The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'm going Minority Report and that goofy Spring Summer Fall Winter movie.
C'mon, have you even seen the "goofy Spring Summer Fall Winter movie"?

90 points, 7 lists
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Director

Wes Anderson, 2009

Starring

George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray

91 points, 5 lists
Cast Away
Director

Robert Zemeckis, 2000

Starring

Tom Hanks, Helen Hunt, Chris Noth, Paul Sanchez

Haven’t seen Cast Away since the theater. Despite my love for Hanks I just thought it was fine. Should definitely give it another shot.

Probably should have had Fantastic Mr Fox on my list and gotten it higher. Glad it’s here though. Great movie, tremendous amount of fun to watch.

"Cast Away" was one of my final cuts.

Haven't seen " Fantastic Mr. Fox" and will probably stay that way. Doesn't seem to be my type of film.

EDIT: Fixed film title to appease that anal guy, Thief...

Ok, now I'm thinking if I'm making the hints too tough, but you all asked for tough *just sayin*

Anyway, here's the hint breakdown...

Hint, hint!...

WARNING: spoilers below

(the general theme and tone of the hint are people that are a bit self-centered and don't think of others a lot, like Chuck and Mr. Fox in both films)

I think I'm great, obsessed with work (Chuck is a workaholic)
I just don't care, I think I'm sly (Mr. Fox doesn't think a lot about consequences, sly is a frequent adjective for foxes)
Underground is where I lurk (reference to the foxes digging tunnels)
And get in trouble when I fly (reference to Chuck's plane crash)

I steal what I want, deliver the goods (Mr. Fox steals, FedEx/Chuck deliver)
And spark the anger of the Big Three (Mr. Fox causes the anger of the three farmers)
Do I do it for the thrill or for the foods? (a bit of Mr. Fox dilemma for doing what he does)
or do it to set fire to the big tree? (very vague reference to Chuck making a fire)

My friends in trouble, I'm a disgrace (Mr. Fox's actions put his friends/family in trouble, but Chuck's "friend", Wilson, also ends up in trouble)
Serving, blocking, spiking, digging (all volleyball terms, i.e. Wilson)
Slap my bloody hand all over their face (obvious reference to Wilson)
Then scream for them to be forgiving (another reference to Wilson's demise)

Think of your love, think of your son (Chuck thinks of his love/girlfriend, Mr. Fox thinks of his son)
So if you wanna do this, I implore
You might end caught, or all alone (Foxes might end up caught, Chuck might end up alone)
So I just ask you, be absolutely sure. (This was FedEx's slogan back in 2000)
Ta-ta!

The hint seemed much darker than Cast Away or anything Riald Dahl. I haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox. When I was a kid the animation style looked very unappealing. But I really liked Cast Away. Saw it on TV twice.

I thought Castaway was okay but pretty forgettable. I like exactly one Wes Anderson movie and Fantastic Mr. Fox isn't it.

Seen: 18/32

Can I say that one of my biggest pet peeves is people calling it "Castaway", instead of "Cast Away"??

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I thought Castaway was okay but pretty forgettable. I like exactly one Wes Anderson movie and Fantastic Mr. Fox isn't it.

Seen: 18/32
I like two Wes Anderson movies but neither of those are Fantastic Mr Fox.

I liked Fantastic Mr. Fox but it wasn't quite in the running for a spot on my ballot. As for Cast Away, I'm simply not much of a Tom Hanks fan so have never seen it and will happily take the doughnut instead every time.

Seen: 20/32 (Own: 14/32)
My ballot:  

Faildictions (millennial edition v1.01):
68. Black Hawk Down (2001)
67. 3:10 To Yuma (2007)

Neither of these films appeared on the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List. Fantastic Mr. Fox was #17 on the MoFo Top 100 Animated Films. This is the first time Cast Away has appeared on any of the MoFo-generated group lists.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Reply to Topic