems like it was foreign. I don't like movies where I have to read it's not my thing.

Anyways, I know that a few users felt that the violence went too far in The Painted Bird (to be fair, it's not just Siddon), but that wasn't quite what I walked away with. Rather, my issue was that the violent/disturbing bits in the film left me cold for the reasons I brought up in my review.

The trick is not minding
My whole response to another Siddon hot take.

🙄

It’s a shame, because I like reading his tales on films, and I admire the rather lengthy amount of films he’s watched.

I take it you're referring to Pirate Bay.
We are pirates except me..I'm Viking..which are a lot like pirates

So I guess someone won't watch Star Wars III Revenge of The Sith because it contains children being murdered. Order 66.

So I guess someone won't watch Star Wars III Revenge of The Sith because it contains children being murdered. Order 66.
Someone shouldn't watch Episode III because it's bad also pretty sure I said child being raped and thrown into a vat of shit...which is different from murder. The animals were being murdered graphically for three hours.

But at least you didn't have to watch a comedy...because that wasn't your thing

I finally finished watching The Travelling Players (1975). Written and directed by Theodoros Angelopoulos, this Greek drama is about a group of theatre actors during World War II. It felt like there was a lot going on here, but not all of it worked for me. I'm not sure if it is because I am not knowledgeable enough about Greek history or if it was just the way the story was told. At times, it was a little hard to follow. It was not always clear who was who or exactly what was going on. There are some positive elements though. The camerawork is well done and there are some nice shots. I did like the look of the film. Acting was fine. No one gave a bad performance, but no one really stood out either. There are good scenes, here and there, but the film is not consistently interesting or engaging. And the length doesn't help. This is a very long film. I would say it is at least an hour too long and should have been cut down to a shorter length. Honestly, I found the film boring in parts and after a while just wanted it to end. While I respect and appreciate certain things about the film, sorry to say this did not work for me.